Offensive Coordinator

but i dont know why bo would go for a juco head coach to be our oc. granted sims has put fort scott in the elite of juco football, but i think we can snag someone with a little more prestige...

A lot of people said the same thing about Ekeler and Papuchis. But that seemed to work out didnt it? :)

but i dont know why bo would go for a juco head coach to be our oc. granted sims has put fort scott in the elite of juco football, but i think we can snag someone with a little more prestige...

A lot of people said the same thing about Ekeler and Papuchis. But that seemed to work out didnt it? :)

Or how about Carl Pelini who except for a 3 year stint from 1989-1991, 2 as a GA, at KSU, had no college coaching experience until he became a GA at NU in 2003. His entire coaching experience was as a HS HC. After NU he went to Minnesota State, where he has ties to Jeff Sims, and then 2 years at Ohio with Frank until 2008. Not necessarily DC material based on that resume, yet you could argue that Carl has as much to do with the success of Bo's tenure, if not the most, as any other Coach on the staff. If he is a good coach then he would be a great pick up.

I would think Bo being pretty well connected with both the NCAA & NFL would already have someone in mind?

If anything, Bo is gonna want someone that gels with his persona and understands his way of doing things.

We have to take into account that chemistry among the staff comes 1st before we start pulling out random names out of a hat.

I would think Bo being pretty well connected with both the NCAA & NFL would already have someone in mind?

Absolutely. IF we were to make a change, at any position, Bo has a black book of highly qualified coaches from all levels he would call, either for advice or to make an offer. He's very well connected amongst the fraternity of coaches.

Let's say Bo does decide to replace Shawn Watson.

Who do we replace him with?

Larry Porter - LSU

Rob Ianello - Notre Dame

Ed Warinner - Kansas

Reggie Mitchell - Illinois

Norm Chow - UCLA

Brian Polian - Notre Dame

Can we go after any of these top names?

Larry Porter has taken the head coach job at Memphis. I like Chow but don't see him as fit here. Illinois? No thank you. Ianello should get interviewed...great recruiter and the offense was not the issue at ND. This guy has worked well with skill players and could get some top QB's, RB's, and WR's in here to play. He'd be on my list.

Didn't Weis take over play calling before this guy started? I don't think that is a good idea, we need an experienced play-caller to come in or somebody that was around when TO was calling plays. I wonder if we don't have a good candidate on the staff, however I am not sure it fits him as well.

Watson and Gilmore are let go, Frost and Ganz replace them, Ron Brown as Offensive Coordinator? Like I said, it is a pipe dream. I am not aware of Brown as a play caller at any time in his career but he is a fantastic coach and I'm sure would work with TO to figure it out.

Again, don't crucify me for this, just a thought that probably wouldn't work. However, the Frost/Ganz upgrade would be nice.

Ganz will be joining the staff this month. Heard it from him after the CU game on Big Red Reaction.....

here's what i've been thinking....

- two offensive decommits in the last two days = watson most likely gone

(one being tyler gabbert, watson's prize recruit this year)

- two juco commits from fort scott today = possibility jeff sims is in the mix to replace watson and bringing

his two top players with him.

- but i dont know why bo would go for a juco head coach to be our oc. granted sims has put fort scott in the elite of juco football, but i think we can snag someone with a little more prestige...

One coach that comes to my mind is Jim Leavitt with South Florida and for what he's done with South Florida over the years. He spent numerous years at a lower colleges like Morningside College here in Sioux City, IA which is an NAIA college and was the Defensive Coordinator at K-State from 92-95. Just because a coach has been coaching at a Juco college doesn't mean that they're not a good coach. You gotta start somewhere.

It doesn't matter. We are bottom of the barrel on offense right now and we have some talent. Helu and Rex look good in the backfield. Niles can be a playmaker we just need to work on hands and route running. Kinnie looks like he can run routes and was impressed with the first down he picked up saturday night by moving into the throw to get momentum going to attack the secondary. It's just the line and qb (I know...the two most vital areas to an offense)...

Perhaps Bo knows some minds from the pros....remember he was just a defensive (was it linebacker) coach.

What happened to Holt, Gilleylen, Brooks, and McNeil? Did these guys fall off the face of the earth?

It would appear so huh.

Let's say Bo does decide to replace Shawn Watson.

Who do we replace him with?

Larry Porter - LSU

Rob Ianello - Notre Dame

Ed Warinner - Kansas

Reggie Mitchell - Illinois

Norm Chow - UCLA

Brian Polian - Notre Dame

Can we go after any of these top names?

Larry Porter has taken the head coach job at Memphis. I like Chow but don't see him as fit here. Illinois? No thank you. Ianello should get interviewed...great recruiter and the offense was not the issue at ND. This guy has worked well with skill players and could get some top QB's, RB's, and WR's in here to play. He'd be on my list.

Didn't Weis take over play calling before this guy started? I don't think that is a good idea, we need an experienced play-caller to come in or somebody that was around when TO was calling plays. I wonder if we don't have a good candidate on the staff, however I am not sure it fits him as well.

Watson and Gilmore are let go, Frost and Ganz replace them, Ron Brown as Offensive Coordinator? Like I said, it is a pipe dream. I am not aware of Brown as a play caller at any time in his career but he is a fantastic coach and I'm sure would work with TO to figure it out.

Again, don't crucify me for this, just a thought that probably wouldn't work. However, the Frost/Ganz upgrade would be nice.

Ganz will be joining the staff this month. Heard it from him after the CU game on Big Red Reaction.....

Interesting. As a position coach?

Everytime I look at mccoy getting chucked across the turf I smile.

there might be some legs to this.... the coach of FSCC coming to NU in what compacity i do not know.... but there might be somethign going on here.....

i'm more along the lines of Bo reaching into a more established OC but hell we will see........

***snip***

- but i dont know why bo would go for a juco head coach to be our oc. granted sims has put fort scott in the elite of juco football, but i think we can snag someone with a little more prestige...

Prestige? Who gives a damn about prestige? I want someone who can COACH.

It would also be nice to get someone that you could count on staying with the program for a number of years. I don't know if that kind of commitment to a program is possible anymore, unless we get a former Nebraskan.