Offensive Coordinator

So does this Jeff Sims talk have any credibility at all or is it just baseless rumbling?

The original rumor on another board was that there was a juco HC that was coming to NU's staff after the season and he was bringing two of his players one of which was committed to another school. So since Fort Scott sent us two one of which was committed to another school; it has started people wondering.

But the whole "Ganz coming back" makes it sound like Watson is staying, since those two are BFF.

I think if Ganz came back I would not change the playbook too drastically. He was very good at it after all. Maybe he can coach it into some of our other players. I would still get a new o-line coach though

Eh, I don't know about that, but I guess we'll see. There are also signs that he may be packing. As Knapplc brought up, it's suspicious that two of his big recruits have dropped us this week. That World Herald quote about "heading in a different direction" is just ambigious enough to raise eyebrows, too. Ganz will be an attribute with or without Watson because he has talent and has recently been on the field, giving him a really nice perspective for helping the guys that are only a couple years younger than him. I guess we'll see. Likely Watson will be around another season, but will then be gone.

:nanalama

how bout jeff jagodzinski, he was with bo while they were together in green bay. and since he was let go from tampa bay before the season started i'd say he would be looking for a job. in his couple years at boston college he had a pretty respectable record.

from everything i've read about jags, i don't think i'd be a good fit at NU

also, no offense (no pun here) to jeff sims, but going from HC at a CC to an OC at a major school like NU is a huge leap. not sure that would be the right fit either.

So if Watts stays is everyone going to :cry ? I wish if he is gone it would be now so it would be more fun to speculate. But if he stays I can see a long road ahead. :wacko:

1) I see our current OC situation much like I saw our pevious DC situation. We had a productive offense and an under-productive defense and Callahan refused to let Cosgrove go which ultimately was his downfall. Now we have a productive defense and an under-productive offense.. does Bo refuse to let Watson go? We shall see.. but I really think it's about the same situation flipped.

2) 2 big offensive recruits decommit (QB & WR). I think that has much more to do with the fact that the offense looked miserable against Texas and probably scared the sh#t out of two pass-oriented recruits. I very much doubt that they would know anything more about Watson staying/leaving than anyone else.

3) Ganz coming in. Well, he's coming in as an intern.. not exactly getting put on the staff full time. Ganz was a great game manager and understood the offense pretty well. He was one of those players that really seemed like he had a good grasp of the scheme/strategy on the offense... which tells me he will probably become a good coach one day.. but for now he's coming back to NU primarily to learn.

does anyone know what kind of offense he runs down there?

The kind that scores points

That's my favorite offense! :)

Now that's funny.

One thing that makes me think Sims might at least be joining the staff in some capacity is that Sims is trying to sway one of his players that committed to South Florida to head to Nebraska instead. When I have more time I'll try and find that article.