Offensive Coordinator

I would love to get Norm Chow but there is almost a zero percent chance of that happening. One person I would love to see come back is Scott Frost. I didnt know he is the WR's coach at Oregon and I would really, really love to see him come back for the same position here. He has been w some of the best offensive minds in all of football and would also have ten times more passion about husker football as a whole than Gilmore does, just my opinion.

I would love to get Norm Chow but there is almost a zero percent chance of that happening. One person I would love to see come back is Scott Frost. I didnt know he is the WR's coach at Oregon and I would really, really love to see him come back for the same position here. He has been w some of the best offensive minds in all of football and would also have ten times more passion about husker football as a whole than Gilmore does, just my opinion.

I have been stumping on getting Frost back to NU for some time. He would love to come back to NU and Gilmore's status isn't really solid IMO. I think it would be a good move.

I have been stumping on getting Frost back to NU for some time. He would love to come back to NU and Gilmore's status isn't really solid IMO. I think it would be a good move.

Forgot to add that this also adds a benefit of someone else being the Recruiting Coordinator.

It doesn't matter. We are bottom of the barrel on offense right now and we have some talent. Helu and Rex look good in the backfield. Niles can be a playmaker we just need to work on hands and route running. Kinnie looks like he can run routes and was impressed with the first down he picked up saturday night by moving into the throw to get momentum going to attack the secondary. It's just the line and qb (I know...the two most vital areas to an offense)...

Perhaps Bo knows some minds from the pros....remember he was just a defensive (was it linebacker) coach.

It doesn't matter. We are bottom of the barrel on offense right now and we have some talent. Helu and Rex look good in the backfield. Niles can be a playmaker we just need to work on hands and route running. Kinnie looks like he can run routes and was impressed with the first down he picked up saturday night by moving into the throw to get momentum going to attack the secondary. It's just the line and qb (I know...the two most vital areas to an offense)...

Perhaps Bo knows some minds from the pros....remember he was just a defensive (was it linebacker) coach.

I say morgage the ranch and get Paul Johnson.

I say morgage the ranch and get Paul Johnson.

Why in heck would PJ leave a HC job to take a OC job?

I haven't commented a lot on Watson. For the most part I think he will be back as breaking in a new QB and having some injuries on the offense did not help him. But I also agree that he hasn't shown progress with the offense. The QB play, O-Line, and WR's have not gotten it going. If the bowl game is ugly on offense, the heat could be turned up just enough. If we perform well on offense in the bowl game, I think there is no chance he is gone. A lot is riding on the offensive performance in the bowl game. We have time to prepare and be ready to show improvement.

Since this is Rumorville, I do like the idea of bringing back Gill and Frost. Gill as OC and asst. head coach and Frost as WR's coach or similar to what his role is at Oregon. Yes, this is a bit crazy but hear me out...Nebraska is a special place and I think if we wanted this done, TO could be the difference. Gill would be obvious successor as AD. Gill has no ego whatsoever so if someone was going to go from head coach to OC/asst. head coach this would be the guy, IMO Nebraska OC/asst. head coach > Buffalo head coach. Plus I think he would be lined up for AD and be back in an environment that knows and loves him. And Frost would be in great position as well coming back to coach the beloved Huskers. This would definitely be a jolt to the fanbase who I think would love this if this were to happen.

Let's say Bo does decide to replace Shawn Watson.

Who do we replace him with?

Larry Porter - LSU

Rob Ianello - Notre Dame

Ed Warinner - Kansas

Reggie Mitchell - Illinois

Norm Chow - UCLA

Brian Polian - Notre Dame

Can we go after any of these top names?

Larry Porter has taken the head coach job at Memphis. I like Chow but don't see him as fit here. Illinois? No thank you. Ianello should get interviewed...great recruiter and the offense was not the issue at ND. This guy has worked well with skill players and could get some top QB's, RB's, and WR's in here to play. He'd be on my list.

What happened to Holt, Gilleylen, Brooks, and McNeil? Did these guys fall off the face of the earth?

Let's say Bo does decide to replace Shawn Watson.

Who do we replace him with?

Larry Porter - LSU

Rob Ianello - Notre Dame

Ed Warinner - Kansas

Reggie Mitchell - Illinois

Norm Chow - UCLA

Brian Polian - Notre Dame

Can we go after any of these top names?

Larry Porter has taken the head coach job at Memphis. I like Chow but don't see him as fit here. Illinois? No thank you. Ianello should get interviewed...great recruiter and the offense was not the issue at ND. This guy has worked well with skill players and could get some top QB's, RB's, and WR's in here to play. He'd be on my list.

Didn't Weis take over play calling before this guy started? I don't think that is a good idea, we need an experienced play-caller to come in or somebody that was around when TO was calling plays. I wonder if we don't have a good candidate on the staff, however I am not sure it fits him as well.

Watson and Gilmore are let go, Frost and Ganz replace them, Ron Brown as Offensive Coordinator? Like I said, it is a pipe dream. I am not aware of Brown as a play caller at any time in his career but he is a fantastic coach and I'm sure would work with TO to figure it out.

Again, don't crucify me for this, just a thought that probably wouldn't work. However, the Frost/Ganz upgrade would be nice.

I don't think I'd be too comfortable handing a big part of the offense over to Ganz just yet. He's in his first year of coaching and I think if it came down to it he could get circles ran around him by some of the vets. Frost on the other hand has been around some of the best minds in football and I think would bring some innovation over from Oregon. Brown has been nothing except a position coach in football and I think if you have to hire someone for o coordinator when you have a defensive minded coach you're going to want someone who can handle all of it not someone that's going to have to learn on the fly.

Everyone please, please, please quit suggesting that Johnson or Gill or any other head coach is coming to NU to be a freakin coordinator. It's not going to happen, never, ever, ever.

I haven't commented a lot on Watson. For the most part I think he will be back as breaking in a new QB and having some injuries on the offense did not help him. But I also agree that he hasn't shown progress with the offense. The QB play, O-Line, and WR's have not gotten it going. If the bowl game is ugly on offense, the heat could be turned up just enough. If we perform well on offense in the bowl game, I think there is no chance he is gone. A lot is riding on the offensive performance in the bowl game. We have time to prepare and be ready to show improvement.

Since this is Rumorville, I do like the idea of bringing back Gill and Frost. Gill as OC and asst. head coach and Frost as WR's coach or similar to what his role is at Oregon. Yes, this is a bit crazy but hear me out...Nebraska is a special place and I think if we wanted this done, TO could be the difference. Gill would be obvious successor as AD. Gill has no ego whatsoever so if someone was going to go from head coach to OC/asst. head coach this would be the guy, IMO Nebraska OC/asst. head coach > Buffalo head coach. Plus I think he would be lined up for AD and be back in an environment that knows and loves him. And Frost would be in great position as well coming back to coach the beloved Huskers. This would definitely be a jolt to the fanbase who I think would love this if this were to happen.

I think you are fooling yourself. NO WAY in heck does Gill take a job working for the man who beat him out of his dream job. He is on record as saying that snub hurt and still hurts. I would love for this to happen, but no way does it happen. Scott Frost on the other hand I would LOVE to see back NU AND I think it would be a slam dunk based on his comments in the recent past if there was a spot for him. I would trade Gilmore for Frost in a NY Minute.