Should we bolt for the Big 10?

craigsker

How's about this, we drop Colorado, since no one likes them anyway. The Big 10/11 picks up Iowa St. (we really wouldnt miss them either), making them the new Big 12. Then, the current Big 12 turns into the new Big 10, but in order to be the new Big 10, we'd have to have 11 teams, so in order to do that, we get TCU in here, then Oklahoma and Oklahoma St. join the "north" division, making it the "Rest" division, and Texas, Baylor, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and TCU would become the "Texas" division. And all conference championship games would be held at the home field of the "Texas" Division representative. Any thoughts.

we couldnt ask for a better set up then we have now in the big 12. if bo can get us back to where TO had us(i'm talking in the 70'2 and 80's not mid 90's levels) we should play for the conference title most years.

I hear where you're coming from and it's valid, but let's be honest here, Bo ain't trying to settle for "good enough". His expectations are higher than even we as fan expect of the team. So settling for a 70's-80's Husker revival isn't gonna be "good enough" for Bo Pelini. If anything, he wants to be better than the mid-90's teams. And bless him for that.

bounce mizzou, add tcu. i dont like that it gives the state of texas that much more clout, but how cool would it be to play a team name the 'Horned Frogs?'

No more Texas teams!!!! Since its the Big 10 looking I say let them have ISU, and bring in Boise St. They are yelling for national recognition, this would let them prove themselves, and to honest I think ISU would do great in the Big 10, hell they would win it most years.

How's about this, we drop Colorado, since no one likes them anyway. The Big 10/11 picks up Iowa St. (we really wouldnt miss them either), making them the new Big 12. Then, the current Big 12 turns into the new Big 10, but in order to be the new Big 10, we'd have to have 11 teams, so in order to do that, we get TCU in here, then Oklahoma and Oklahoma St. join the "north" division, making it the "Rest" division, and Texas, Baylor, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and TCU would become the "Texas" division. And all conference championship games would be held at the home field of the "Texas" Division representative. Any thoughts.

:yeah hahahahahahahahahaha that is awesome, i'm all about this idea

we couldnt ask for a better set up then we have now in the big 12. if bo can get us back to where TO had us(i'm talking in the 70'2 and 80's not mid 90's levels) we should play for the conference title most years.

I hear where you're coming from and it's valid, but let's be honest here, Bo ain't trying to settle for "good enough". His expectations are higher than even we as fan expect of the team. So settling for a 70's-80's Husker revival isn't gonna be "good enough" for Bo Pelini. If anything, he wants to be better than the mid-90's teams. And bless him for that.

who said anything about settling? I love what Bo is doing, but his still has some things to prove to us before I will believe he can get us to 70's 80's level..... let alone 90's. I;m not saying he cant, but there is a reason TO is considered so special...... very few can do what he did at NU

bounce mizzou, add tcu. i dont like that it gives the state of texas that much more clout, but how cool would it be to play a team name the 'Horned Frogs?'

No more Texas teams!!!! Since its the Big 10 looking I say let them have ISU, and bring in Boise St. They are yelling for national recognition, this would let them prove themselves, and to honest I think ISU would do great in the Big 10, hell they would win it most years.

I don't know about adding Boise State. Do you really want to play at their home field where they are like 100-4? Plus what if Boise State comes in and does too good? Boise St. has already shown they can play with the big boys they won't be afraid.

who said anything about settling? I love what Bo is doing, but his still has some things to prove to us before I will believe he can get us to 70's 80's level..... let alone 90's. I;m not saying he cant, but there is a reason TO is considered so special...... very few can do what he did at NU

I wasn't criticizing your post. You read it wrong.

My point is that as long as Pelini is at NU, he'll never be satisfied. And I'm glad he has that type of attitude, because he'll keep pushing his teams to believe that they can do better regardless.

I don't know about adding Boise State. Do you really want to play at their home field where they are like 100-4? Plus what if Boise State comes in and does too good? Boise St. has already shown they can play with the big boys they won't be afraid.

Thats fine. While Boise State is good, I dont think they could hang in the B12. I have a theory (i apply this to TCU as well) that while they have good coaching, there recruiting/playstyle cant withstand the constant pounding from a major conference. These teams lack depth, and the experience of prepping for big games week after week. I think they would do well in the B12, maybe around 8-4 most years. Its one thing to play an OU once a year, its an entirely different thing to play even the worst teams in the B12, the talent level of most of the athletes is beyond what Boise gets out of say Hawaii, and most teams have at least one stand out that can be a burr in your butt.

Also they would have to get rid of the "smurf turf", that would be a deal breaker. :)

I think ND will end up joining and if not they will pick up Rutgers. All the Big 10 has to do to pick up ND is tell them that if they dont join the Big 10 then none of the Big 10 schools on their schedule are allowed to play them. ND needs the Big 10 more than the Big 10 needs ND, its only a matter of time till ND has to swallow their pride and realize their TV contract isnt that great of deal anymore since everyone plays on TV now.

Once ND joins the Big 10 it will create a 12 team conference and they will split it up into two divisions and will have a conference championship. They are already realizing how damaging it is to their image to be irrelevant for the final 3 weekends of the year, not to mention the astronomical layoff till the bowl games is killing them.

Once the Big 10 gets a conference championship it wont be long till all conferences follow suit and get a conference championship and then we can have our playoff. Take all conference champions and a couple at large bids and play them off.

What if we just elminated everyone and handed you the trophy every year? :box

What if we just elminated everyone and handed you the trophy every year?

Actually, aside from a ridiculous game against ISU, we've already gone ahead and eliminated everyone in the North this year on our own.

Next year if we discover an offense that can crack that 106-yard barrier, we'll take the South to the woodshed, too.

Fear us, if you dare!

pussnboots.jpg

I think ND will end up joining and if not they will pick up Rutgers. All the Big 10 has to do to pick up ND is tell them that if they dont join the Big 10 then none of the Big 10 schools on their schedule are allowed to play them. ND needs the Big 10 more than the Big 10 needs ND, its only a matter of time till ND has to swallow their pride and realize their TV contract isnt that great of deal anymore since everyone plays on TV now.

Once ND joins the Big 10 it will create a 12 team conference and they will split it up into two divisions and will have a conference championship. They are already realizing how damaging it is to their image to be irrelevant for the final 3 weekends of the year, not to mention the astronomical layoff till the bowl games is killing them.

Once the Big 10 gets a conference championship it wont be long till all conferences follow suit and get a conference championship and then we can have our playoff. Take all conference champions and a couple at large bids and play them off.

Notre Dame joining isn't likely given that the Big 10 asked them to join before. Probably not likely now that they have a winning college coach. I think as long as they have a contract with NBC they aren't joining a conference anytime soon.

Notre Dame joining isn't likely given that the Big 10 asked them to join before. Probably not likely now that they have a winning college coach. I think as long as they have a contract with NBC they aren't joining a conference anytime soon.

He won at colleges with different academic qualifications than Notre Dame. We'll see how Kelly does with the kids he's able to get for the Domers.