What are we wanting out of the University of Texas and Big 12?

CornBall

I hear a lot of talk about how UT "controls the conference,", we should bolt to the Rust Belt League, assert ourselves, yada yada.

So let's say we "assert ourselves" with the Big 12 and tell them who's boss. What are we demanding out of them?

- To take that second off of the clock that was rightfully put back on? To jerk Kunalic's scholly for the out of bounds kick?

- To not call Terrence Nunn's fumble against Texas a fumble?

- To not call Dan Alexander's endzone fumble against Texas a fumble?

- To disqualify James Brown from the Big 12 Championship to prevent him from running over our arses?

- To not have the Big 12 Championship in the state of Texas any more? (Personally I really enjoyed it)

I guess I'm lost. What are our demands? Or are we just sore losers and want to run to some easier gig? Are we getting short-changed from the conference in some material way that I am unaware of?

OK, I get that we lost the annual OU rivalry game. But what else?

We sound like a jealous bunch of wusses. Cry babies. Sore losers. I hope the players and coaches don't act like this. We'll get our asses handed to us on a platter in Diego.

I hear a lot of talk about how UT "controls the conference,", we should bolt to the Rust Belt League, assert ourselves, yada yada.

So let's say we "assert ourselves" with the Big 12 and tell them who's boss. What are we demanding out of them?

- To take that second off of the clock that was rightfully put back on? To jerk Kunalic's scholly for the out of bounds kick?

- To disqualify James Brown from the Big 12 Championship to prevent him from running over our arses?

- To not have the Big 12 Championship in the state of Texas any more? (Personally I really enjoyed it)

I guess I'm lost. What are our demands? Or are we just sore losers and want to run to some easier gig? Are we getting short-changed from the conference in some material way that I am unaware of?

We sound like a jealous bunch of wusses. Cry babies. Sore losers. I hope the players and coaches don't act like this. We'll get our asses handed to us on a platter in Diego.

Agreed Pal, that 1 second whinning is ridiculous, it was the right get over it

Agreed Pal, that 1 second whinning is ridiculous, it was the right get over it

There are many plays in a football game that, after the ball hits the ground, a second or two ticks off the clock. The problem is that it only seems to matter at the end of a game.

I believe it was the right call in technicality, however it is still a call that can be interpreted both ways. Thinking otherwise is like wandering on the edges of blissful arrogance.

hopefully some clarification by the big 12 to the officials so that doesnt happen again. on a side note, as of right now there are ZERO threads on the 1st page about the texas game.... Id say people have gotten over it. why dig it back up? seems like you are fishing for trouble here.

Texas gets its way in all things, not just the games.

The League office went from KC to Dallas.

The champ game is all but moved to Arlington for good.

The tv contract money is set up to funnel more to the Texas Schools.

Osborn warned everyone about it. He said that everything would move to be Texas centric and that the north teams needed to guard against it, and that has not happened.

I disagree with a few opinions........Believe it or not, a lot of people who haven't "gotten over it".

I was traveling Saturday (1 entire week later) and listening to Matt and Mack show and you wouldn't believe how many guys were calling in complaining and whinning about the Big 12 game. I was getting pissed. I wanted to here Heisman talk, Holiday Bowl chatter, QB race, recruiting........but I'm not kidding almost 50% of the calls concerned the game.

NU lost because they didn't make enough plays along the way. Well before the "perverbial" 1 second. Yes, most of us were angry and disappointed and spoke/wrote with a ton of emotion right after the game and a day or 2, but c'mon.....be disappointed and angry, but can we let this go please.

I disagree with a few opinions........Believe it or not, a lot of people who haven't "gotten over it".

I was traveling Saturday (1 entire week later) and listening to Matt and Mack show and you wouldn't believe how many guys were calling in complaining and whinning about the Big 12 game. I was getting pissed. I wanted to here Heisman talk, Holiday Bowl chatter, QB race, recruiting........but I'm not kidding almost 50% of the calls concerned the game.

NU lost because they didn't make enough plays along the way. Well before the "perverbial" 1 second. Yes, most of us were angry and disappointed and spoke/wrote with a ton of emotion right after the game and a day or 2, but c'mon.....be disappointed and angry, but can we let this go please.

were they talking about the game on the radio?

Part of my issue is hearing over half the commercials and big screen announcements at the Big 12 Championship begin with "Attention Texas fans..." or "Texas fans, blah blah blah, here is something for you"... If Mack and whoever else wants to argue to have the game in Arlington every year, so be it-- but after hearing all of that all game, I'm going to find little stuff to nit-pick.

Osborn warned everyone about it. He said that everything would move to be Texas centric and that the north teams needed to guard against it, and that has not happened.

What? How and why are Texas schools getting more than the other schools. I thought it was split evenly between all 12 University's.

melscott:

I think that they were trying to discuss Suh/Heisman/recruiting.......but callers just wouldn't get off of the game. They seemed to be getting a little annoyed. They did mention the game, but it definately wasn't the purpose of the show....IMO

What? How and why are Texas schools getting more than the other schools. I thought it was split evenly between all 12 University's.

The tv money is split as follows.

50% gets split evenly between all 12 schools.

The other 50% is given out on an 'appearance' based system. The teams who play in the telivised game get a set amount based on which network it is on. ABC, then ESPN, FSN and VS.

Now given that the larger media markets are in the south, the games featuring the south teams are a bigger TV draw, and have much better odds of getting one of the better TV slots. Hence more money. Now while this doesn't effect NU that bad, to a place like ISU it just adds another hurdle to wining.

melscott:

I think that they were trying to discuss Suh/Heisman/recruiting.......but callers just wouldn't get off of the game. They seemed to be getting a little annoyed. They did mention the game, but it definately wasn't the purpose of the show....IMO

I think you see where I was going with that.... if you bring it up... its going to get talked about. I think this board represents some of the more vocal(trying to be gentle here) husker fans... and the fact that there isnt a thread on the first page about it aside from this one says a lot. I think most have moved on....some never will.

Part of my issue is hearing over half the commercials and big screen announcements at the Big 12 Championship begin with "Attention Texas fans..." or "Texas fans, blah blah blah, here is something for you"... If Mack and whoever else wants to argue to have the game in Arlington every year, so be it-- but after hearing all of that all game, I'm going to find little stuff to nit-pick.

I completely agree with this. I thought it was hilarious how they did the kiss cams during timeouts but they were "segregated" to each team. The first time was for Texas fans and showcased nothing but Texas fans kissing. Then during the next time out it was the Husker kiss cam. They showcased a handful of Husker fans kissing. Then as the timeout was almost over they switched over to one last couple kissing....sure enough it was 2 Texas fans. Now instead of realizing the mistake and QUICKLY switching/panning away from them....they just left them up there, even though it was the Husker kiss cam. I know this is petty but it is just another example.

Is your beef with Texas as in the state? Or Texas as in UT?

Last I checked, Austin is not a suburb of Dallas. It's a 3 hour trip to Austin from Dallas. 90 minutes to Baylor. 2.5 hours to A&M. 3 hours to Norman. 4 hours to Stillwater. 6 hours to Tech.

Hopefully you get the point: The University of Texas IS NOT in Dallas.

DFW has direct, non-stop flights to most of these markets. Kansas City DOES NOT. DFW is the home of MANY headquarters - not just the Big 12. Get over it.

The championship game being in Arlington is NOT a slight against Nebraska any more than it would be against any other team in the conference. NOTE: The University of Texas IS NOT in Arlington.

This is a WONDERFUL venue and if we are fortunate to get their most years, it will be HUGE for our Texas fan base, and HUGE for Texas and Oklahoma area recruiting.

I don't know much about all the TV revenue talk, but I'll take your word for it on that one. That's about the only sensible beef I've actually heard.