to continue a conversation from 2 years ago.....

melscott62

maybe his defensive prowess has become so powerful that he cannot control it from affecting every offense in the stadium... he's like an out of control defensive wizard, his spells are too powerful for even his own 'O' to overcome. :dunno

Maybe having the offense wear paper sacks over their heads would sheild them from the spell!

Look what he did With SUH in 2 years, Think about what it will be like when he has 2 let alone 3-11 SUH Caliber Players......

while i agree, I personally am thinking you don't see Suh caliber players all the time, might be like a once in a decade thing.

Yeah... Suh was a special case. But I agree, when the brothers Pelini get some of these high ceiling guys we are going to start seeing some ridiculous D. It's going to be so fun to watch.

maybe his defensive prowess has become so powerful that he cannot control it from affecting every offense in the stadium... he's like an out of control defensive wizard, his spells are too powerful for even his own 'O' to overcome. :dunno

I lol'd.

I think the offensive problems were a loss of skill position players and injuries/depth issues along the line. I'm not ready to run the coaches out of town because one bad year and will give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't want this to become a revolving door program for coaches.

I agree. Let's never fire anybody no matter how outrageously inept they perform. Success???......who needs it?

The PostOffice is what NU wants to become!!

I lol'd.

I think the offensive problems were a loss of skill position players and injuries/depth issues along the line. I'm not ready to run the coaches out of town because one bad year and will give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't want this to become a revolving door program for coaches.

I agree. Let's never fire anybody no matter how outrageously inept they perform. Success???......who needs it?

:yeah

Because there is no way that the talent we lost has anything to do with the lack of success. :sarcasm

I lol'd.

Uh....before dissing the post office, just remember that you can put a 44 cent stamp on an envelope and it will be across the country in a few days. (Try asking UPS or anybody else to do that for that price.) Actually, I want NU to be just like the post office and "deliver" on Saturdays, rain or shine. Even Bo can get in on the act, because after all, he DOES like going postal. I smell a commercial and a sponsorship.... :)

A struggling offense with "inexperienced" players for a year is one thing...

A struggling offense with "inexperienced" players for a year with no sign of improvement is something totally different. Name one player on the team who has gotten better as the year went on. Sure, you can maybe say Burkhead or Kinnie. Other than that, it seems like this offense has gotten worse as the season progressed.

The QBs definitely got worse, the o-line is still committing the same penalties and mistakes they did at the beginning of the year, and the WRs are still not in the right spot...not that it matters though, because they can't catch either.

I'm not feeling a whole lot of confidence in these offensive coaches for next year. They have shown me nothing.

A struggling offense with "inexperienced" players for a year with no sign of improvement is something totally different. Name one player on the team who has gotten better as the year went on. Sure, you can maybe say Burkhead or Kinnie. Other than that, it seems like this offense has gotten worse as the season progressed.

The QBs definitely got worse, the o-line is still committing the same penalties and mistakes they did at the beginning of the year, and the WRs are still not in the right spot...not that it matters though, because they can't catch either.

I'm not feeling a whole lot of confidence in these offensive coaches for next year. They have shown me nothing.

Hard to disagree with this.

The offensive line penalties started dwindling towards the end of the year and the line itself was banged up the entire year due to lack of depth. And yes, the offensive numbers dipped big time through the year, but thats in part because our coaches (Bo included) put the offense into a shell. I agree the QB play was horrible when either QB was inserted, but how can you expect an offense to get better when they weren't allowed to do anything?

sounds like you're describing the defense from just a couple years ago... remember what the Pelini boys did with their taped-together defensive bunch last year? that's what 'excellent' coaches can do. just sayin'...

The offensive line penalties started dwindling towards the end of the year and the line itself was banged up the entire year due to lack of depth. And yes, the offensive numbers dipped big time through the year, but thats in part because our coaches (Bo included) put the offense into a shell. I agree the QB play was horrible when either QB was inserted, but how can you expect an offense to get better when they weren't allowed to do anything?

They weren't allowed to do anything because they can't do anything. Three opportunities for Lee to throw it deep against Texas...three interceptions. How many dropped passes have we seen this year? Those didn't disappear as the year progressed, they are still very much a problem.

And no, the o-line penalties did not dwindle towards the end of the year. If I recall correctly, the o-line had three false start penalties in in a row against Texas. And we decided to run the ball later in the year.

This offense has gotten worse as the season progressed.

sounds like you're describing the defense from just a couple years ago... remember what the Pelini boys did with their taped-together defensive bunch last year? that's what 'excellent' coaches can do. just sayin'...

Yeah, but I don't see how this will help our offense. Our defensive coaches are far superior to our offensive coaches...it's not even close.

And our defense showed improvement last year; our offense has not shown any sign of improvement this year.

Where is this argument that the O-line was banged up all year coming from? I have been hearing this a LOT in the past week, but before that I had heard NOTHING about this.

Now I'm supposed to believe that so and so had a bad back, and this guy had a bum knee, and if only we had more depth they could have rested and every thing would have been just fine.

Oooookay, but aren't there always plenty of nicks and bruises on the O-line? Every year guys are beat up and playing through injury, especialy on the line. So why should this group get a pass, when other years they didn't?

Sorry if I sound like a jerk, but this seems like nothing but B.S. excuses to me, and are even more suspect because they are surfacing now and not earlier in the year. Maybe I'm wrong but injuries where NOT the problem with this O-line!

They weren't allowed to do anything because they can't do anything. Three opportunities for Lee to throw it deep against Texas...three interceptions. How many dropped passes have we seen this year? Those didn't disappear as the year progressed, they are still very much a problem.

And no, the o-line penalties did not dwindle towards the end of the year. If I recall correctly, the o-line had three false start penalties in in a row against Texas. And we decided to run the ball later in the year.

This offense has gotten worse as the season progressed.

Yeah, but I don't see how this will help our offense. Our defensive coaches are far superior to our offensive coaches...it's not even close.

And our defense showed improvement last year; our offense has not shown any sign of improvement this year.

exactly... you've again described the situation our defense was in under Coz. I've been on the fence for a long time (players/coaches?), but i'm now ready to say it's offensive coaching that's the problem. Bo's biggest head-coach hurdle now, is to figure out the overall coaching on the offensive side of the ball. imo.