SI's Best and Worst of the decade

No, the worst hire was really Ped...;)

True, but in actuality the idiot that started it all was the president Graham Spanier that took off to Penn State and hired Dollar Bill and left Osborne no chance of taking over AD duties. Why Dollar Bill did a lot for Nebraska I doubt Pederson would have ever got in the position to tear Nebraska down like he did.

The hiring of Rich Rodriquez at Michigan is on its way of knocking Billy C from this pedestal and IMO may have already. Worst season in school history and he is also responsible for stopping their bowl tradition. 8-16 (3-13 in conference) At least in his second year Billy C (13-10 & 7-9 in Conference) went to a Bowl and had a winning record.

The Big 12 Title Game performance by Suh is #2 on the Memorable Performance list right behind Vince Young in the 2006 Rose Bowl.

Paying Appalachian St. $400,000 to come to Ann Arbor to punk bitchslap the home team = Priceless

I'm constantly amazed at how ANY thread can get derailed with the mentioning of Pedey or Billy C. I know this one was started by a mention in the article of the topic, but do we really need to rehash all the same old arguments?

On a brighter note, I'm pleasantly surprised that Suh had the #2 performance. That performance by Vince Young against USC is the best individual effort I've ever seen at any level in football. All the performances in their top 10 are amazing.

I'm constantly amazed at how ANY thread can get derailed with the mentioning of Pedey or Billy C. I know this one was started by a mention in the article of the topic, but do we really need to rehash all the same old arguments?

Uh, you're shocked that a thread about an article where there segment he copied is about Bill Callahan being the worst hire has turned into a discussion about Bill Callahan being the worst hire?

You people make my f'ing day.

:rollin

On a brighter note, I'm pleasantly surprised that Suh had the #2 performance. That performance by Vince Young against USC is the best individual effort I've ever seen at any level in football. All the performances in their top 10 are amazing.

I knwo what you mean but lets face it, until all the BCers and BRBers can finally admit that BC sucked, it will always be that way. Thats all they hvae to do, just admit that he sucked, instead of always saying one of these things

"well, if BC could have just fired..."

or

"His record might not be good but I am glad that he took the offense into the 21st century..."

or

"If everyone wasnt against him from the start..."

No, look, stop it. He sucked, just say it. No excuses. The BCers and BRBers cant do that yet, thats why there is always fighting.

I don't think Suh had the number 2 performance, it's just listed that way. The writers probably just picked their best performances and threw them together in no particular order.

That said it's nice to see him mentioned, but just looking through the list reminded me of how amazing Bush's performance against Fresno was. 513 yards by a player that doesn't play QB is just amazing. No matter how much people say that Vince should have won the Heisman that year, they better not bring up the fact that Bush wasn't a deserving winner.

No, the worst hire was really Ped...;)

True, but in actuality the idiot that started it all was the president Graham Spanier that took off to Penn State and hired Dollar Bill and left Osborne no chance of taking over AD duties. Why Dollar Bill did a lot for Nebraska I doubt Pederson would have ever got in the position to tear Nebraska down like he did.

Yes, good point.

The Raiders quit on Callahan and were getting slaughtered everywhere. No wonder Pedey wanted him. :facepalm: