P.J. Smith

All the stars given to recruits are basically an effort to get you to spend $$$ on the raters sites. But by and large the bulk of most teams are 3 star players. How they are coached up makes the difference. Texas and USC are booked up solid with 5 star players. Texas played in it's first Big 12 cg in some 4 years and we all saw what USC just did. it's not an exact science.

[...] How they are coached up makes the difference. [...]

money quote right there, dude. the pelinis have shown that they can make decent players good (O’Hanlon) and good players great (SUUUUUH!)

mack brown has been in texas for nearly fifteen years and only has one national championship. remember, whornes nearly always get first pick of the local talent. if urban meyer were at texas and was using texas homegrown players, i guarantee that they would have at least five in that same time span.

the pelinis know how to coach. the blackshirts went from 112th in defense to 3rd in the span of two seasons. you can thank suh for a lot of that, but it was carl pelini who mentored suh and pushed him to produce numbers worthy of his potential.

nebraska will be national champions again. it's gonna take time, but it will happen.

[...] How they are coached up makes the difference. [...]

money quote right there, dude. the pelinis have shown that they can make decent players good (O’Hanlon) and good players great (SUUUUUH!)

mack brown has been in texas for nearly fifteen years and only has one national championship. remember, whornes nearly always get first pick of the local talent. if urban meyer were at texas and was using texas homegrown players, i guarantee that they would have at least five in that same time span.

the pelinis know how to coach. the blackshirts went from 112th in defense to 3rd in the span of two seasons. you can thank suh for a lot of that, but it was carl pelini who mentored suh and pushed him to produce numbers worthy of his potential.

nebraska will be national champions again. it's gonna take time, but it will happen.

I've already called it and said that the Pelini Administration will have us competing for a NC within the next 3 years. Therefore, 2012 at the latest. It's gonna be a Husker Armageddon in '12. :lol:

Exceptional interview. Good kid.

Depending on how Ashburn does I think we should try to get at least one player from JC in recruiting every year. A High School that just bleeds success on the football field. You want winners because the know how to win.

Great story about his brother, it's nice to see he has a driving force for his success and to keep his head on the level. I really want him to succeed now.

OK, just watched the video interview. May be my new favorite husker. What a "down to earth" young man, who handles himself well. Even apologized for saying "sucks"....wow...as a high school teacher, I would love if most of my students just said "sucks".

I hope he earns the starting job and becomes all-american

Exceptional interview. Good kid.

Depending on how Ashburn does I think we should try to get at least one player from JC in recruiting every year. A High School that just bleeds success on the football field. You want winners because the know how to win.

Great story about his brother, it's nice to see he has a driving force for his success and to keep his head on the level. I really want him to succeed now.

:yeah

This is what players should be like. I know not all huskers are going to be as humble or smart as people like P.J Smith or SUH even, but i would take these two guys anytime (anyone would take suh obviously) over Texas 'cream of the crop.'

Potential, brains and coaching have little to do with star ratings on the internet.