Blake Bell?

Rumor here around Kansas is that he may be a little upset that OU is going after Cameron Newton, and maybe looking at other schools. Like I said, this is just a rumor I heard, so I have no evidence. But if it is true, i definitely think we should go hard after this kid.

If that were possible it could turn this recruiting class from "above average" to GREAT. And if the kids is as good as I and many think he is he could do the same for our program.

I'm guessing Bo could get past the fact he has been committed to OU for months and thus there is some character flaw if he switches in the minds of many Husker faithful. <G>, I think we just might find a way to take him. Come on people we shouldn't act holier than thou. This staff wants the best kids they can find before or after they commit here or somehwere else. Recruiting is a game. We must play it smartly. Getting Bell would be a great start!

I would not be surprised if Gill gets him to go to Kansas. He can tell him that he can start right away. And toss the ball around under a head coach who knows a thing or two about being a qb. I would love to have this kid be N but if he goes anywhere i bet its Kansas.

So that's really happened, huh? Gill to Kansas?

:bang Sorry, I'm still not over this yet. Good for Turner, but man, is this going to be strange...

I would not be surprised if Gill gets him to go to Kansas.

I would be.

I wouldn't be surprised either for the fact that on offense we are not looking to pass the ball. Both teams will basically have new QB's. (neither of ours has become a proven passer) Gill has shown he loves to throw the ball. We have shown we want to become a ground clock control offense.

I would be.

I wouldn't be surprised either for the fact that on offense we are not looking to pass the ball. Both teams will basically have new QB's. (neither of ours has become a proven passer) Gill has shown he loves to throw the ball. We have shown we want to become a ground clock control offense.

I know. I can't wait until we go to the straight run offense. :sarcasm

I would be.

Not sure what Buffalo team you have watched but Turner doesn't run a pass happy spread O. He runs a balanced O with a lot of power run sets.

I would be.

Not sure what Buffalo team you have watched but Turner doesn't run a pass happy spread O. He runs a balanced O with a lot of power run sets.

:yeah

Can someone with some inside info give any credit to the rumor that he is looking around?

Rumor has it that Cam Newton might make his decision sometime this week, so Bell is probably waiting until that happens.

Snippet from today's edition of The Oklahoman:

NEWTON VISITS AUBURN

Quarterback Cameron Newton, the No. 1 junior-college recruit in the country, took an official visit to Auburn over the weekend.

The former Florida Gator is considering signing with the Sooners, whom he visited last weekend, as well as Auburn and Mississippi State.

Newton, who led Blinn College in Texas to the junior college national championship this season, could make a decision as early as this week.