Nubs

It's OK, we call teams KSUcks, sCUm, mechicken, gayhawks, texass, ... I'm actually grasping at what we call Mizzou fans, help me out here ...

MU fans= MizzLosers

It fits so well...

M-I-Z...

Z-O-U...

L-O-S-E-R...

(Sung to the tune of the Mickey Mouse Club theme.)

They even try to start it as a cheer at their games... But they are tone-deaf and most of them are unable to correctly spell loser, so they tend to stop before they are completely finished. ;)

The funniest part of all of that is how none of these guys who think it's funny to call us "nubs" comes around here anymore. It was all well and good in August to visit Huskerboard and talk a big game, but now that we've beaten all of the talkers, they've suddenly got better things to do.

And yes, I'm looking at you Kansas Fan and Missouri Fan. ;)

Okay people, the term Nubs as it pertains to Nebraska is the way most Nebraskans pronunciate Nebraska as in Nub-ras-ka. Hence the shortened word Nubs as in plural for Nubraskans.

:yeah

that is my understanding

Here's the real question that I've asked many of my MU/KU/KSU buddies and co-workers down here in KC:

"Do you really think it's an insulting moniker?"

I have never once felt offended by the term NUB. Most times, I'm just puzzled by the meaning.

I have never once felt offended by the term NUB. Most times, I'm just puzzled by the meaning.

I wondered that, too. I got called "Cracker" once when I was in East Palo Alto. Some guys hanging out in the parking lot of the store I came out of were just tossing stuff at the shoppers. I walked past them and they called me cracker, and I was like... Yeah? So?

Okay people, the term Nubs as it pertains to Nebraska is the way most Nebraskans pronunciate Nebraska as in Nub-ras-ka. Hence the shortened word Nubs as in plural for Nubraskans.

that is my understanding

Here's the real question that I've asked many of my MU/KU/KSU buddies and co-workers down here in KC:

I have never said it as an insult. Dont believe it is meant to be. I have used it when talking about a group of nebraska fans. Instead of saying the/those nebraska fans, i said nubs. Its kinda like the 'mizery' thing that 3/4th of the posters on here use. its pretty lame and not at all original if they are trying to use it as an insult.

But then again, most of you dont think i act like a "typical" MU fan. So I cant speak for all, but thats how my MU friends and I view it.

It's OK, we call teams KSUcks, sCUm, mechicken, gayhawks, texass, ... I'm actually grasping at what we call Mizzou fans, help me out here ...

MU fans= MizzLosers

It fits so well...

M-I-Z...

Z-O-U...

L-O-S-E-R...

(Sung to the tune of the Mickey Mouse Club theme.)

They even try to start it as a cheer at their games... But they are tone-deaf and most of them are unable to correctly spell loser, so they tend to stop before they are completely finished. ;)

You cant spell Mullet with out MU.

that is my understanding

thats what i was feeling, puzzled, never been offended or anything

that is my understanding

Do opposing fans think that KSUcks, sCUm and other monikers are insulting? Probably not, it is just a respect thing. It is representative of a mindset that your program is superior to the one you are referring to.