M.I.A: Menelik Holt

craigsker

He started dropping balls and just not producing, just like the rest of our receivers outside of Paul (and even then he was sketchy at times). The whole WR core had a bad year for various reasons.

This

When Lee isn't goofing the wr's are. Between the two our passing game went to crap. Paul is the only guy who's been a playmaker and none are really dependable.

Holt isn't a gamebreaker but he should've at-least been a good move-the-sticks that occasionally scores. Him disappearing hurt.

Every player has a peak potential. Holt never did peak for whatever reason. He has size, has made some good plays for us over the years, but never quite reached that level of consistency that we all hoped he would.

Midway through his SR season and he still isn't showing up big, it's time to start getting some younger guys experience and see what they can do. Building for the future.

Kinnie is starting to show up now that he is developing a feel/knowledge for the game. I think he is going to be our go to guy for the next two years. I really wish Bell wouldn't have played early in the year, he should have received his RS, hit the weight room hard, studied the game and came out in 2010 on a mission.

Coming into the season he was my favorite player on the team. I thought he would be a huge playmaker on the team and he did show that potential the 1st game on the year. I just wish he was thrown the ball more than twice a ball game, balls that are actually catchable and I also wish that the coaches would have given him another chance.

Coming into the season he was my favorite player on the team. I thought he would be a huge playmaker on the team and he did show that potential the 1st game on the year. I just wish he was thrown the ball more than twice a ball game, balls that are actually catchable and I also wish that the coaches would have given him another chance.

They gave him 3 and a half years to prove himself. It was time to give some others a chance, did Cooper and Kinnie not look better than Holt? I know Gilmore isn't the worlds best coach, but Holt had his chances and didn't take advantage.

he is riding the bench along with top recuits like Okafor and The 6-foot, 215-pound Gilleylen was dubbed in the preseason as NU's deep threat, the fastest of a group that returned minimal starting experience.

Through four games, he led the team in receiving yards, averaging almost 32 yards a catch as Nebraska stretched the field. Then he was sent to the bench and Watson's offense started to get worse every game until Texas the worst offensive showing in what 60 years. Give the offensive coach and his huge pay package a pat on the back and a raise!

he is riding the bench along with top recuits like Okafor and The 6-foot, 215-pound Gilleylen was dubbed in the preseason as NU's deep threat, the fastest of a group that returned minimal starting experience.

Through four games, he led the team in receiving yards, averaging almost 32 yards a catch as Nebraska stretched the field. Then he was sent to the bench and Watson's offense started to get worse every game until Texas the worst offensive showing in what 60 years. Give the offensive coach and his huge pay package a pat on the back and a raise!

None of it is on the players is it? It is all on the coaches. Did you ever think that maybe just maybe Holt, Gilleylen and Okafor just aren't that good? Gilleylen did all of his damage against the Sun Belt and couldn't do anything against anybody else. Same with Holt and Okafor can't beat out AJ Jones. End of story time to move on.

None of it is on the players is it? It is all on the coaches. Did you ever think that maybe just maybe Holt, Gilleylen and Okafor just aren't that good? Gilleylen did all of his damage against the Sun Belt and couldn't do anything against anybody else. Same with Holt and Okafor can't beat out AJ Jones. End of story time to move on.

Of course, they were good, but now, due to the great coaching they just are not good enough! Just like Dillard, not good!

Just like Suh and our defense who went from 107th to 9th with same players. Suh was really not that good until Bo coached him up!

Just blame the players, really? Not good enough, the tell me, why recuit them why give them scolarships. We have very poor coaching on offense unless your last name is Cotton!