SIGNED DT Kevin Williams

What is especially impressive is that he was so dominant and he's only 16. Not everybody can be a 4* but that kid should be.

Agree 100%, not only was he 16 and so dominant. But He was a nose tackle and still racked up 157 tackles and however many TFL.

So I stopped by ESPN's recruiting page just to see what they said and noticed that they have Kevin Williams as a potential 150 prospect while scout (their affiliate) has him as a 3 :star . This wouldn't bother me too much, but ESPN took Tyler Moore off of the ESPNU150 watchlist, but Scout has him listed as a 4 :star . Just another prime example of why I don't like looking at Scout rankings and :espnsucks: .

So I stopped by ESPN's recruiting page just to see what they said and noticed that they have Kevin Williams as a potential 150 prospect while scout (their affiliate) has him as a 3 :star . This wouldn't bother me too much, but ESPN took Tyler Moore off of the ESPNU150 watchlist, but Scout has him listed as a 4 :star . Just another prime example of why I don't like looking at Scout rankings and :espnsucks: .

The differences in sites are interesting. Look at last year. Harvey Jackson was a 4* on Scout, but only a 5.6-3* on Rivals. Bo and Carl offered him in 2008, so they saw him as an elite prospect. Mike Moudy was a 4* on Scout but a 5.7-3* on Rivals. During the Big Red Wrap-Up recruiting special, Jeremy Crabtree said that after watching the USA versus the world practices that Moudy was probably underrated. I think the best site for a particular recruit is whoever has him ranked higher :lol:

The differences in sites are interesting. Look at last year. Harvey Jackson was a 4* on Scout, but only a 5.6-3* on Rivals. Bo and Carl offered him in 2008, so they saw him as an elite prospect. Mike Moudy was a 4* on Scout but a 5.7-3* on Rivals. During the Big Red Wrap-Up recruiting special, Jeremy Crabtree said that after watching the USA versus the world practices that Moudy was probably underrated. I think the best site for a particular recruit is whoever has him ranked higher :lol:

When it comes to Nebraska commits you are correct! Whatever helps fluff our egos...

i'll tell you what.... our coaches sure do know how to find talent... they seem to find all the guys that slip through the cracks. Bo wasn't kiddin' when he said he recruited a class that is going to help us win a championship.... i'm willing to bet that the 2010/2011 classes will win us a championship, if not before then...

i'll tell you what.... our coaches sure do know how to find talent... they seem to find all the guys that slip through the cracks. Bo wasn't kiddin' when he said he recruited a class that is going to help us win a championship.... i'm willing to bet that the 2010/2011 classes will win us a championship, if not before then...

That is certainly an optimistic outlook. We really don't know how good any of Pelini's classes are going to be. The proof will happen on the field, and we just haven't seen enough to know yet.

IMO, Dennard, Gomes, Henry, and Burkhead have shown that they can be impact players. We have seen flashes from others, such as Kinnie and Meredith. The rest are largely unproven or are so green that they haven't shown much when they have gotten their chance (C. Green, Fisher, Compton, Bell). Only time will tell, but we certainly aren't the only ones with great coaches that know how to find talent; and quite frankly some of those great coaches are pulling in players that we really wanted but couldn't get.

• Fire 1

That is certainly an optimistic outlook. We really don't know how good any of Pelini's classes are going to be. The proof will happen on the field, and we just haven't seen enough to know yet.

IMO, Dennard, Gomes, Henry, and Burkhead have shown that they can be impact players. We have seen flashes from others, such as Kinnie and Meredith. The rest are largely unproven or are so green that they haven't shown much when they have gotten their chance (C. Green, Fisher, Compton, Bell). Only time will tell, but we certainly aren't the only ones with great coaches that know how to find talent; and quite frankly some of those great coaches are pulling in players that we really wanted but couldn't get.

Bingo. Some people thought Callahan's classes would win championships too. (Which could still happen I guess.)

Bingo. Some people thought Callahan's classes would win championships too. (Which could still happen I guess.)

But Callahan struggled to develop players, team chemistry, etc. But Pelini is really good at it.... and that in itself goes a long long way... I think Callahan's classes were quite possibly on paper better than Pelini's... but the difference is that Pelini knows how to develop these kids, build them, grow them, and turn them into a family. It's interesting to me that Callahan's recruits never seemed to go recruit other players... they oftentimes transfered, or deteriorated in their health while at the school. Some succeeded, but overall team chemistry and family was lacking. Players didn't trust each other, they showed up late to practice, and Suh has said that when he got there under Callahan, the team had a lot of clicks.

We're seeing recruits recruit, give the coaches film from kids they want to see come play to Nebraska... we see lots of current players loving the school... far less transfers... etc. etc. The overall passion for Nebraska football, team unity, accountability, work ethic, etc. is what leads me to believe we are on the verge of a Championship. Players are reaching out to new recruits and welcoming them in, kids are coming to compete and not to start as stars their freshmen year, it goes on and on. I'm not saying we will win a championship... but i'm saying that if we play to our full potential and mesh together there is a very very good chance we will be in one sometime in the near future.

• Fire 1

I'm not saying we won't win championships. There is a lot involved. Schedule and luck have a fairly big say into how things shake out in most years (unless you are 95 Nebraska and just heads and shoulders better than everyone else). Heck, girlknowsfootball's female intuition could be correct and the 2010-2011 classes could be chock full of future all-Americans. I don't know about everybody else, but I try to keep my expectations in check. I'm just happy that we have strung together a couple of 9 win seasons and a Big XII North championship and people are talking about us being a power again.

But Callahan struggled to develop players, team chemistry, etc. But Pelini is really good at it.... and that in itself goes a long long way... I think Callahan's classes were quite possibly on paper better than Pelini's... but the difference is that Pelini knows how to develop these kids, build them, grow them, and turn them into a family. It's interesting to me that Callahan's recruits never seemed to go recruit other players... they oftentimes transfered, or deteriorated in their health while at the school. Some succeeded, but overall team chemistry and family was lacking. Players didn't trust each other, they showed up late to practice, and Suh has said that when he got there under Callahan, the team had a lot of clicks.

We're seeing recruits recruit, give the coaches film from kids they want to see come play to Nebraska... we see lots of current players loving the school... far less transfers... etc. etc. The overall passion for Nebraska football, team unity, accountability, work ethic, etc. is what leads me to believe we are on the verge of a Championship. Players are reaching out to new recruits and welcoming them in, kids are coming to compete and not to start as stars their freshmen year, it goes on and on. I'm not saying we will win a championship... but i'm saying that if we play to our full potential and mesh together there is a very very good chance we will be in one sometime in the near future.

Calm down. Wait and see. There is nothing but potential at the moment . . . none of these kids have proven a damn thing at the college level. Will some pan out? Probably. Will some be busts? Probably.

Note that your post said that Pelini is great at finding talent and now you are changing the argument to Pelini is great at developing talent.

And you'd be wrong about Callahan's players not going out to recruit other players. They did do that. Blaine Gabbert stands out as one in particular who recruited very hard for Nebraska.

It's amazing what a 9 and 10 win season can do to foster a passion for the school. Winning fixes almost everything.

Harrison Beck and Blaine Gabbert are the two biggest recruiting recruits that I remember in quite some time. As for the reason kids are committing, I'm not sure it is any different than under Callahan. I would guess many of our young recruits still come in with NFL aspirations and their eye on early playing time. I don't think they are promised this though, so when it doesn't pan out they don't feel like they were sold a bill of false goods. I agree that team unity appears to be as strong as it's been in quite a while, and I think that kid's attitudes can be molded by the coaches and the players around them to fit in with the family. As for tranfers, we have seen a lot of players from 2008 leave, but that isn't incredibly surprising with a transition class. One important aspect is that in our recent classes we aren't losing out on those last minute decommitments and non-qualifiers have been minimalized.