SIGNED DT Kevin Williams

Not exactly Kevin Williams news but his HS coach, Vince Marrow, who was instrumental in influencing Kevin to take a serious look at Nebraska. Anyway, I just found out that Mr. Marrow will be the TE coach for the new UFL team in Omaha. His name is listed on the staff roster.

I wonder how Kevin feels about this? Marrow was the reason why Kevin transferred to Springfield HS last year. He played for a different HS his Frosh & Soph. years. Now Marrow won't be there for his Senior year. At least Marrow will be geographically closer to Kevin once he makes it to campus in January 2011. Perhaps Marrow can catch a few NU home games while he's here?

It won't change KW's decision. This kid is enamored with NU. It's not like KW is going to flip-flop to UNO to be closer to coach. If anything, it is a good thing, as this should hopefully make it easier for him to stay in contact with his old coach.

It's amazing what a 9 and 10 win season can do to foster a passion for the school. Winning fixes almost everything.

i think you've got those things backwards, it was the coaches' stoking of passion and belief in the kids that allowed those winning seasons, not vice versa.

It's a chicken or the egg scenario. A school coming off a ten win season is more attractive to recruits who might be otherwise unfamiliar with the school. You are correct that those wins are a result of coaching. My "winning fixes almost everything" comment was in regards to a school being attractive to recruits that might otherwise not even consider NU.

absolutely. the team's morale and family atmosphere will certainly help land these kids, but for a school like NU, it all stems from our reputation for being a winning program. it's a darn good thing bo is giving that back to us, as it has always been our trump card.

Williams isn't going to be a 4 :star when the rest of the rankings come out...... :facepalm:

Curious why you say this? Just because he isn't in the Rivals 250?

I think WV means initially he won't be. I could be wrong, but I do know he's a Rivals premium member.

we're not doing so well with these rivals rankings

Rivals rankings don't mean anything when compared to their offer list.

I am aware of this, it's just interesting to look at. most of them just don't make sense to me..

His rivals offer list doesn't have a lot of top-tier teams on it. Some solid teams, but nothing flashy. I think his ranking goes pretty well with his rivals offer list. Of course we all know he's much better :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2:

while i was expecting a 4 for this kid based on what i've seen and heard its fine that he is a 5.7 guy......... i think he's a kid who will rise up and the ranking isn't indicative of what this kid can do... just imagine all the rest of the college around the guys bitching too right now about their recruits.......

its bound to happen... sure it helps rivals too

:koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: