urban meyer deserting sinking ship?

rcruter

have seen a couple of stories that there is a bigtime investigation of dirty dealings at FL and that is what is driving this leave of absence. mentions of death penalty popping up. have no idea myself, anyone here heard anything or have more specifics? Is this the stress that has made a real hrt condition turn worse?

There are some pretty unsavory things you could find in just about every program across the country. The NCAA isn't going to inflict the death penalty on a cash-cow program like Florida, or USC, or Nebraska or Notre Dame.

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't more to this story, though. There is no way Urban Meyer is under more stress than just about any D1 coach out there. Maybe he handles it differently and that's causing a problem, but bottom line is, it's a stressful job for everyone holding the HC title. I would bet there would be something for a good investigative reporter to find in this situation. Too bad there aren't many of them out there anymore.

When the news broke, my wife's first comment was, "I bet he did something illegal." I think the reason why so many people might feel this way is b/c he is at the top and it came as a huge surprise. As noted above, is USC can get away with anything, even though there is pretty good evidence, I would not be one bit surprised if the NCAA looked the other way.

I think saying that Florida will receive the Death Penalty is way off base and way to extreme, but the possibility of Florida being in trouble isn't crazy. It has kind of gone unnoticed since the poster boy of Florida is such a clean good person, but I believe Florida has the most players arrested over the last couple of years.