When will the pain end?

It just bugs me that all some want to talk about is the past.

Yea it hurt, but water under the bridge.

We have a very important game coming tomorrow and no one really seems interested in it.

Seems very few from the board are going to the game.

I would rather see us talking about how we beat Arizona, than why we lost to Texas.

Probably because it's Arizona

I actually just got home from Cracker Barrell to meet my parents (both Broncos fans). I went in my Nebraska stuff as usual and showed up early so I waited for them outside the resteraunt.

Suddenly I became aware that there were a TON of Texas A&M fans all over the place. The few that walked past me stopped and said hi... I grinned and greeted them back. One old lady in A&M garb stopped and pointed at my Husker jacket and said "I love you guys and we'll be rootin' for you!" I told her that I'm sorry for their loss but A&M will be very good next year.

A couple of Longhorns fans walked right past me with their heads down. I was looking right at them. One of them looked up and kind of smirked at me... I held up one finger and said "one second" as he walked past me. He said nothing, put his head down and kept walking. I turned and watched him walk past and I'm sure he felt my eyes.

It felt pretty good to be a Husker. And then my parents arrived with all their Denver Bronco stuff on. We hugged and made commotion outside the resteraunt in front of the A&M fans. :lol:

A couple of Longhorns fans walked right past me with their heads down. I was looking right at them. One of them looked up and kind of smirked at me... I held up one finger and said "one second" as he walked past me.

Which finger did you hold up? :)

I wonder if it's the same one I would have. :cowbell:

We have a very important game coming tomorrow and no one really seems interested in it.

If you ask me it is because some of the Husker Nation seems to think that we are above playing a team like Arizona in the Holiday Bowl, which I don’t understand. Is it because we almost beat Texas? :dunno For some reason playing in the Gator Bowl against Clemson last year had people more interested and it was actually a worse bowl against a worse opponent.

Seems very few from the board are going to the game.

This is understandable and I don’t think it has to do with who we are playing. I believe some used their travel funds on the Big 12 Title game.

Some seem to forget that this Arizona team is as close to being in the Rose Bowl as we were in the Fiesta.

This is a great match up. Could help recruiting and a great kick off for next season.

I understand that it is a long trip, but it is to sunny San Diego.

Hope some of you show up.

I will be there screaming my lungs out. Should be a nice day tomorrow and a little chilly to in the evening.

Can hardly wait.

A couple of Longhorns fans walked right past me with their heads down. I was looking right at them. One of them looked up and kind of smirked at me... I held up one finger and said "one second" as he walked past me.

Which finger did you hold up? :)

I wonder if it's the same one I would have. :cowbell:

My index finger. I promised to stay out of jail next year. :lol:

My parents are Bronco-Buffaloes. Here they are in Kansas City, laughing as the Broncos wallop the Chiefs.

parents.png

A&M got jobbed with the clock at the end of the half, but the way they played the second half of the game, it didn't really matter.

I sympathize with those of you who equate this to the ripping off of a scab to let a wound fester some more. The pain seems so familiar.

BTW, I am looking forward to your game tonight with 'zona. I hope the disappointment I see expressed in some threads here by Neb fans isn't shared by the team. I'd hate for this to be your equivalent of our 2003 Holiday Bowl vs. WSU.

But I do believe the NCAA as well as the individual conferences need to clarify this rule once and for all instead of leaving it to the official's discretion.

For all you people who just follow the crowd and say "nothing can be done" I'd like you to reread the quote above. That's what can be done.

Again, ANOTHER SECOND rolls off the clock today in the OSU vs Mississippi game... Robinson fumbled and it was recovered, I look at the clock and see it roll from 0:02 to 0:01 when the whistle was blown. It was recovered around the 30 yard line of OSU - definitely in range of a FG attempt... (to maybe go up 10-0).

It's getting ridiculous how many times I see it happen now and not a word is said about it. The rule needs to be clarified, as a sport we need to learn from our mistakes and make the game better and run cleaner. If we don't then what's the point watching knowing a team can just get screwed in the end b/c the refs were told their jobs depend on it?

The way I look at it is things happen for a reason. It took a miracle for Texas to win and they got it. While history makes us smile it is exactly what it is. History. (I once told a history teacher that he spent to much time in the past!!) Regardless of the outcome of that game the Huskers got one thing whether with a win or a loss, national respect. It reminds me of the Florida State loss back in 93. It propelled the Huskers into greater things. I look for something similar next season. Without the Iowa State loss we may have not beaten the Sooners. But all of that is history. What we have now is the future with it's anticipation, confidence, swagger and a sense of unfinished business. It is nice to point towards the 2010 season as a potential breakout type of year but to actually be on it's threshold with even more confidence that it will be....... :hellloooo October 16th in Lincoln.

Standing in that stadium seeing this unfold. Seeing the refs run off the field after the game like their asses were on fire. Dealing with all the smirking UT fans on the way back to the car. Seeing some inbred yocals screaming insults at us. " How long does it take to beat Nebraska..?? One second"

Nope probably never forget the hose job done that night , but I will not dwell constantly about it because we have a hell of a team, and coaching staff.

The future is extremely bright fellow Huskers.

There is no way the returning players "move on" from that 00:01. They're going to remember that situation, those decisions, and their failures that led to that circumstance, and they're going to use that as fuel for their off season workouts. They're going to come in to the 2010 season with fire in their hearts and they're going to work very hard to get back to the Big XII Championship, and when they do, I doubt it comes down to another ref's decision. I'm guessing they take care of business and leave no doubt who the champs are.

Move on. Pshhhh. :rolleyes:

What does not kill you only makes you stronger.

We destroyed Arizona, because of that game, no question in my mind. Nebraska will be a much more dedicated team because of that Texas loss. Bo will never let them forget it. He will never forget, so some things even though they hurt very badly are better for us down the road.

We have had very little luck in things like this. Time will change, the first step has been taken with the destruciton of Arizona.

Make it a positive my young grasshoppers.