So... Do we root for Texas?

This is getting out of control. How obsessed with their image can you be when we lost to Idiot State AT HOME and got the living crap beat out of us by Texas Tech?

What's next-a Texas win over Bama and 7 months of crying that we were 1 second away from being the best team in the country?????

I can understand rooting for anyone from your conference, but this "making us look better" stuff is comical.

Give the state and all their blowhard moron fans back to Mexico.

Guess the main difference is some here hate every team that does not have an N on the side of it.

I don't. I enjoy darned near every team I get to go see. I take positives from playing others and enjoy their tradtions and gimmicks.

I have been to many Texas games, several of their bowl games. Would support them no matter who they were playing in a Bowl game, but I would Colorado, and KState and Missouri.

You guys love Nebraska football, no problem there, but I love college football period. I can support another team as long as they are not playing Nebraska, but if we have to lose I can handle certain teams beating us better than others.

But I am a lot older than most of you, life is to short to have hate in it. Take the good out of everything you encounter, life is much more fun then.

Guess the main difference is some here hate every team that does not have an N on the side of it.

I don't. I enjoy darned near every team I get to go see. I take positives from playing others and enjoy their tradtions and gimmicks.

I have been to many Texas games, several of their bowl games. Would support them no matter who they were playing in a Bowl game, but I would Colorado, and KState and Missouri.

You guys love Nebraska football, no problem there, but I love college football period. I can support another team as long as they are not playing Nebraska, but if we have to lose I can handle certain teams beating us better than others.

But I am a lot older than most of you, life is to short to have hate in it. Take the good out of everything you encounter, life is much more fun then.

i would take a lot of good out of seeing UT getting beating like a rented mule. 'BAMA rolled UF, and people are still talking about how great they are and they are only talking about their bowl game.

Also, i am just worried that if UT plays well, then we will be in competition with aTm for preseason no. 1 because they played texas so well without a defense.

I grew up hating Bear Bryant/Alabama...'Specially after Osborne got mad at the Bear publicly for avoiding us in the bowls (He was a master at Bowl manipulation even in the '70s).

I've since learned not to hate...(Even after I lived in Austin for two grueling months)...But...

I hope Texass beats Alabama so bad that no SEC teams finish in the top-10 and we end up #2..

(I can dream, can't I?)

<_< I have mixed feelings, because Texas does NOT deserve to be playing for the NC. But I do realize that if they look good, it improves others view of us, even though we are nothing like Alabama, and it is two totally different games at different times.

I will probably go ahead and root for Texas, just so we can have the chance to beat the NC next year on the field...even though they won't be the same teams either. But we do have to support our conference, too. I just don't think Texas should be playing for the NC...and I think there definitely were other teams that were more deserving, some even with the 1 loss.

Also, i am just worried that if UT plays well, then we will be in competition with aTm for preseason no. 1 because they played texas so well without a defense.

Laughable.

BTW, Kirk Bohls, Austin American Statesman columnist and AP voter mentioned that he thought Nebraska was likely preseason top 10 material.

Why is this thread in the Husker football section? Mods, please move immediately :sarcasm

I just hope it's a good game and Texas doesn't get embarrassed!! I have a feeling that with all the time they have had to prepare for this game and the wake up call the received in the CCG from Nebraska that they'll be ready to play. Maybe that and my cheering will be enough!! The Horns better hope so!!

Laughable.

BTW, Kirk Bohls, Austin American Statesman columnist and AP voter mentioned that he thought Nebraska was likely preseason top 10 material.

i am glad you found it laughable because it was supposed to be funny, i was being sarcastic.

I grew up hating Bear Bryant/Alabama...'Specially after Osborne got mad at the Bear publicly for avoiding us in the bowls (He was a master at Bowl manipulation even in the '70s).

I've since learned not to hate...(Even after I lived in Austin for two grueling months)...But...

I hope Texass beats Alabama so bad that no SEC teams finish in the top-10 and we end up #2..

(I can dream, can't I?)

:yeah f#*k 'bama. Last time I favored them in a game was when someone needed to beat Miami.

I've heard that from several people commenting in several bowl games. It's odd how Nebraska gets mentioned in the TCU/Boise game, but that's what having a Heisman candidate does for you, I guess.

I'm cool with any ranking from 5-20 next year. We certainly don't belong in the top five or outside the top twenty. We could be top five material if our offense resurrects itself. If our defense is even close to as good as it was this year (and our coaches say we'll be better) and our offense plays competently, we'll be a force to be reckoned with next season. If our offense somehow miraculously becomes good, we'll be a tough team to beat by anyone in the country.