Could Bama score double digits against Nebraska?

JTrain

Alabama's D would cause a whole different set of problems for our offense than we have seen all year. They are not as sound as our D, but they are complete wrecking balls. That alone would change our usual tempo, pace of game. Watson could gimmick for a month, but it wouldnt help our sad sack line and small skill players. I see us being close at half, and holding them to waaayyy less points than Texas, but that brute of a running back, coupled with the speedster who is more of a load than anyone we've seen all year... and the entire team built to just smash downhill...some things would start giving. I dont think our O could give our D enough breaks, let alone limit mistakes. We have a really good, national championship D. They have one too...and an offense built to dominate games. We're simply not on the same page yet. Frankly, they are we're I'd like to see us be. I was scratching my head at Bama taking their foot off of the whorns neck for awhile in the 2nd half.

17 - 9 Bama would be my guess, and I feel a kool-aid thirst saying it. They'd definitely feel differently afterwards though than they do now from Texas.

I think they can. Mark Ingram and their O, not the kind of style we've been seeing our D flourish against all year. Our D makes plays, harasses QBs, etc. But Ingram just pounds it out and they find ways to run on you. They don't rely on passing necessarily...But then again, I think we'd be very much in the game. I just see it as they likely put up as much points as anyone in the nation can.

By the way, Kansas put 17 on us and Colorado put 20. Well, 13.

are you talking about a Defense of ours thats been built to stop the spread?

Who are you gunna put at LB besides Phil Dillard? or are you just gunna say the hell with it and run that 4-1-6 we've been runnin most of the year?

Think about what the matchups would be. Bama would beat us, oh i would say something like 24 - 6. Our offense wouldn't be able to keep drives alive to let our defense rest. This is me being optimistic. Alabama is really really good on both sides of the ball.

If we were this good, then we wouldn't have lost to ISU, VT, UT, and TTU.

You make a good point. Our 4-3 isn't well-tested. But Dillard was very good, especially later in the year, so I think him and the four linemen could do well against Ingram, even if our other backers weren't doing much. Plus, our safeties have both looked pretty good coming up against the run. I don't think McElroy could do much to hurt us... we might even bait him into a pick or two. And if we opened up the offense a little, we could at least get 2-3 scores against them I think, based on what we did against a pretty solid Zona D, and what a true freshman did against them tonight.

I think it would be much closer than 24-6. If I'm being completely objective, maybe Bama wins 16-13. Or maybe we win 13-10 if we get a pick. I don't see them stomping us at all, unless Lee went into a major psychological slump again.

If I had to make a prediction, I'd have to say Bama takes this one 27-16. It'd be kept close for a while so the final score could be a bit misleading, but their O would grind away at us and get some points, and then before the game was over - maybe in the last 10 minutes or so - win the battle of the wills and be able to put up some more points just to ice the game. I'm thinking it'd probably be 17-16 for a while...then 20-16...then things open up more and we make some mistakes, and Bama ices the cake. We'd give them a lot to handle, and they would struggle to score, as would we. We'd get some opportunities, get 3 points from some of them, 7 points once. It'd be one heck of a game.

Alabama would score between 10-20 points on us. They're a solid offense, make no mistake.

The fact that we ran a 4-1-6 a lot of times doesn't mean we can't play a more traditional defense. We played defense the way we needed to in order to win those games. We have the coaches and personnel to be flexible on defense.

I would say the would put up 28. I don't think we have the linebackers to stop the Alabama run game. We wouldn't have a problem early but the defense wouldn't get enough rest and they would pull away in the 4th. If our offense could move the ball and control the clock I say they put up 14. Holding anyone to under 10 points is very very hard.

I would say the would put up 28. I don't think we have the linebackers to stop the Alabama run game. We wouldn't have a problem early but the defense wouldn't get enough rest and they would pull away in the 4th. If our offense could move the ball and control the clock I say they put up 14. Holding anyone to under 10 points is very very hard.

Look at how many points some people were saying Texas was going to score and now some people are guessing Alabama could put 20 plus points on us?

Does anyone not want to give our defense any credit?

If we played well defensively Alabama does not score 21, 25, 28 or whatever points on our defense.

Crazy talk.

The game last night showed a couple of things. First, Saban tried to lose this game on the first possession. Texas had all the momentum, but couldn't do squat. Colt gets hurt. Then Mack pulls his typical DA move late in the half all but securing the game for Bama. Bama went on cruise control the second half until with about 5 minutes left in the game. Their offense was very vanilla. It looked like they were just simply trying to cruise to killing the clock. It looked like they just kind of laid back taking their foot off the pedal.

I do have a question about Texas. Their backup QB is a true freshman. What was their plan of attack had Colt gone pro last year?

Look at how many points some people were saying Texas was going to score and now some people are guessing Alabama could put 20 plus points on us?

Does anyone not want to give our defense any credit?

If we played well defensively Alabama does not score 21, 25, 28 or whatever points on our defense.

Crazy talk.

Alabama doesn't run the spread, they run the football and you need linebackers to stop the run. Phillip Dillard is great but, our other linebackers don't have the experience. We didn't play any team all year who can run the football like Alabama. I don't think its so much about our defense but about our offense not being able to sustain drives and get the defense the rest they would need. Texas had the number one rushing defense and they had 205 yards put on them.