Is Doc the right guy??

I want to first start off by saying that I am an avid Husker Hoops fan that doesn't jump on and off the bandwagon. I have been a season ticket holder now for a couple of years and have always liked the way the team has hustled and kept us close in bigger games. After the Iowa State game though tonight, I am finally starting to second guess what we have with Doc Sadler. It was embarrassing some of the coaching moves he made tonight, and he even admitted to them. But after some thinking, our basketball problems go far deeper than just this game. For some reason, we rarely can keep a kid on the team for 4 years, and they aren't leaving for the NBA!!! I'm just getting really frustrated with where this program is heading. How do we get some decent recruits?? K-State can do it! The good recruits we do get seem to always have a clearinghouse problems (Sallie). All of our other recruits seem to have to come from outside the United States!!

I guess what I am trying to find out is if people really think that Doc Sadler is the right man for our program or has he started to lose some faithful followers???

I want to first start off by saying that I am an avid Husker Hoops fan that doesn't jump on and off the bandwagon. I have been a season ticket holder now for a couple of years and have always liked the way the team has hustled and kept us close in bigger games. After the Iowa State game though tonight, I am finally starting to second guess what we have with Doc Sadler. It was embarrassing some of the coaching moves he made tonight, and he even admitted to them. But after some thinking, our basketball problems go far deeper than just this game. For some reason, we rarely can keep a kid on the team for 4 years, and they aren't leaving for the NBA!!! I'm just getting really frustrated with where this program is heading. How do we get some decent recruits?? K-State can do it! The good recruits we do get seem to always have a clearinghouse problems (Sallie). All of our other recruits seem to have to come from outside the United States!!

I guess what I am trying to find out is if people really think that Doc Sadler is the right man for our program or has he started to lose some faithful followers???

Did you go to the game tonight? If so was it as ugly as I think it was because I didn't get to see it.

Anyway lately I have asked myself the same question. Don't get me wrong I love Doc and his attitude but it seems to me that he makes a lot of mistakes coaching wise. I am not a big fan of his offensive schemes which really never work, just ends in throwing up a bad shot or a big man trying to post up but gets the ball knocked out of his hands before he can shoot. The one thing that really irrates me is how he subs the players. He pulls players out when their hot, creates mismatches favoring the other team, and puts in players that don't fit his defensive schemes.

Also unless Eshaunte Jones is hurt or sick he should have played tonight, especially the last few minutes of the game. Could have really used his shooting abilities to lift the team up.

I to follow big red basketball and was so disgusted last night.

1. How can 2 guys that don't play a second in the KU game start last night?

2. Doc's practices are way to hard and players are hurt every year because of

it and that is why we cant keep the kids here for 4 years.

I think Doc better change his coaching ways if not then it's time for

him to go.

Isn't Lincoln like a black hole for Basketball? Seriously, good coaches (Barry Collier) come in and nothing ever changes. IMO it's attitude of being satisfied with a few big wins every now and then, held by the fans and the University. Research the posts for the Kansas game and one poster added that the Husker's being up by one at half was like a win. Low expectations held by us will make any coach gravitate towards mediocrity.

him to go.

Doc's practices are not "too hard." Players love Doc, that isnt the reason they arent sticking around. I can say this with full confidence, as my cousin played for him.

Doc is fine. Im not happy with how Big 12 play has started out, but come on, this team is still 12-6 at the moment. Geesh. Its Nebraska Basketball. Say that out loud, "Nebraska Basketball." Everything will be okay.

him to go.

Doc's practices are not "too hard." Players love Doc, that isnt the reason they arent sticking around. I can say this with full confidence, as my cousin played for him.

Doc is fine. Im not happy with how Big 12 play has started out, but come on, this team is still 12-6 at the moment. Geesh. Its Nebraska Basketball. Say that out loud, "Nebraska Basketball." Everything will be okay.

Yes,but thats what we said about womens basketball for years about being a joke. Now look where theyre at..

him to go.

Yes,but thats what we said about womens basketball for years about being a joke. Now look where theyre at..

WHile I am thrilled about the women's basketball program, I'm gonna wait to make sure they finish strong and keep it up next year before I pronounce a turnaround.

him to go.

This team is 12-6 because we play NOBODY in our non-conference schedule! Chicago St., Alabama A&M.....give me a break!!! I know you are saying that its "Nebraska Basketball", but why should we hold low expectations for this program???? We were a pretty consistent team back in the early to mid-90's, so obviously it can be done. Also, look at K-State. They were NEVER good until Huggins got there. He is obviously gone now, but the attitude and expectations there have increased and look where they are now! Don't hold this team to a different standard than we do for any other Husker teams!!!

12-6 in basketball is still 12-6, no matter what the names of the schools are. You conveniently leave out teams such as Oregon State, and USC, and TCU...all wins. There's a lot of schools out there with a losing record, with only 2 or 3 wins, regardless of competition. I will hold them to a different standard, because im realistic. Dont hold them to a standard they are not capable of reaching. Its not fair to yourself and its not fair to the team. Doc has made this team better every year. Maybe its only been 1 game better in Big 12 play the last couple years, but its progress. Patience is key here I think. Nebraska basketball doesnt have a Tom Osborne or tradition to make a quick turn-around and run to greatness.

That, and what do you do if you get rid of Doc? Its nice to have high standards and want the best and all, but lets be honest here, we arent going to get anyone better. No one is going to line up for this job...and how long are you going to give the next guy anyways? How long before you are asking the same questions of him? i think if you want the best for this team, you give Doc some rope. As much as he needs.

That, and what do you do if you get rid of Doc? Its nice to have high standards and want the best and all, but lets be honest here, we arent going to get anyone better. No one is going to line up for this job...and how long are you going to give the next guy anyways? How long before you are asking the same questions of him? i think if you want the best for this team, you give Doc some rope. As much as he needs.

I don't know how to put the "Yeah That|" Icon in, but Yeah That. Some rope and a new venue

12-6 in basketball is still 12-6, no matter what the names of the schools are. You conveniently leave out teams such as Oregon State, and USC, and TCU...all wins. There's a lot of schools out there with a losing record, with only 2 or 3 wins, regardless of competition. I will hold them to a different standard, because im realistic. Dont hold them to a standard they are not capable of reaching. Its not fair to yourself and its not fair to the team. Doc has made this team better every year. Maybe its only been 1 game better in Big 12 play the last couple years, but its progress. Patience is key here I think. Nebraska basketball doesnt have a Tom Osborne or tradition to make a quick turn-around and run to greatness.

thats not realistic though. we have just as many recources as these other teams that are playing well.....so there is no reason that we cant be as good as MU or KSU.