Chris Williams

as a farmer, all this talk of weed has me contemplating herbicide application choices for the coming spring. Glyphosate isnt getting any cheaper.

All I need to know is that whatever he did, did not make Bo happy, and didnt earn him a second chance. We can all read between the lines. However, this is an internet message board, dont act surprised and outraged when what you come here to get, is here.

Losing Chris Williams sucks...but if a kid doesn't have his head in the game and the books and is more focused on doing drugs, he's doing more damage to the team as a whole.

I don't know if this is true, but if it is...good riddance.

If that is your stance, then I guess you would have rather seen the early 80's teams, that played for two national championships, go 8-3 each year without some of their best players.

I would have. Lombardi was dead on when he said it's not about winning, and ultimately, it's not. Most importantly, it's about doing things the right way, and turning these kids into responsible, decent human beings.

I would have. Lombardi was dead on when he said it's not about winning, and ultimately, it's not. Most importantly, it's about doing things the right way, and turning these kids into responsible, decent human beings.

Lombardi schmombardi! It's etched into the stone on the side of our stadium!

It continues to astound me how many people have no idea what those phrases mean.

Not the Victory but the Action;

Not the Goal but the Game;

In the Deed the Glory.

It's not about doing whatever you have to do to win. It's not even about winning. It's about the pure pursuit of athletics, and through that, making better men and women.

You're wasting your breath, Landlord. If people don't know this by now, they're trying not to know.

Lombardi schmombardi! It's etched into the stone on the side of our stadium!

It continues to astound me how many people have no idea what those phrases mean.

Not the Victory but the Action;

Not the Goal but the Game;

In the Deed the Glory.

It's not about doing whatever you have to do to win. It's not even about winning. It's about the pure pursuit of athletics, and through that, making better men and women.

You're wasting your breath, Landlord. If people don't know this by now, they're trying not to know.

In post #27, you admitted to doing the same exact thing. But, you would have liked to see guys booted off for smoking pot? Please clarify.

In post #27, you admitted to doing the same exact thing. But, you would have liked to see guys booted off for smoking pot? Please clarify.

I wasn't given a free education. There's a huge difference in standards between scholarship athletes and students in general. One generic student smoking pot doesn't reflect on the whole university. One scholarship athlete does.

You mean something like this... Granted it's Javarrio, but seems like a trend to me

Eh. That could just be a hookah and tobacco. When I was at UNL a few years ago that was surprisingly popular.

(it probably is exactly what you think it is . . . but we'd be jumping to conclusions.)

Wearing sunglasses inside while smoking doesn't necessarily mean anything, but...

I wasn't given a free education. There's a huge difference in standards between scholarship athletes and students in general. One generic student smoking pot doesn't reflect on the whole university. One scholarship athlete does.

[/quote

Ok. I assumed maybe you thought I was alluding to harder stuff or steroids (although I think some of that was going on then, but a different story). I do find it odd, however, that you wouldn't want to win football games with pot smokers on the team although it was alright for you to do.

As for Lombardi, easy for him to say, given his team's success on the field. I bet the current head coaches of the Rams and Lions would take crackheads if they helped win on Sunday.

[/quote

Ok. I assumed maybe you thought I was alluding to harder stuff or steroids (although I think some of that was going on then, but a different story). I do find it odd, however, that you wouldn't want to win football games with pot smokers on the team although it was alright for you to do.

As for Lombardi, easy for him to say, given his team's success on the field. I bet the current head coaches of the Rams and Lions would take crackheads if they helped win on Sunday.

that guy in the pic looked like he was smoking a hooka or however you spell it.... not really used for the herbal meditiation..... just the sheesha baccer....yummy yummy

as for chris.... tis a shame that smoking the buds (i assume) got in his way

looking at it from a big time hawaii boy ex. stoner smoking pot really fuct me up in sports and i never performed well but i wasn't going pro in water polo any time soon either..... just the lazy factor seems to be the exact opposite of what you need.. and i dont think blazing in practice or whatever gives you some sort of edge... in fact it would plain suck...

so i guess the guy just liked to burn..... oh well big deal to me but i know its not to a lot of people

sorry he chose pot over football but i know at a program with the rep like nebraska you have to be consistent.....

You mean something like this... Granted it's Javarrio, but seems like a trend to me

Eh. That could just be a hookah and tobacco. When I was at UNL a few years ago that was surprisingly popular.

(it probably is exactly what you think it is . . . but we'd be jumping to conclusions.)

Wearing sunglasses inside while smoking doesn't necessarily mean anything, but...

Hit up Dillingers or the Downtown . . . half the guys are wearing sunglasses even though it is inside at night. Not to mention the pictures look like he was posing . . .

So...

Since we've jumped to the conclusion that he smoked pot...

Would your feelings change if pot were now legal?

(And would it be against a team rule?).

I'm on the fence with this one, but I've only tried pot a couple of times with no effect...(That's what I get for trying to smoke the stuff that's growing next to the fence).

[/quote

that guy in the pic looked like he was smoking a hooka or however you spell it.... not really used for the herbal meditiation..... just the sheesha baccer....yummy yummy

as for chris.... tis a shame that smoking the buds (i assume) got in his way

looking at it from a big time hawaii boy ex. stoner smoking pot really fuct me up in sports and i never performed well but i wasn't going pro in water polo any time soon either..... just the lazy factor seems to be the exact opposite of what you need.. and i dont think blazing in practice or whatever gives you some sort of edge... in fact it would plain suck...

so i guess the guy just liked to burn..... oh well big deal to me but i know its not to a lot of people

sorry he chose pot over football but i know at a program with the rep like nebraska you have to be consistent.....

Consistency must have just come into vogue with Bo then, as TO was the coach at the time I'm talking about. If you are thinking TO must not have know what was going on, that would be hard to believe, unless the police, who came up to our dorm floor to bust this star player, didn't notify Tom.