Total Posts In a Day

Everyone is so worried about having the most total posts. Now some of you will probably say "well WV is at the top of the total posts" but I am not posting any different than I ever have. Total posts in a day shouldn't mean anything, and I just don't think its a good idea. Like I said it doesn't matter to me, but I feel that it does to others.

I used to post a lot like WVHusker did. I'm not really sure what it is, but it feels as I get older (I've been posting on different message boards for about...7 years now, which is a long time for a young person like myself), I just can't be bothered to muster up the energy to form coherent thoughts on a lot of topics, so I post less and less (ie I only post in threads that are REALLY interesting...when in the past I would post in threads that were mildly interesting or weren't really that interesting at all).

See what I mean? I have no idea if that even made sense, the only thread I can bother putting a lot of time into is the religion debate thread. :dumdum

• Fire 1

I'm not concered about having the most posts in a day. Actually...I'd be concerned about having TOO MANY posts in a day. People might think all I do every day is sit around in my boxers eating cheetos and posting random thoughts on a message board.

I have on pants too.

Everyone is so worried about having the most total posts. Now some of you will probably say "well WV is at the top of the total posts" but I am not posting any different than I ever have. Total posts in a day shouldn't mean anything, and I just don't think its a good idea. Like I said it doesn't matter to me, but I feel that it does to others.

Its a cool new feature but I know where you're coming from. I'm not too worried about it because whether the Total Post of the Day will be there or not.....I'll still be here posting my opinions and talking to you guys and making fun of BRI

I was wondering if that was going to turn into a competition or not. :lol:

Why? You worried someone is gonna out post you? :dumdum

I could stop posting for a year or more and I don't think anyone would catch me. :lol:

When I first got into message boards I found a good fantasy football forum that I was on all day, every day. Even at my most furious posting pace I didn't get past 1,000 posts in a month. I'm like 14,000 posts behind you; if I posted 1,000 a month I still wouldn't catch you by January, 2011, and that's if you did stop for a year.

Personally I'm a big fan of not showing post counts. Yet another forum I belong to doesn't show them, probably the only one that I go to that doesn't. Coincidentally, it's the forum with the fewest "Yeah, that" kind of posts. Most things most people post are pretty content-heavy, not just little blurbs and stuff.

Mostly HuskerBoard is free from the post-whoring activity you see in a lot of other forums, though. We have a good group of members who don't worry so much about how much they post, but about what they post.