Recruiting Thought

The thing that amazes me is ...say Cooper and Owa do commit. What does that say about the staff. We might not have a top 10 class. But we will have a very very good class. Also it will be better IMO than last year. Which shows me that they are starting to really get a feel for what they are doing (Mainly Bo, since he never really did much recruiting before he came here). If somehow we have the class that many of us expect to have next year, our momentum in recruiting will be that of a Top 10 team hopefully every year.

You need a couple season to establish your program and your identity, plus develop continuity with the staff. Now the whole world knows Nebraska is synonymous with defense. If we can get through a half a decade without any major staff changes, it won't be such an uphill battle to fill out half your class with touted players.

I definitely agree this is the most solid class we have had in a long time. Bo is figuring out the recruiting game, if they really want somebody bad, it appears like they have no trouble making sure the recruit gives Nebraska a good hard look. That being said I think in a few years we will be fighting recruits off with a stick. Just takes time.

The thing that amazes me is ...say Cooper and Owa do commit. What does that say about the staff. We might not have a top 10 class. But we will have a very very good class. Also it will be better IMO than last year. Which shows me that they are starting to really get a feel for what they are doing (Mainly Bo, since he never really did much recruiting before he came here). If somehow we have the class that many of us expect to have next year, our momentum in recruiting will be that of a Top 10 team hopefully every year.

I'm afraid we're all setting ourselves up for disappointment. Our class for next year looks like it could be outstanding, but what if it's not? We may not get Aaron Green or Turner. We could lose the commitment from Moore. These guys could all look average at camps this summer and come in as four stars. And if our class does consist of one five star and five or six four stars and the rest three stars are people going to talk about how disappointing that class is compared to what it looks like it could be? Even non-stargazers I'm sure would prefer that our top recruits were highly ranked. I know I'm a Debbie Downer and there's nothing wrong with be excited for the future, but sports are a continual letdown. Let's just get through this signing day. It could be very exciting in it's own right.

• Fire 1

I'm afraid we're all setting ourselves up for disappointment. Our class for next year looks like it could be outstanding, but what if it's not? We may not get Aaron Green or Turner. We could lose the commitment from Moore. These guys could all look average at camps this summer and come in as four stars. And if our class does consist of one five star and five or six four stars and the rest three stars are people going to talk about how disappointing that class is compared to what it looks like it could be? Even non-stargazers I'm sure would prefer that our top recruits were highly ranked. I know I'm a Debbie Downer and there's nothing wrong with be excited for the future, but sports are a continual letdown. Let's just get through this signing day. It could be very exciting in it's own right.

Quite a few things can happen obviously.

Tyler Moore isnt going anywhere. He has Husker in his blood and is already talking about getting here next January.

2011 NLOI day is far away from now. With the way our staff APPEARS to have closed this class I am very optimistic that we will get our fair share of kids that can play.

I think nowadays, kids are getting smarter. Bo is a real guy, not a used car salesman like so many other coaches. That doesnt mean he doesn't use some good lines to get kids in here, but I feel like you can trust Bo.

Bo uses his ability as a coach to convince kids to come here, not his ability to be a smooth talker.

Bo is the PERFECT coach for Nebraska.

• Fire 1

I think nowadays, kids are getting smarter. Bo is a real guy, not a used car salesman like so many other coaches. That doesnt mean he doesn't use some good lines to get kids in here, but I feel like you can trust Bo.

Bo uses his ability as a coach to convince kids to come here, not his ability to be a smooth talker.

:yeah

He lets his program sell itself.

:yeah

He lets his program sell itself.

Doesnt pull a Kiffin and make it about him. He makes it about the name on the front of the jersey, not the back.