If you could go back in time.........

Which Nebraska loss would you change?

I have a ton that I can think of right off the bat but the one that sticks out out to me the most would be the 1994 Orange Bowl vs FSU. Like all Husker losses, this one personally kicked me right in the coconuts. I thought this was the year that Dr. Tom finally gets his National Championship that he was due. I was a Jr in College and a bunch of us made the trek to Miami to beat those cocky ass Seminole Fans. There were a few suspect calls against us to say the least. One in particular that brought back a KR for a TD, was the "phantom clip". I am curious to see which game yall would change.

• Fire 1

I have a ton that I can think of right off the bat but the one that sticks out out to me the most would be the 1994 Orange Bowl vs FSU. Like all Husker losses, this one personally kicked me right in the coconuts. I was a Jr in College and a bunch of us made the trek to Miami to beat those cocky ass Seminole Fans. There were a few suspect calls against us to say the least. One in particular that brought back a KR for a TD, was the "phantom clip". I am curious to see which game yall would change.

Tough one- three come to mind: 2001 Colorado loss, 2001/2 Miami loss, that aweful loss to Tech in 2004.

I wouldn't change the FSU game. I think that heartbreak loss set the stage for the next two years

I would take back the 2001 Miami loss for a couple of reasons.

1) We would have had a national championship for the decade, which would have been pretty nice. But, then again, that could have changed the entire landscape of the decade. It's possible that Solich may have not lost his job as soon as he did with the MNC attached to his name.

2) The 1994 loss to FSU is what set us up to win 3 out of the next 4 national championships. Those guys were out for blood the following seasons, and I think without that loss we may not have been so successful in the following years. Just my opinion though.

Top of the list would be the 1984 Orange Bowl against Miami so they could cap off the 1983 season with perfection and given Coach Osborne his first national championship a decade earlier. It could have really snowballed the program and the dynasty could have started sooner. :w00t

This barely beat out the 1982 game against Penn State because that game would have put Nebraska in position to play for the national championship but the Miami win the following year guarantees the championship.

Texas Big 12 championship 1996. The team was sick all over playing a pu&&y game in a dome, and let's face it, that game was a 1 in 100 that it would turn out that way. Nebraska wins that game, and they definitely beat Florida St. for the national title, making and unprecedented 4 in a row.

Flippin flu.

Man there are so many but I would say the 01' Rose Bowl against Miami because I was a senior in High School and remember that game pretty well. Beating Miami and winning the BCS National Title wouldn't made that Colorado loss look like a fluke and have everybody forgetting about that loss.

Texas Big 12 championship 1996. The team was sick all over playing a pu&&y game in a dome, and let's face it, that game was a 1 in 100 that it would turn out that way. Nebraska wins that game, and they definitely beat Florida St. for the national title, making and unprecedented 4 in a row.

This is the one that comes to my mind also. A chance at 4 straight NCs seems incredible.

Give me a two/fer/one and I'll take Miami in the 84 Orange Bowl(83 season) and again in the 02 Rose Bowl(01 season). Those two would give us NCs in 4 straight decades. :koolaid2:

I have a ton that I can think of right off the bat but the one that sticks out out to me the most would be the 1994 Orange Bowl vs FSU. Like all Husker losses, this one personally kicked me right in the coconuts. I thought this was the year that Dr. Tom finally gets his National Championship that he was due. I was a Jr in College and a bunch of us made the trek to Miami to beat those cocky ass Seminole Fans. There were a few suspect calls against us to say the least. One in particular that brought back a KR for a TD, was the "phantom clip". I am curious to see which game yall would change.

I'd say the loss to Texas when Terrence Nunn fumbled the game winning first down play. I don't remember what year it was, but that loss made me want to kill someone.

Top of the list would be the 1984 Orange Bowl against Miami so they could cap off the 1983 season with perfection and given Coach Osborne his first national championship a decade earlier. It could have really snowballed the program and the dynasty could have started sooner. :w00t

This barely beat out the 1982 game against Penn State because that game would have put Nebraska in position to play for the national championship but the Miami win the following year guarantees the championship.

Wow. I would have to say the 1984 Orange Bowl would be my pick too with the heartbreaking and sickening (out of bounds play/non touchdown catch) 82 Penn State game being second for me also.

I wouldn't pick the 2001 Rose Bowl because we really had no business being in that game to begin with. The 94 loss to FSU stung too. That would probably be third on my list. I know for sure there are some Oklahoma losses in the 80's that I wish we would have won and were pretty heartbreaking losses too.

Those are the two for me also, but I'd put the 84 Orange as the clear favorite. Not only does it give us the championship, but maybe it keeps the hated Miami program from becoming such a force in the next decade. As a bonus, maybe people would be calling the 1983 Husker team one of the 3 greatest of all time, along with 1971 and 1995.

The 1994 Orange vs FSU hurt, but maybe it helped give the team the focus to win the next 3 out of 4 years.