RB Robert Standard

both rivals and scout have teasers about standard really enjoying junior day at NU. can anyone with a subscription to either site give some more info. thanks.

Basically said it was what he expected of it. Great facilities, great coaches, the history and tradition of the school. Also mentioned that he loves red & white since he thinks he looks good in those colors (his HS team is also red & white). Doesn't want to reveal who his favorite is yet because he plans on visiting more schools.

good deal, thanks nexus!

:thumbs

Is there any free film on this guy? Would love to see him in action.

Yeah. Film or asterisk. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, Standard is in position to break the St. Louis Metro area rushing record in 2010. He's 1,938 yds. shy of breaking Montee Ball's 7,109 yds. rushing record set in 2008. Ball currently plays RB for Wisconsin.

Standard's previous two season rushing totals:

2008 = 2,350 yds./29 TDs

2009 = 2,821 yds./40 TDs

ROBERT STANDARD, RB, 5-10, 175, 4.4, ST. LOUIS (CHAMINADE), MISSOURI

Husker Spring Game Doubtful

“I was planning on going to Nebraska practice or spring game but I haven’t set up a date I have to talk to my parents about it. I’m not sure if I’m going up there.” Standard said

“I really don’t hear from Nebraska I get mail from them about every week. I haven’t talked to the coaches in a while.” Standard said

Enjoyed Trip To Ames

“I’ve been to Iowa State twice,” Standard said. “It was a real cool place I like the school. The head coach (Rhoades) seems like a great guy, he’s down to earth. I talked to some players there and they really like it.”

“I think at Iowa State I can play early potentially start. It’s not big to play early I wouldn’t mind redshirting.” Standard said

ROBERT STANDARD, RB, 5-10, 175, 4.4, ST. LOUIS (CHAMINADE), MISSOURI

Husker Spring Game Doubtful

“I was planning on going to Nebraska practice or spring game but I haven’t set up a date I have to talk to my parents about it. I’m not sure if I’m going up there.” Standard said

“I really don’t hear from Nebraska I get mail from them about every week. I haven’t talked to the coaches in a while.” Standard said

Enjoyed Trip To Ames

“I’ve been to Iowa State twice,” Standard said. “It was a real cool place I like the school. The head coach (Rhoades) seems like a great guy, he’s down to earth. I talked to some players there and they really like it.”

“I think at Iowa State I can play early potentially start. It’s not big to play early I wouldn’t mind redshirting.” Standard said

Is it me or does that sound extremely similar to what players said about or recruiting last season? Not liking to hear that mediocre schools like KU and ISU are out working our staff for recruits again.

Is it me or does that sound extremely similar to what players said about or recruiting last season? Not liking to hear that mediocre schools like KU and ISU are out working our staff for recruits again.

I usually lurk but this comment had to be replied to. You all do understand what slow playing is???? You understand this is APRIL, and NU will only accept commits way, way at the top of their list.

I highly doubt this kid has a written offer from NU.

Yes it's you.

Does it sounds like our recruiting from last season? Yes it does, but if we can pull in the athletes that we did last year I'd be happy. I don't know if other coaches are outworking us seeing as how we have about 20 high school seniors coming to our spring game and have had two unofficial visitors to practice in the last three days. I'd say it has more to do with us being in a very good position w/ Aaron Green and maybe someone else that only the coaches know about. Sure it would be nice to get another athlete like Standard but if we get Green along with Burkhead, Tray, Heard, Okafor, and Ward all on schollie. That makes 6 RB's on schollie w/ nobody graduating the year after. I know we have a stacked secondary this year but I really think we need to address the true corner position this year a little more. In the past we have gotten Andrew Green and Middleton two years ago and Mitchell and Evans last year. Seeing as how we are going to have at least three corners aside from the hybrid position on the field at least 35% of the time we are going to need at least 5 corners that can play at a high level. It's possible that after this year we lose Prince, Dennard (early) and Hagg. We need some top flight corners in this years class in a big way IMO.

• Fire 1

Does it sounds like our recruiting from last season? Yes it does, but if we can pull in the athletes that we did last year I'd be happy. I don't know if other coaches are outworking us seeing as how we have about 20 high school seniors coming to our spring game and have had two unofficial visitors to practice in the last three days. I'd say it has more to do with us being in a very good position w/ Aaron Green and maybe someone else that only the coaches know about. Sure it would be nice to get another athlete like Standard but if we get Green along with Burkhead, Tray, Heard, Okafor, and Ward all on schollie. That makes 6 RB's on schollie w/ nobody graduating the year after. I know we have a stacked secondary this year but I really think we need to address the true corner position this year a little more. In the past we have gotten Andrew Green and Middleton two years ago and Mitchell and Evans last year. Seeing as how we are going to have at least three corners aside from the hybrid position on the field at least 35% of the time we are going to need at least 5 corners that can play at a high level. It's possible that after this year we lose Prince, Dennard (early) and Hagg. We need some top flight corners in this years class in a big way IMO.

Sorry but I'm confused... 3 corners aside from the hybrid position. So... 4 d-linemen, 2 lbs, 1 hybrid, 2 safeties, and 3 corners? Doesn't that equal 12? No wonder our scoring D was so good last year! :LOLtartar Other than that, I agree!

• Fire 1

I was referring to the time we spent in dime last year was probably somewhere around 35% and I assume will be close to the same next year. That would be 2 safeties, 1 LB, 1 hybrid, 3 corners and 4 DL. I know it might not sound reasonable to have a hybrid in in the dime but Hagg will for sure be in and I'd assume that David would also be in if he assumes the hybrid position.

I was referring to the time we spent in dime last year was probably somewhere around 35% and I assume will be close to the same next year. That would be 2 safeties, 1 LB, 1 hybrid, 3 corners and 4 DL. I know it might not sound reasonable to have a hybrid in in the dime but Hagg will for sure be in and I'd assume that David would also be in if he assumes the hybrid position.

Funny story...

I actually thought that is probably what you meant after I got off the internet last night. Meh... sorry. :facepalm:

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 months later...