Remember the talk about Bo being a bad recruiter?

They did very well for the most part, but Nebraska offered over 30 WRs. I'm guessing the coaches saw it is a position of need. I don't think the results in that area merit praise.

Oh, you never know. Our 2004 WR class had 3* Nunn, 3* Swift and a walk on named Peterson. I see some great things in film from Bell and Enuwa, if they both take a year to learn the system I can see some really great things coming from them.

Enunwa can ball. Check out his film on youtube. I may be wrong, but from what I understand he played against some pretty good competition out in Cali.

Damn! Enunwa is a beast! Can you say

?

What was so impressive about that video is how rarely the first contact brought him down. He was breaking tackles on nearly every play, with the notable exceptions when he caught the ball off balance and was hit immediately. If he got his feet under him after the catch, even LBs weren't bringing him down off first contact. He was clearly the fastest guy in the secondary in those clips, too.

Let's hope he can translate that into the college level. If so, he could be contributing right away.

They did very well for the most part, but Nebraska offered over 30 WRs. I'm guessing the coaches saw it is a position of need. I don't think the results in that area merit praise.

WR and OL are really the only areas i don't think the coaches nailed. that said, any of the 3 WR's we got could very well turn out to be good ones. really would have liked at least one more OL, though young pelini has some potential. he apparently drew some interest from some D1 schools, but was always heading to NU. another LB would have been nice as well with williams' departure, but we seem to be heading to more of a nickel base defense anyway, decreasing the need for LBs.

would like to see a couple more walk-on OL if we can. one of the failings of billy c's recruiting was not getting enough high school OL. i would hate to see the new staff fall into the same trap. could just be a one year anomaly though.

overall, great class. hit our biggest need positions, particularly at DT, the hardest position to recruit well.

The 'Canes, meanwhile, "have got to be the biggest story nobody's talking about," said Newberg. "We had 28 players ranked four stars or higher in Dade or Broward Counties. How many [signed] with Miami? Two. It's a head-scratcher." Fourth-year coach Randy Shannon seemed to be reclaiming the school's backyard in recent years but took a major step backward, barely finishing among Rivals' Top 25 classes.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/02/03/signing-day/2.html#ixzz0epXSV0do

The 'Canes, meanwhile, "have got to be the biggest story nobody's talking about," said Newberg. "We had 28 players ranked four stars or higher in Dade or Broward Counties. How many [signed] with Miami? Two. It's a head-scratcher." Fourth-year coach Randy Shannon seemed to be reclaiming the school's backyard in recent years but took a major step backward, barely finishing among Rivals' Top 25 classes.

Read More: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz0epXSV0do

The Big 10 also had a down year.

Bo isn't a great recruiter but he's a solid one that should find guys that want to play hardnosed Nebraska football and be the best they can be. Starting this season we'll really start seeing Bo's recruits. We'll start seeing what kind of evaluator Bo is. A key to winning at a place with recruiting disadvantages is finding guys that can play at a high level but weren't chased by the big-dogs.

Bo isn't a great recruiter but he's a solid one that should find guys that want to play hardnosed Nebraska football and be the best they can be. Starting this season we'll really start seeing Bo's recruits. We'll start seeing what kind of evaluator Bo is. A key to winning at a place with recruiting disadvantages is finding guys that can play at a high level but weren't chased by the big-dogs.

yup, but the early returns (gomes, dennard, burkhead, pj smith, etc.) look pretty good. :koolaid2:

• 1 month later...

It was the BCers and BRBers that said he couldnt recruit. It appears they have no legs left to stand on.

I hate the "BCers" label. I know a few members here who despise all things BC . . . but still were concerned about Bo's recruiting.

I would hate the BCers label too if it was on me. Having a concern about someone being bad at something before you have any reason to be concerned is just insane.

Look, if you drive home from work and get home safe and sound, do you concern yourself about it? Nope. But if you drive home and get in a car accident then you concern yourself about and think what you could have done differently, right?

Well, Bo gave no one any reason at all to think that him and his staff would not recruit well, so why be "concerned" as you say. 99% of the people "concerned" were BCers, plain and simple. Now, you might be in the 1% but it still seems odd that you would be concerned BEFORE you were shown what Bo and his staff could do.

Bumping an ancient thread here . . . but I was never concerned about Bo's recruiting. I don't know where you got the "it still seems odd that you would be concerned BEFORE you were shown what Bo and his staff could do." I started the thread to laugh a bit at the recruiting meltdown that happened in this forum in the fall . . . not because I was concerned about Bo's recruiting.

It was the BCers and BRBers that said he couldnt recruit. It appears they have no legs left to stand on.

I hate the "BCers" label. I know a few members here who despise all things BC . . . but still were concerned about Bo's recruiting.

I would hate the BCers label too if it was on me. Having a concern about someone being bad at something before you have any reason to be concerned is just insane.

Look, if you drive home from work and get home safe and sound, do you concern yourself about it? Nope. But if you drive home and get in a car accident then you concern yourself about and think what you could have done differently, right?

Well, Bo gave no one any reason at all to think that him and his staff would not recruit well, so why be "concerned" as you say. 99% of the people "concerned" were BCers, plain and simple. Now, you might be in the 1% but it still seems odd that you would be concerned BEFORE you were shown what Bo and his staff could do.

Bumping an ancient thread here . . . but I was never concerned about Bo's recruiting. I don't know where you got the "it still seems odd that you would be concerned BEFORE you were shown what Bo and his staff could do." I started the thread to laugh a bit at the recruiting meltdown that happened in this forum in the fall . . . not because I was concerned about Bo's recruiting.

I hear you loud and clear. There were many "meltdown" posts this past fall. If I remember correctly, there was a month or two long stretch when we didn't get a single commit...all along Gabbert and Terry said goodbye to NU. People were going nuts on this board.

Thank god this board, like all boards, is straight up speculation and we all learned that Bo is a d*mn good recruiter.

Our 3 :star s are so much better than MU's 3 :star s

:koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: .....I am serious though :lol:

I did not mean you, I meant BCers or BRBers. I guess you are one of those then I mean you but you dont seem to be one.

• 2 weeks later...

I did not mean you, I meant BCers or BRBers. I guess you are one of those then I mean you but you dont seem to be one.

i beleve its too early yet to judge how bo is recruiting....but its looking promising.....the qb situation turned out great..i really did not like the kid for missouri.....he might be good, but i just don,t think hes big or fast enough

I hate partisan lines. We're all Husker fans here...and, I think we should all acknowledge things evenly. Give credit where it's due, give blame where that's due. A big criticism of these "BRBers" and some other boards is how everyone has to toe the "company line" and be supportive of the coach, etc. Well, sometimes, that doesn't seem a whole lot different. It's like people are expected to anoint Bo as our savior and the Way of the Light in everything, while at the same time condemning the previous staff for everything they did. That's still toeing the line, 100% kool-aid about the current staff, burning effigies of the previous one.

Skepticism about the current staff is healthy and so too, is acknowledging that the previous staff did do good jobs in a number of areas. And I am on board with this staff personally, but even if someone prefers the last one to Bo's crew, I don't think that's any reason to look down at that or classify them as BC leg humpers or anything. Just a fan with a different opinion. As much as it may seem sacrilege, perfectly smart Husker fans may have plenty of reason to not believe wholesale in the direction of the program. I mean, I'll debate anyone on that if that's what they think, but I feel like tossing labels around like "BCers" is a little narrow sighted.

We're going into Year 3 of the tenure here, remember. 2007 was a collapse of epic proportions. If that happens in the next few years, are we going to be talking about some of our own as ignorant BPer's? I hope not.

• Fire 1

I hate partisan lines. We're all Husker fans here...and, I think we should all acknowledge things evenly. Give credit where it's due, give blame where that's due. A big criticism of these "BRBers" and some other boards is how everyone has to toe the "company line" and be supportive of the coach, etc. Well, sometimes, that doesn't seem a whole lot different. It's like people are expected to anoint Bo as our savior and the Way of the Light in everything, while at the same time condemning the previous staff for everything they did. That's still toeing the line, 100% kool-aid about the current staff, burning effigies of the previous one.

Skepticism about the current staff is healthy and so too, is acknowledging that the previous staff did do good jobs in a number of areas. And I am on board with this staff personally, but even if someone prefers the last one to Bo's crew, I don't think that's any reason to look down at that or classify them as BC leg humpers or anything. Just a fan with a different opinion. As much as it may seem sacrilege, perfectly smart Husker fans may have plenty of reason to not believe wholesale in the direction of the program. I mean, I'll debate anyone on that if that's what they think, but I feel like tossing labels around like "BCers" is a little narrow sighted.

We're going into Year 3 of the tenure here, remember. 2007 was a collapse of epic proportions. If that happens in the next few years, are we going to be talking about some of our own as ignorant BPer's? I hope not.

We're not all the same "Husker," fans here, so please speak for yourself. There's a heapin' helpin' of people on this board that I am sad to associate with.

EDIT: Haha, they replaced sh1t lo4d with "heapin' helpin'!" Now THAT's funny.