OLB Anthony Sarao

Nexus

• 5 months later...

he decommited from Stanford and committed to USC. That puts theyre class at like 25 recruits. How is that possible with the limited schollies they have to give out?

somebody is gonna be fuct.........

I don't remember the specifics but USC signed a small class last year and this allows them to put something like 8 schollies in this class towards 2010. Big loophole and basically means no sanctions for USC outside of the no bowl game. BS imo.

he decommited from Stanford and committed to USC. That puts theyre class at like 25 recruits. How is that possible with the limited schollies they have to give out?

I don't remember the specifics but USC signed a small class last year and this allows them to put something like 8 schollies in this class towards 2010. Big loophole and basically means no sanctions for USC outside of the no bowl game. BS imo.

They signed something like 9 January enrollees with this current class - and sanctions are based on "academic year" - so "technically" because of this the sanctions don't start until next year. With a class of 25, they'd have 16 that would count for this academic year, meaning they couldn't sign any early enrolees next year or they'll go over.

They signed something like 9 January enrollees with this current class - and sanctions are based on "academic year" - so "technically" because of this the sanctions don't start until next year. With a class of 25, they'd have 16 that would count for this academic year, meaning they couldn't sign any early enrolees next year or they'll go over.

i was not aware that high school early enrollees could count towards the previous year's class. i know juco kids can, but this surprises me.

They are throwing out a lot of greyshirt possibilities to recruits too. Believe Ameer Abdullah said as much in an interview. You will see the Trojans recruiting start hurting in the Classes of 12/13. That is when they will really start getting crunched. I believe there is a thread in the Recruiting Threads in which and ESPN talking head broke down how the Trojans can have a big class this year and will start feeling the numbers game next year.

RB Recruit Ameer Abdullah said that USC can only sign 20 recruits and has 24 (now 25) that have committed. Now, I believe that the 8 out of the 25 that have already showed up on campus this semester do not count towards the 20 scholarships for 2011 however I am not sure, but I do know that for 2011 they can only sign 20. If the 8 do not count for the 2011 numbers then that would mean USC still has 3 open spots. (25-8=17) Which, if this is the case then recruits like DB Ameer Abdullah, DT Christian Heyward, DB Marcus Roberson, DB Erique Florence, Junior Pomee, OL Cyrus Hobbi, OL Cyrus Kouandjio, OL Antonio Richardson, or TE Troy Niklas are still fair game for 3 open spots. We know USC desperately needs DB's so if they do indeed still have some open spots, and Ameer Abdullah's fear about them is their scholarship limits, then if that is addressed on his visit and he really is open to playing DB like he says he is, look for USC to make a move and be thick in this race for a while longer.

GREAT breakdown GKFB... Well done. You made it easy to understand, even for an idiot like me. Only thing is... weird place to put it. Why is all this in Spock's recruiting profile? (refer to Scout photo gallery of Sarao if you don't understand. Off topic, but holy hell, that may be the queerest (oddest) haircut I've ever seen, in his main Scout picture).

Luckily, I check every new recruiting post cuz I'm such a loser.

They are throwing out a lot of greyshirt possibilities to recruits too. Believe Ameer Abdullah said as much in an interview. You will see the Trojans recruiting start hurting in the Classes of 12/13. That is when they will really start getting crunched. I believe there is a thread in the Recruiting Threads in which and ESPN talking head broke down how the Trojans can have a big class this year and will start feeling the numbers game next year.

thats what i was going on... based on what AA said.....thats what kinda has turned him off the USC (that or maybe they are recruiting him as a Corner)