Huskers in your family

mitch7

I know somebody whos brother is Aaron Taylor who won the Outland Trophy in 97.

not sure if this counts but my dad is very good friends with and does business with Loren Kaiser's dad Tom. Known that family for a very long time. He went to the same high school I did, St Paul. Of course I am way older than he is. I believe he is married with a child now. Living in Kearney i think.

My uncle is Mitch Krenk, the "bouncerooski" tight end who went on to play for the Dallas Cowboys and won a Super Bowl ring on IR with the 85 bears. He lives in his hometown of Nebraska City, selling custom homes and owns a Nutritional Supplement Company with his son, Nick, and is the President of the Letterwinners Club.

My cousin Nick played basketball at Nebraska the last couple years (after starting as a team manager) and now coaches the boys team at Johnson-Brock High School. He had several small school offers, but wanted to be a Husker. Things worked out, and he got to ride the bench under Doc's tutelage.

My Pops wrestled for a year as a Husker before moving on from college in general. Wasnt his bag. ;)

• Fire 1

My uncle is Mitch Krenk, the "bouncerooski" tight end who went on to play for the Dallas Cowboys and won a Super Bowl ring on IR with the 85 bears. He lives in his hometown of Nebraska City, selling custom homes and owns a Nutritional Supplement Company with his son, Nick, and is the President of the Letterwinners Club.

+1 for you. Daaaaaa Bears!

Well it is that time of the year where good topics are in short supply, but I think I got a topic that might give a little umphhhh to the board. The is Superbowl is just around the corner and I will be watching my 3rd cousin Scott Shanle play for the Saints. Sure he may not know me, but I certainly know who he is. Along with Scott and Andrew Shanle I am also related to Cory Schlesinger. Sure all three of these guys are fairly distant cousins, but they are relation. So I was wondering.....what present/former Huskers are all of you related to, or at least know personally?

My uncle dated Cory Schlesinger's grandmother. Very nice lady. True story.

Well it is that time of the year where good topics are in short supply, but I think I got a topic that might give a little umphhhh to the board. The is Superbowl is just around the corner and I will be watching my 3rd cousin Scott Shanle play for the Saints. Sure he may not know me, but I certainly know who he is. Along with Scott and Andrew Shanle I am also related to Cory Schlesinger. Sure all three of these guys are fairly distant cousins, but they are relation. So I was wondering.....what present/former Huskers are all of you related to, or at least know personally?

My uncle dated Cory Schlesinger's grandmother. Very nice lady. True story.

I am related to him through his grandmother I believe......not sure though.

From 1981-1984 I knew every Husker who played...I especially liked Steve McWhirter because he cussed a lot when you tripped him and Doug Herrmann because he kicked my helmet off the field on regional TV which caused my mother much anguish...

I'm pretty sure it was my stellar play that kept the Huskers from capturing any national championships in the 80's... <_<

My fiancee's first cousin TJ Scribner played at Nebraska as a TE from 93'-94' and has a National Championship ring but ended up transfering to Kearney after the 94' because of a knee injury.

My future Mother in Law, her best friend used to work for the University and she was in charge of making sure that all of the rooms have been reserved for away and bowl games and was in charge for the food arrangements that were provided on away games. She also has a copy of the Nebraskas Defensive Playbook that she has shown me and I got to open it to drool all over it.

When I was a senior at South Sioux City, we had to play against #1 Elkhorn for our last game of the regular season and SSC was ranked #2 and both teams were undefeated. I was won of the three captains and got to shake Jay Moores hand since he was one of Elkhorns captains. Jay Moore didn't get to play because he injuried his knee earlier in the season.

My father got to referee Kyle Vanden Bosch when he played for West Lyons. Kyle played both sides of the ball and when Nebraska was scouting him out he came out of the game to place his shoulder back into the socket after dislocating it and then reentered the following play. When he was on offense I knew he played fullback because my dad as an amazing story of Kyle when he was carring the football. My dad also refereed Matt Herian when he played Basketball for Pierce. My father told both these athletes that he'll enjoy watching these two for the next 4-5 years since he has season tickets.

During the 08' High School Football season both my dad and I got to referee Sioux City Heelans stud running back Brandon Wegher twice once in the regular season and the other in a playoff game. I know he plays for Iowa now but we were recruiting him for Nebraska. After the playoff game I wished him luck at Iowa.

you went to SSC? i graduated from there last year, when did you graduate?

my mom went to school with Russ Hochstein's dad, and we know alot of his family up in the hartington area

i also played against trevor robinson and cj zimmerer, and i played against sioux sity heelan's brandon wegher in summer passing league (we never played them in the regular season)

On 2/9/2010 at 2:30 PM, Bo-Nose said:

My family is rooted so deeply in Colorado that I'm sure they know/relate to somebody on some Colorado team. Me and my cousin are the only Huskers so we don't conversate with the family that often. :facepalm:

Don't worry, I have Colorado Alumni in my family, but they are husker fans too so I guess it works out.

My brother played Elementary School B-Ball against Ty Steinkuhler, pretty sure he played a couple years against him in middle school football before the Steinkuhler's moved to Lincoln.

Lived up in Minnesota for my 3rd grade year and my brother's the same age as Swift. From what I understand is that my brothers class was the next class down from Swift's. I think they ended up going out to recess together a lot, but I don't know haven't talked to my brother about that for a while.

Biggest celebrity connection for my family would be my cousin playing for the Bruins in the NHL.