Huskers in your family

mitch7

I was dating a girl who was very good friends with Alex Henery's fiance (I don't know if they got married?) at Omaha Burke. I dated her when Alex and I were both sophomores and he just had got the starting job. When he kicked that game winner against Colorado I remember telling her that I wanted to go to that wedding so I could meet him. We broke up shortly after that. Did I say something wrong?

I had one cousin, Donnie, who was a part of the Nebraska Gymnastics team and he was also a part of the Cheerleaders for the Cornhuskers.

Another cousin who was Donnie's brother was an Assistant Strength Coach under Boyd Epply (sp), went on to Ohio State,and was thanked personally by Eddie George when George won the heisman, went to Pitt, then came back to Nebraska as their Head Strength Coach. You probably knew him as Coach Dave Kennedy. :facepalm: Part of the Bill Calahan Error I mean era.

Let's see.....

I played against John Parella in Jr High (the guy was a beast even back then). I played against Reggie Baul in High School (we kept asking ourselves, "can anyone cover this guy??!!". I played along side Clester aka "Tank" Johnson in High School and we still talk on a regular basis. I also lived down the street from Erick Strickland (Played BB for Nebraska). I always told Strick that he should have played football for the Huskers too. Other than that, I have no relatives who play or who have ever played at Nebraska. My first cousin Bart Chelsvig from Webster City Iowa, was a 3 time Iowa state champ who wrestled for Dan Gable at Iowa. He was a 3 time All American at Iowa too.

1976 Honorable Mention All America and Nebraska Hall of fame member Bob Lingenfelter is my second cousin. I've never met him but my mother has.. I'm also related to former husker Newton Lingenfelter and current Husker Luke Lingenfelter distantly.

I have never met any of these people but I always support them a little extra if should see them on the field. :)

1976 Honorable Mention All America and Nebraska Hall of fame member Bob Lingenfelter is my second cousin. I've never met him but my mother has.. I'm also related to former husker Newton Lingenfelter and current Husker Luke Lingenfelter distantly.

I have never met any of these people but I always support them a little extra if should see them on the field. :)

I have a niece that was a four year starter on the softball team and she is presently dating one of the starters on team.

Cousins with DE Brad Smith, circa '85. Also, best story is my dad counseled guard Greg Jorgensen when he was thinking of leaving the team in the 70's - he stuck it out, made all Big-8, and later on we were invited to Lee's Chicken with him and his family, after 'his' senior day thing at the game... I was in 6th grade, and man that was cool! Many players and their families (i'll never forget Wonder Monds and his little boy).

Cousins with DE Brad Smith, circa '85. Also, best story is my dad counseled guard Greg Jorgensen when he was thinking of leaving the team in the 70's - he stuck it out, made all Big-8, and later on we were invited to Lee's Chicken with him and his family, after 'his' senior day thing at the game... I was in 6th grade, and man that was cool! Many players and their families (i'll never forget Wonder Monds and his little boy).

does Lee's Chicken still exist? they created one of the most amatuerish commercials, ever. in keeping with the theme of this thread, i was two years older and played high school football with joel wilks (starting guard on the '94 national championship team).