Becoming a true husker fan

Recruiting (free) - Huskerboard.com

News site - Huskerextra.com

Live - Huskers.com

I no longer live in Nebraska so I don't know which radio channel is the home of the Huskers. (KFAB?)

Anyone known if there's a Canadians for Nebraska that pays for the Husker radio feed to be aired there?

*correction* Live - justintv.com and to go sports, its free :w00t

Welcome to Husker Nation, and to answer your question there isnt one thing over the next thatll make you a better or more loyal fan. One thing I would say is that you need to be educated on the team and not have irrational comments towards the other teams, however I find myself making stupid remarks,but you must realize the tradtition that surrounds the program is built up from the last 4 decades so there would be alot to look up, thats why its not necessary to know all this. Its not like you grew up in the state and I like to see that we are getting a new fan base even when our team isnt the top 5 in the nation, however our fan base is far and above. If you know the fight song there are lyrics saying "we will stick together in all kinds of weather for dear old nebraska u", these words might be the best to sum up the way husker fans feel about their team. If you want a site to follow apart from huskerboard, I would suggest huskerpedia like someone else mentioned earlier, its got a lot of nebraska info from different news sites. Also I might suggest seeing if there is a alumni association up in canada that could possibly get the games on saturday. Good luck and welcome again! go big red!

welcome to the board manitoba! where are you from? ive got a bunch of family in steinbach.

thats cool! im from Winnipeg!! Just out of curiosity when it comes to recruiting how is the instate talent in nebraska?? do you guys mostly get players from texas and surrounding states? or is it mostly in house? What are the High School power houses in nebraska? if i was looking to follow nebraska high school football closely

welcome to the board manitoba! where are you from? ive got a bunch of family in steinbach.

thats cool! im from Winnipeg!! Just out of curiosity when it comes to recruiting how is the instate talent in nebraska?? do you guys mostly get players from texas and surrounding states? or is it mostly in house? What are the High School power houses in nebraska? if i was looking to follow nebraska high school football closely

Most are from Texas and California. The rest come from around the country. We usually get 1 or 2 instate scholarship guys a year. The walk-on program takes care of the rest of them. As far as powerhouses that produce in-state talent....there are none (correct me if wrong). Maybe someone else on the board could elaborate more on how it was in the old'n days. I think that back then we got alot more in-state guys than we do now.

One of the cooler things about the Huskers is the Husker Prayer. Here's the text of the prayer:

Dear Lord, the battles we go through life,

We ask for a chance that's fair,

A chance to equal our stride,

A chance to do or dare,

If we should win, let it be by the code,

Faith and Honor held high,

If we should lose, we'll stand by the road,

And cheer as the winners go by.

Day by Day, we get better and better!

The team that can't be beat, WON'T BE BEAT!

Our very own epocSoN used the prayer this year in the tunnel walk video before the Oklahoma game. Still gives me chills every time:

epoc used the phrase "In the deed the glory" prominently in his video. Here's the text:

Not the victory but the action;

Not the goal but the game;

In the deed the glory

They were written by Hartley Burr Alexander and added to the stadium in 1923, on the southwest corner:

36ec23e95-99-1.gif

Here's a great article about the origin of the words and what they mean to the Huskers.

More to come soon.

Hey... I've seen that somewhere before...

:snacks:

Know that GBR means GO BIG RED....when someone yells Husker...you yell Power....If you hear Go Biiiiig Reeee-d chant style...respond with GO BIG RED! We were the bugeaters before the cornhuskers, TO's decision to go for 2 earned more respect than winning the title would have in the 84 orange bowl, and always remember that you are a part of the program ("we play today")

Might I also recommend sending a brief letter to Tom Osborne with what you just wrote to us and let him know that you were told you needed his autograph.

Know that GBR means GO BIG RED....when someone yells Husker...you yell Power....If you hear Go Biiiiig Reeee-d chant style...respond with GO BIG RED! We were the bugeaters before the cornhuskers, TO's decision to go for 2 earned more respect than winning the title would have in the 84 orange bowl, and always remember that you are a part of the program ("we play today")

Might I also recommend sending a brief letter to Tom Osborne with what you just wrote to us and let him know that you were told you needed his autograph.

:yeah:lol:

would he actually write back? thats super cool haha