Suh for Huskerboard All-time team

gamecocks

After looking at the Huskerboard All-time team, does anyone think that Suh should/would be on that team. It is probably too early to do a vote as he is the player that is on everyone's mind. The two we have on there are very very good players but was just interested in seeing if people would vote Suh over Peter and Glover (i think).

• Fire 2

consensus all-american, lombardi, outland, heisman ceremony invite...blah blah blah blah, on and on...

sacks, blocked kicks, interceptions for touchdowns, 300 lbs...

listened to Bo and stayed because he wanted to be the guy that returned the Blackshirts to their fearsome status...then did...

YES

consensus all-american, lombardi, outland, heisman ceremony invite...blah blah blah blah, on and on...

sacks, blocked kicks, interceptions for touchdowns, 300 lbs...

YES

Suh + Glover = The two best. Toss up between who is better, but those 2 stand above the others. Sorry Peter Bros. + Grant Winstrom.

I have seen all of the greats play. Glover was just as good as Suh no question. Proved it against better competition several times.

But Suh is bigger and every bit as athletic as Glover.

Suh will have a much larger impact in the NFL I think. Glover never really made it, they claimed he was too small.

I put them both as the best that has ever played at Nebraska at any position, offense or defense.

Glover played with a lot of great players, Suh had support but not the level Rich did.

As much as I have admired Glover over the years, I think Suh is most likely the best. But it is a very hard choice. Both are what a Husker defensive player is supposed to be. We were very lucky to have both of them and both made a tremendous impact on Nebraska and college football.

Suh/Glover Glover/Suh

The two best defensive players in college football.

No one else comes close that has worn the N on their helmets as far as I am concerned.

Not being able to see Glover play is obvious a disadvantage, but seeing some highlights and being only one of a handful to have their numbers retired seems pretty damn good to me, especially with all of the guys Nebraska has had put the Scarlet and Cream on.

I love Suh and I cannot wait to see what happens to him. At the beginning of the year I thought Wistrom was better, but after the season my thoughts changed. Grant was great, but his supporting cast was amazing...not taking anything away from him b/c he is one of my all time favorites.

tough to compare players from different eras. i'm sure with the more advanced weight training techniques, nutrition, and emphasis on size glover would have bulked up to around 275 lbs (he played at 235 lbs in the early 70's). if you can get a copy of the '71 oklahoma game, his play will remind you of suh's in the big 12 championship game.

After his storied career, SUH locked up a permanent spot on ANY all-time Nebraska Football team. Definetly the most, or second most (Glover) dominant d lineman in husker history. Glover and Suh both have legit arguments to be on any NCAA all-time team. They are 2 of 4or5 Defensive tackles to be Heisman finalists. AND Suh is the only Defender to win AP player of the year. To anwser your question, YES suh belongs on the all-time husker team.

Do the people that are calling Suh the greatest defensive player ever at NU remember that Grant Wistrom did it for a WHOLE career? :dunno He didn't have two years in which he was none existent with pretty average to below average production, whether it was due to coaching or whether it was due to lack of effort. :wacko: Wistrom was Big 8 Freshman of the Year, 3 Time First Team All Conference, 3rd Team All American followed up by back to back 1st Team All American honors. There are also those 3 National Championship rings as well. It should also not be held against him that he played with talented players because Suh did as well.

They are both great as was Rich Glover but I think when people throw out the Greatest Ever talk the two years of average production from Suh seem to get lost in the shuffle. IMO

As far as the OP goes, yes Suh should be on the All Time team. If the vote was today he would win in a landslide, so it would end up being Suh and Glover.

If enough people ask for it I will change it as well. :horns2

No, Suh didn't have the same stats his first couple of years here, but he was playing under the worst D Coordinator we've ever had (and hopefully ever will have). I hate throwing fuel on that fire, but it is really hard to judge him since he didn't have competent coaching or overall defensive philosophy.

I really do not care about all this and all that. I care about what the player did on the field. Wistrom was playing with one of the best teams ever assembled. Suh made his team better in every single way. He overcame shortfalls of others.

We are not talking about career acheivements. We are talking about who was the best player.

My favorite player was never an All anything, but what he did on the field for this program was far and above many others, just as Suh did this year. Glover has always had the credentials, but very few saw him play. Suh, if given the same opportunities that Wistrom had, most likely would have had all the recognition to.

But if you had to choose one today, who would you pick? Suh and Glover hands down for me. Suh because of his size and athleticism wins out.

After looking at the Huskerboard All-time team, does anyone think that Suh should/would be on that team. It is probably too early to do a vote as he is the player that is on everyone's mind. The two we have on there are very very good players but was just interested in seeing if people would vote Suh over Peter and Glover (i think).

Dude, there is NO QUESTION. He was the most dominant defensive line player I've seen in a long time. St. Louis Rams you are on the clock!