Ranking the Big 12 North Recievers

ADS

my only beef is when you compare what MU has left to others say, KU & ISU, you see that MU's guys put up better numbers and are younger. Then you look at the recent history of which programs have put together some what of a track record of being able to produce WR talent every year and again MU is much better than the other teams.

I can live with NE's rank simply because of the unknowns of the other teams and what is know for NE.

As always its just one guys opinion 5 months before the season. And he has a right to his opinion. No matter how wrong it is. ;)

Exactly. Missouri always reloads at WR and generally has the best receiving corp in the North. At least, that's how it's been over the last few seasons. They should get the top spot just by default.

The biggest reason I would put Missouri atop this list is they have the best passing QB in the North. Good receivers don't mean diddly if you can't get them the ball. Plus Mizzou has a pretty good young O Line that should only be better with last season's experience.

Well, the list is on best receivers, not best passing offense.

saying that MU always reloads at receiver is very short sighted. yeah the last 3 seasons they have had a couple good receivers but you cant say that about most Pinkle receivers before that.

a couple good players does not mean a team is "reloading"...

leading WR's &/or TE's under Pinkle

2001 - Justin Gage* (B12 1st team) & Dwayne Blakley* (B12 HM)

2002 - Justin Gage* (B12 2nd team) & Darius Outlaw%

2003 - Darius Outlaw% & Thompson Omboga%

2004 - Sean Coffee*, Thompson Omboga% & Victory Sesay*

2005 - Martin Rucker* (B12 HM), Chase Coffman*, Sean Coffee* (B12 HM) & William Franklin*

2006 - Martin Rucker* (B12 1st team), Chase Coffman* (B12 2nd team) & William Franklin* (B12 HM)

2007 - Rucker* (B12 2nd team), Jeremy Maclin* (B12 1st team), Coffman* (B12 HM) & Franklin* (B12 HM)

2008 - Maclin* (B12 1st team), Coffman* (2nd team) & Tommie Saunders% (B12 HM)

2009 - Danario Alexander (B12 1st team) & Jared Perry (B12 HM)

*-spent time in the NFL

%-had NFL workouts

They are not all All-Stars, and this is not as high of caliber as other NCAA teams can provide over the same time. However though, Mu has had a 1st or 2nd team player in their recieving corps 6 of GP's 9 seasons. 7 of 9 with atleast a HM on all B12. And the 2 seasons were MU didnt have a recieving corps member honored, their leading pass catchers those years still received NFL tryouts or spent time on NFL teams.

That is a pretty good 9 season run, and not short sighted for someone to believe that MU 'could' again have a nice recieving corps.

saying that MU always reloads at receiver is very short sighted. yeah the last 3 seasons they have had a couple good receivers but you cant say that about most Pinkle receivers before that.

2005 - Martin Rucker* (B12 HM), Chase Coffman*, Sean Coffee* (B12 HM) & William Franklin*

2006 - Martin Rucker* (B12 1st team), Chase Coffman* (B12 2nd team) & William Franklin* (B12 HM)

2007 - Rucker* (B12 2nd team), Jeremy Maclin* (B12 1st team), Coffman* (B12 HM) & Franklin* (B12 HM)

*-spent time in the NFL

%-had NFL workouts

They are not all All-Stars, and this is not as high of caliber as other NCAA teams can provide over the same time. However though, Mu has had a 1st of 2nd team player in their recieving corps 6 of GP's 9 seasons. 7 of 9 with atleast a HM on all B12. And the 2 seasons were MU didnt have a recieving corps member honored, their leading pass catchers those years still received NFL tryouts or spent time on NFL teams.

That is a pretty good 9 season run, and not short sighted for someone to believe that MU 'could' again have a nice recieving corps.

Ironic that Mizzou has all these great receivers, yet the most famous catch at Faurot Field was made by a freshman from Nebraska. The Flea kicker catch. Ha!

*-spent time in the NFL

%-had NFL workouts

They are not all All-Stars, and this is not as high of caliber as other NCAA teams can provide over the same time. However though, Mu has had a 1st of 2nd team player in their recieving corps 6 of GP's 9 seasons. 7 of 9 with atleast a HM on all B12. And the 2 seasons were MU didnt have a recieving corps member honored, their leading pass catchers those years still received NFL tryouts or spent time on NFL teams.

Ironic that Mizzou has all these great receivers, yet the most famous catch at Faurot Field was made by a freshman from Nebraska. The Flea kicker catch. Ha!

Kinda like Nu's great history of RB's but for many Husker fans I know, the most famous run at Memorial Staduim was MU's James Wilder tossing the NE defense aside and bulling his was into the endzone to ruin T.O.'s 1978 season ;):lol:

*-spent time in the NFL

%-had NFL workouts

Kinda like Nu's great history of RB's but for many Husker fans I know, the most famous run at Memorial Staduim was MU's James Wilder tossing the NE defense aside and bulling his was into the endzone to ruin T.O.'s 1978 season ;):lol:

Cause that's the most famous run at memorial :facepalm:

*-spent time in the NFL

%-had NFL workouts

Yeah I remember that game. That was actually NU's 2nd defeat that year, so technically that game didn't really ruin their season. They still ended up in the Orange Bowl against Oklahoma whom they played twice that year (regular season and bowl season). NU's first loss was against Alabama in the season opener.

still a great season Nexus. But from all accounts from the 'old' husker fans that I know, the loss seemed worse than it really was because it followed the fist win over Oklahoma and NE looked to be a lock to play for a NC. Anyway, that is the first thing any older NE fans brings up to me when we talk NE/MU. I even had a husker DB on that 78 team tell me it was the greatest run he had ever seen. I dont know about all that. probably just the moment and situation of a back and forth game.

It was a great individual effort...and gave me something to raz nuance about.

Lord knows as a MU fan I dont have to many options. :lol::P

still a great season Nexus. But from all accounts from the 'old' husker fans that I know, the loss seemed worse than it really was because it followed the fist win over Oklahoma and NE looked to be a lock to play for a NC. Anyway, that is the first think any older NE fans brings up to me when we talk NE/MU. I even had a husker DB on that 78 team tell me it was the greatest run he had ever seen. I dont know about all that. probably just the moment and situation of a back and forth game.

It was a great individual effort...and gave me something to raz nuance about.

Lord knows as a MU fan I dont have to many options. :lol::P

I didn't mean to imply that it wasn't a great win for MU because it certainly was. But NU wouldn't have been a lock for the NC game because of their loss to Bama earlier that year. Bama ended up in the NC game with one loss against an undefeated Penn St. team. Bama upset Penn St. for the title that year.

*-spent time in the NFL

%-had NFL workouts

Yeah I remember that game. That was actually NU's 2nd defeat that year, so technically that game didn't really ruin their season. They still ended up in the Orange Bowl against Oklahoma whom they played twice that year (regular season and bowl season). NU's first loss was against Alabama in the season opener.

I’ve heard Wilder was a heck of a good RB. For Mizzou. And Wilder's little 5 yard TD run in that 1978 Mizzou-NU game was impressive. Probably not as impressive as Rick Berns’ first carry in the game. An 82 yard TD run. :)

Back to receivers, that 1978 Mizzou-NU game featured a couple of pretty good TEs—-Kellen Winslow and Junior Miller. Not many games have had that much talent at the TE position.

*-spent time in the NFL

%-had NFL workouts

I've heard Wilder was a heck of a good RB. For Mizzou. And Wilder's little 5 yard TD run in that 1978 Mizzou-NU game was impressive. Probably not as impressive as Rick Berns' first carry in the game. An 82 yard TD run. :)

Back to receivers, that 1978 Mizzou-NU game featured a couple of pretty good TEs—-Kellen Winslow and Junior Miller. Not many games have had that much talent at the TE position.

Speaking of Wilder, he has a son who is a highly touted prospect in the 2011 recruiting class. He's ranked as the 6th best prospect in the nation by Scout.

Another interesting connection to Wilder's son is 2011 Nebraska recruit, Tyler Moore. Wilder, Jr. and Moore squared off against each other in the state playoffs in Florida. The newspapers down in Tampa was buzzing about that match-up since both players are considered the best at their respective positions in Florida. Moore even wrote a short piece to the Tampa newspaper after the game telling them how to block Wilder, Jr. :lol: