Player flashing "W" with hands

I was at the game Saturday and noticed something right away of which I don't ever remember seeing before. I noticed it right when the tunnel walk was happening. Alot of players were coming out and flashing a "W" by putting thumbs together and extending index fingers. Niles Paul I saw do this a few times, even during the game after a catch. Does anyone have an idea what it means??

I was at the game Saturday and noticed something right away of which I don't ever remember seeing before. I noticed it right when the tunnel walk was happening. Alot of players were coming out and flashing a "W" by putting thumbs together and extending index fingers. Niles Paul I saw do this a few times, even during the game after a catch. Does anyone have an idea what it means??

Depends on the context in which they were using it in. It might be an inside thing that a few players conjured up together during the spring.

Otherwise the popular meaning of it in the hip-hop world is "West Side" aka the West Coast. Rappers who are from the West Coast will throw up the "W" in their videos or when posing for pictures. Then there is also variations of it used in gang signs.

Depends on the context in which they were using it in. It might be an inside thing that a few players conjured up together during the spring.

Otherwise the popular meaning of it in the hip-hop world is "West Side" aka the West Coast. Rappers who are from the West Coast will throw up the "W" in their videos or when posing for pictures. Then there is also variations of it used in gang signs.

The West side sign is made with one hand, by crossing the middle and ring fingers. Don't know what the players were doing on the field, but it wasn't that.

The West side sign is made with one hand, by crossing the middle and ring fingers. Don't know what the players were doing on the field, but it wasn't that.

There are several variations of doing it in hip-hop and gang culture. For example, Snoop Dogg folds his third finger down and raises his pinky finger along with his index and middle finger. A few other rappers have thrown the W in the way that CN Red described above. Still another variation exists where you're "flipping the bird" with both hands and then touch both middle fingers together at a 90 degree angle with thumbs up and it creates a W. Then there is the simplest way of doing it where you just extend the first three fingers up while folding your pinky and thumb.

SnoopDogg,_Caulf_6543681_600_400.jpg1266656864_nm11kx.jpg