OT Andrus Peat [Stanford Commit]

Nexus

we have to believe that peat is coming to Nebraska and to be honest it seems like for someone of such a high profile having Nebraska having us as a finalist would be big big time news... look at the last time this happened..... in fact it seems its been oddly calm in terms of Peat....... i think we all have just come to believe that Peat is gonna commit... he has to commit..... with news of other schools making moves have been quickly dismembered with pro nebraska talk (myself included) we have to believe in something for this class and peat has been our unspoken moral weapon... 'well atleast we're gonna grab Peat' is what im sure a lot of us have muttered.....

i think we are resting a lot of our hopes and psyche's too

if he dont commit?? well i dont think any of us have come to terms with that possibility

we have to believe that peat is coming to Nebraska and to be honest it seems like for someone of such a high profile having Nebraska having us as a finalist would be big big time news... look at the last time this happened..... in fact it seems its been oddly calm in terms of Peat....... i think we all have just come to believe that Peat is gonna commit... he has to commit..... with news of other schools making moves have been quickly dismembered with pro nebraska talk (myself included) we have to believe in something for this class and peat has been our unspoken moral weapon... 'well atleast we're gonna grab Peat' is what im sure a lot of us have muttered.....

i think we are resting a lot of our hopes and psyche's too

if he dont commit?? well i dont think any of us have come to terms with that possibility

This is a fantastic look at the psyche of I assume many of us.

Seems as though there are some conflicting reports.

Andrus Peat, Tempe Corona del Sol, OT. Pick: Stanford. Nebraska is the easy guess with teammate Avery Moss committed there and Andrus' brother, Todd Jr., already at Nebraska. But Andrus has a mind of his own, and every time a Stanford coach came to one of his basketball games, he was pumped up more than any other college coach in attendance. Peat took great pride in recently being accepted academically by Stanford. Todd Sr., a former Arizona Cardinals center, will give advice but he will let his son choose what is best in his heart, even if it means having to figure creative ways to see both his sons play on Saturdays. -- Richard Obert, azcentral.com

Seems as though there are some conflicting reports.

Andrus Peat, Tempe Corona del Sol, OT. Pick: Stanford. Nebraska is the easy guess with teammate Avery Moss committed there and Andrus' brother, Todd Jr., already at Nebraska. But Andrus has a mind of his own, and every time a Stanford coach came to one of his basketball games, he was pumped up more than any other college coach in attendance. Peat took great pride in recently being accepted academically by Stanford. Todd Sr., a former Arizona Cardinals center, will give advice but he will let his son choose what is best in his heart, even if it means having to figure creative ways to see both his sons play on Saturdays. -- Richard Obert, azcentral.com

I would be stoked if I got admitted to Stanford too. Doesn't mean I would necessarily want to go there.

FYI, SC just got a commitment from OT Zach Banner. Have to think that eliminates them...I think

It will be interesting who wins the Kyle Murphy sweepstakes betweee USC and Stanford.

Heard he's all Stanford which helps our decision

This makes sense as SC now has two top 50 OTs and are near there scholarship limit for the year.

SC is not a factor. This is down to us and Stanford. I've said for some time that Stanford is the team to beat here and unfortunately I still think that's true. I get the feeling that he would love to go to Nebraska, but Stanford might be too big of an opportunity for him to pass up. That and I never feel good about signing day announcements, almost never seems to go our way.

• Mavric unlocked this topic