OT Andrus Peat [Stanford Commit]

Nexus

There are some interesting things on Twitter lately with our remaining recruits. Not very promising things. I think wednesday is going to be very disappointing for husker fans. I think our staff needs a recruiting gut check. I think we need to change our strategy on it and be more aggressive. Not 1 guy committed on any official visit this yr. I'm hoping for the best wed but preparing for disappointment. Peat has to be N or it could get ugly.

Really surprised this one is still up in the air. Drinking my red kool-aid for you Mr. Peat!

It seems the longer this drags on the more "up in the air" it all is.... 4 weeks ago I was certain he was N, but now I'm wondering if it isn't Stanford....

Agreed ... and, of the ones still left I was more confident in that one. Oh well ... wait and see.

There are some interesting things on Twitter lately with our remaining recruits. Not very promising things. I think wednesday is going to be very disappointing for husker fans. I think our staff needs a recruiting gut check. I think we need to change our strategy on it and be more aggressive. Not 1 guy committed on any official visit this yr. I'm hoping for the best wed but preparing for disappointment. Peat has to be N or it could get ugly.

I believe Alexander committed on or right after his visit. Do you really think they are going to drop hints on twitter after a year long process? They are not going to hint at anything the day or 2 before, they want it to be as exciting as possible, especially the kids waiting til signing day.

Uh, he applied to Stanford. The 'S' in HYPSM.

Blah... I don't know what all of that capitalized gobbledygook means. All I know is that Nebraska is better.

Honestly, a full-ride to Stanford is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I don't believe Harvard, Yale, and Princeton give full-scholarships for athletics, which could be the reason he didn't apply to either of those schools, and MIT, if i'm not mistaken, doesn't have a football team. If I were his parent, and thankfully i'm not, i would come close to making the decision for him.

I believe Alexander committed on or right after his visit. Do you really think they are going to drop hints on twitter after a year long process? They are not going to hint at anything the day or 2 before, they want it to be as exciting as possible, especially the kids waiting til signing day.

I tend to agree with this thought process. If a kid is waiting for NSD to announce, he is wanting the suspense and drama and attention. I am not saying this is bad, because these kids have EARNED the right to have fun with the process. If I wanted to make a big deal, I would definitely not hint at where I am going, but just the opposite. If the entire gymnasium thinks I am going to Iowa and then I put on a Nebraska hat, BAM !!!

Hopefully that is what a few of these guys are doing. I can't believe that I am being optimistic.

You do realize we could have filled out this class a couple of months ago. Right? We could have filled the spots with very good guys that rated well at their respective positions. This year however we decided that we'd feel a few needs but try to focus more on athletes and then we'll find out where they fit best on the field. Most of these guys aren't going to decided until the last day. Sometimes they'll play the same spot as they did in HS but a fair amount of these guys are going to play different roles in a few years. Its similar to what we did in the 90's. It also makes it a little tougher to get a guy who thinks he should be say a QB when he'd probably play on Sundays as a DB. Or talk a guy who thinks he's an LB into the idea he'd makea better rush end. I like what they did this year. I hope they do it for a few more years as well. Pick up some spots of needs but try to fill out 1/3 to 1/2 of your class with guys who are just ballers willing to sell out for the team.

• Fire 1

I tend to agree with this thought process. If a kid is waiting for NSD to announce, he is wanting the suspense and drama and attention. I am not saying this is bad, because these kids have EARNED the right to have fun with the process. If I wanted to make a big deal, I would definitely not hint at where I am going, but just the opposite. If the entire gymnasium thinks I am going to Iowa and then I put on a Nebraska hat, BAM !!!

Hopefully that is what a few of these guys are doing. I can't believe that I am being optimistic.

Or he's delaying the decision so that when he chooses Stanford he doesn't have to listen to Husker fans for months and months - because it's a done deal. At the same time his brother/friend don't have to be heckled for months and months before signing day, because it's a done deal.

• Mavric unlocked this topic