OT Andrus Peat [Stanford Commit]

Nexus

ESPN is reporting Peat to FSU. Not sure how they know since he doesnt sign until 1:30, but that is what their insiders say

:confucius:dunno:confucius

bwahahah! That is hilarious...and a 0% chance it's true.

Thats what I thought. ESPN just going with their old tricks.

They just want to get as many eyes to watch as possible and we all know Nebraska doesn't have electricity, so they need to boost the hopes of a team that is out of it to help their ratings :sarcasm

ESPN is reporting Peat to FSU. Not sure how they know since he doesnt sign until 1:30, but that is what their insiders say

:confucius:dunno:confucius

bwahahah! That is hilarious...and a 0% chance it's true.

Thats what I thought. ESPN just going with their old tricks.

They just want to get as many eyes to watch as possible and we all know Nebraska doesn't have electricity, so they need to boost the hopes of a team that is out of it to help their ratings :sarcasm

The sarcasm icon is fine, but I sometimes wonder if there isn't a "man bites dog" quality to some of these insider predictions.

You do realize we could have filled out this class a couple of months ago. Right? We could have filled the spots with very good guys that rated well at their respective positions. This year however we decided that we'd feel a few needs but try to focus more on athletes and then we'll find out where they fit best on the field. Most of these guys aren't going to decided until the last day.

Sometimes they'll play the same spot as they did in HS but a fair amount of these guys are going to play different roles in a few years. Its similar to what we did in the 90's. It also makes it a little tougher to get a guy who thinks he should be say a QB when he'd probably play on Sundays as a DB. Or talk a guy who thinks he's an LB into the idea he'd makea better rush end. I like what they did this year. I hope they do it for a few more years as well. Pick up some spots of needs but try to fill out 1/3 to 1/2 of your class with guys who are just ballers willing to sell out for the team.

Do Peat, Curry, Valentine, Shelton, or Ford fall under this category you are talking about? They are deciding late, but not sure they aren't locked into positions on the OL, DT, and CB.

What about Imani Cross, the most recent commit?

Or other guys we are possibly remotely at play here for us, such as Lambert or Beaver?

I can see it for Fuller and Moore, maybe LeRoy Alexander - not sure he totally fits as well, as we tried to get S filled earlier, but didn't.

Aside from Moore and/or Fuller, I can't think of a "LB who should be a RDE" or "QB who should be a DB or WR" like the examples you are describing. Could you be more specific? Otherwise, it's hard to really understand your characterization of what the staff is doing.

I was being hypothetical with a player being a QB but should be a DB. Yes, Fuller falls into that group but so does Moore. I'm not saying we recruit guys listed as ATH but we will look at a guy like for example Cooper who started out as a DB and we're moving to LB. That was a common practice in the 90's. Slower DBs became LB's. LB's RE, etc. That seems to be the plan we are working toward. We knew this year we had to have 4-5 OL (may include quality walk ons) and need 2 DT 3 LB's, 2RB, 2QB's and 2-3 DBs. This year we missed on the number of DB's we wanted. It was slightly less of a concern because we do have bodies there. We can move a current player but more likely will pick up a Juco or two next year to even out the classes. The idea is 1/3 should be for guys we need someone now, 1/3 for building depth with positions you take every year and 1/3 with guys who are good athletes that can either move or provide depth but would be an upgrade from your roster. DB would be an example of needing an upgrade. The numbers are off some because of the switch in offense and needing to switch the defense for B10 play but it sounds like thats what we want to work toward. Of course that 1/3 might shift slightly from year to year in any part depending on the number of kids we can take.

The sarcasm icon is fine, but I sometimes wonder if there isn't a "man bites dog" quality to some of these insider predictions.

Yeah I know I was joking as I was typing this, but was thinking, there is probably some truth to this.

Alabama's class is ridiculous. 27 recruits, the majority of which are 4- and 5-star. How the heck are we supposed to compete with that?

pretty simple.....for now, we dont

They have two kids that are not from the South, two, that is an amazing advantage to have that much talent right there around your school.

• Mavric unlocked this topic