The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

I want to buy Tomb Raider

If/when you get the cash for it, it is well worth it. It has more in common with the Uncharted series than the old Tomb Raider games. The Lara Croft char is very well developed, not like the older games where only her boobs were. The game is very story driven, and has a good one. Its cool to play through the origin story in the reboot. I'm about 60% completion right now and have loved the game.

I can second this emotion, FWIW. Got it for free with my new Graphics Card, but I would have paid full price day one for it. A great cross of old Tomb Raider with new Uncharted-style play, mixed with a bit of stealth for good measure.

And the game is absolutely stunning to look at running on Ultra settings. Truly a next-gen game already here.

I guess I'm the only dude in here that thought Tomb Raider blew goats for nickles

I want to buy Tomb Raider

If/when you get the cash for it, it is well worth it. It has more in common with the Uncharted series than the old Tomb Raider games. The Lara Croft char is very well developed, not like the older games where only her boobs were. The game is very story driven, and has a good one. Its cool to play through the origin story in the reboot. I'm about 60% completion right now and have loved the game.

I can second this emotion, FWIW. Got it for free with my new Graphics Card, but I would have paid full price day one for it. A great cross of old Tomb Raider with new Uncharted-style play, mixed with a bit of stealth for good measure.

And the game is absolutely stunning to look at running on Ultra settings. Truly a next-gen game already here.

I guess I'm the only dude in here that thought Tomb Raider blew goats for nickles

What didn't you like? I thought it was great. I really liked the darker tone than the sometimes campy older games.

What didn't you like? I thought it was great. I really liked the darker tone than the sometimes campy older games.

It just didn't hold my interest in the least. I guess i'm being overly pragmatic, but it was pitfall with good graphics. I wasn't a fan of RE either...

I can feel the addiction starting...uh oh...

I've heard folks rave about that game, what makes it that addictive?

you really need to be a player vs player junkie to really get hooked big time. Its one of those games that is an 'eSport'

Partially, but not necessarily true at all. You probably have to be a fan of RTS games in general. It's incredibly challenging, there's a million different things to learn about it, you can always improve. There's always a part of your game you're struggling with. But there's an incredible amount of room to try different builds, different units, different strategies. I played the original a decent amount and I'm just now getting into SC2 so I have a ton of basic stuff to learn before I jump in. But you don't have to be a hardcore 1v1 ladder player, you can grab a buddy and play drunk 2v2s or do whatever your heart desires.

The competitive community is fun to follow just because, like, how the hell is anyone that good at anything. But also fun to follow for pure entertainment. Check out some Day[9] Daily videos - pretty hilarious stuff.

I have yet to really get into online play; I'm finishing the campaigns first and playing a few AI practice games. I suck pretty hard right now.

It just didn't hold my interest in the least. I guess i'm being overly pragmatic, but it was pitfall with good graphics. I wasn't a fan of RE either...

Um...technically, Uncharted and the old Tomb Raiders are essentially pitfall with guns and good graphics.

I'm sure David Crane appreciates your allegiance to his Atari 2600 Activision product, but it's 2013...let it go. :)

---

And I just beat BioShock: Infinite last night. Ending really rustled my jimmies, to say the least. Complete and utter mind f**k.

Um...technically, Uncharted and the old Tomb Raiders are essentially pitfall with guns and good graphics.

I'm sure David Crane appreciates your allegiance to his Atari 2600 Activision product, but it's 2013...let it go. :)

---

And I just beat BioShock: Infinite last night. Ending really rustled my jimmies, to say the least. Complete and utter mind f**k.

I will get around to that one sooner or later, but if you are looking for another title that leaves you thinking after the game is over, check out Spec Ops: The Line

Partially, but not necessarily true at all. You probably have to be a fan of RTS games in general. It's incredibly challenging, there's a million different things to learn about it, you can always improve. There's always a part of your game you're struggling with. But there's an incredible amount of room to try different builds, different units, different strategies. I played the original a decent amount and I'm just now getting into SC2 so I have a ton of basic stuff to learn before I jump in. But you don't have to be a hardcore 1v1 ladder player, you can grab a buddy and play drunk 2v2s or do whatever your heart desires.

The competitive community is fun to follow just because, like, how the hell is anyone that good at anything. But also fun to follow for pure entertainment. Check out some Day[9] Daily videos - pretty hilarious stuff.

I have yet to really get into online play; I'm finishing the campaigns first and playing a few AI practice games. I suck pretty hard right now.

Gonna sound uniformed here, but RTS is real time shooter? I do enjoy those, but I've seen too many that are f'ed up with micro transactions that throw off game balance...

Real Time Strategy. Not a shooter.

Think Starcraft (duh), Age of Empires, the old Warcraft games, etc (Think there was a Star Wars RTS game at some point...Age of Mythology is RTS i think?). Really there are 3 RTS games that characterize the entire genre: Starcraft, Starcraft 2, and Age of Empires 2.

Think Starcraft (duh), Age of Empires, the old Warcraft games, etc (Think there was a Star Wars RTS game at some point...Age of Mythology is RTS i think?). Really there are 3 RTS games that characterize the entire genre: Starcraft, Starcraft 2, and Age of Empires 2.

ah, gotcha...

Some of those are a mother... Trying to keep everything together logistically is a pain in the ass...

ah, gotcha...

Some of those are a mother... Trying to keep everything together logistically is a pain in the ass...

Left out Sins of a Solar Empire which is one of the best RTS's imo. Sins is less 'twitchy' than Starcraft. Multiplayer Starcraft was always a turn off for me, as it gets so focused to managing the total clicks, and super micro managing. Though Sins has more depth imo also.

• Fire 1