The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

I used to play the Modern Warfare series. Not anymore. Once my grandson got ahold of the controller it was over for me. He just turned 11 a week ago and when I watch him play, its amazing. I used to think that if people were that good, they had to be cheating somehow. Not the case, they really are that good. He has his controller setting at 10 Insane, when I try to use that all I can do is spin circles.

He is THE MAN in that game. What is really funny is you can hear older guys playing, and when he talks, he has that higher pitched voice since he so young, and you can tell it pisses them off to get abused by a kid.

IF I were 11, and had no job, no responsibilities, and got a game that I'm supposed to be 18 to play, then yes, I'd probably be really good at it too.

Cause he's the only underage kid playing. It's a FPS game bid f'n deal.

Just purchased Borderlands 2.

how does it compare to the first one?

I like the first one a little better.Pretty good game overall though. I'm not really sure how far into the game I am at this point, but I do like the way they use the old characters as support for the new ones. I will let you know more when I finish the game.

• 2 weeks later...

for you MMO geeks, check out "Neverwinter", it looks interesting...

Cryptic has a hit and miss reputation. And I would want details on the F2P part of things. In many to most cases there is a 'pay 2 win' aspect that is essentially false advertising and totally turns me off. Would rather see more devs go how Arenanet as and make it a one time buy, with real money options for convenience and appearance.

And they better be hoping the gameplay is amazing, as the screens I saw looked dated, even by MMO standards.

Cryptic has a hit and miss reputation. And I would want details on the F2P part of things. In many to most cases there is a 'pay 2 win' aspect that is essentially false advertising and totally turns me off. Would rather see more devs go how Arenanet as and make it a one time buy, with real money options for convenience and appearance.

And they better be hoping the gameplay is amazing, as the screens I saw looked dated, even by MMO standards.

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking about the graphics, but I'm one who will take a small hit on graphics for strong gameplay...

Borderlands 2 gets pretty f'ing hard near the end.

Not to mention the raid bosses that are accessible only after beating the game that you *must* beat with a team...

...and anyone else pick up Dishonored? Got it in the Steam Autumn Sale for $20, and it's a great game--a cross between Arkham Asylum and BioShock, with a strong emphasis on story and narrative.

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking about the graphics, but I'm one who will take a small hit on graphics for strong gameplay...

I'll trade it to a point. If you know you are going to be engine limited, then adjust the art style to limit the graphic limitations. like Runic did with Torchlight 2

Borderlands 2 gets pretty f'ing hard near the end.

Not to mention the raid bosses that are accessible only after beating the game that you *must* beat with a team...

...and anyone else pick up Dishonored? Got it in the Steam Autumn Sale for $20, and it's a great game--a cross between Arkham Asylum and BioShock, with a strong emphasis on story and narrative.

Have a friend that is playing it now. He will loan it to me when he is done. Said he really likes it.