Maybe Texas wants us gone

I didn't see anyone posting this but reading the other topics about this made me think....

Nebraska and missouri leaves....(colorado maybe but you can replace them with Utah or TCU or Boise)...so they have 10 teams...

As long as Texas and OU are in that conference it'll be a BCS conference. The road to the NT game could go through the red river rivalry every year. Move that matchup to the end of the season with the winner taking on the big underdog from the north (boise/utah, ku, whoever) and you've got the stage for plenty of National title games....

Texas doesn't care about a big 12 network and is going to start their own anyway...give OU a cut and the other schools don't have the value to go somewhere else they have to take the abuse. Suddenly the deal doesn't seem too bad from the Texass/OU perspective. You may lose some national respect but schedule a strong non conference game or two and you'll be an ACC/Big East conference except they have two really good teams year in and out. I mean it wasn't too long ago the pac 10 had just USC and maybe a season run by oregon. Texas money can keep the facilities up to date and the media hype pumping out their praise.

Perhaps they see this as an opportunity to get rid of the complainers and lighten their schedule. What do you guys think?

I didn't see anyone posting this but reading the other topics about this made me think....

Nebraska and missouri leaves....(colorado maybe but you can replace them with Utah or TCU or Boise)...so they have 10 teams...

As long as Texas and OU are in that conference it'll be a BCS conference. The road to the NT game could go through the red river rivalry every year. Move that matchup to the end of the season with the winner taking on the big underdog from the north (boise/utah, ku, whoever) and you've got the stage for plenty of National title games....

Texas doesn't care about a big 12 network and is going to start their own anyway...give OU a cut and the other schools don't have the value to go somewhere else they have to take the abuse. Suddenly the deal doesn't seem too bad from the Texass/OU perspective. You may lose some national respect but schedule a strong non conference game or two and you'll be an ACC/Big East conference except they have two really good teams year in and out. I mean it wasn't too long ago the pac 10 had just USC and maybe a season run by oregon. Texas money can keep the facilities up to date and the media hype pumping out their praise.

Perhaps they see this as an opportunity to get rid of the complainers and lighten their schedule. What do you guys think?

The only problem with this is that you have to have at least 12 teams to have a CCG. Which, in essence, means that the red river rivalry would in fact BE the "CCG" because UT or OU would more than likely go undefeated or go with one or two losses each year. It would be similar to how the Big 8 used to work with Oklahoma and Nebraska every year, with the winner generally winning the conference and going on to the Orange Bowl or title game.

I don't see OU staying with the remaining conference members, especially when the Texas t.v. network goes through.

The only problem with this is that you have to have at least 12 teams to have a CCG. Which, in essence, means that the red river rivalry would in fact BE the "CCG" because UT or OU would more than likely go undefeated or go with one or two losses each year. It would be similar to how the Big 8 used to work with Oklahoma and Nebraska every year, with the winner generally winning the conference and going on to the Orange Bowl or title game.

I don't see OU staying with the remaining conference members, especially when the Texas t.v. network goes through.

I think that's pretty spot-on. The Texas TV network and the yearly Conference game in Texas might be what actually could be the epitaph on the Big 12's tombstone. It's like the parents of 12 kids giving 11 of the kids a bicycle and 1 of the kids a Ferrari.

Where would OU go? Texas needs Oklahoma and vice versa, I doubt they would ever split that up.

Bring in TCU and Boise State and you actually have a better conference for football, as far as recent records go.

Big 12 will be fine with or without Nebraska and Missouri.

I think that's pretty spot-on. The Texas TV network and the yearly Conference game in Texas might be what actually could be the epitaph on the Big 12's tombstone. It's like the parents of 12 kids giving 11 of the kids a bicycle and 1 of the kids a Ferrari.

Exactly. Everything is just the culmination of Texas running a conference into the ground for their own pleasure.

I wasn't aware of the 12 team rule. I suppose you could throw in a couple more teams for that big revenue game. Why wouldn't OU stay if Texass made a deal with them?

Well, it is possible that OU might stay. In my eyes, however, I don't really see why they would want to, especially if Nebraska/Missouri leaves and Texas gets it's t.v. deal. Where does that put OU? It puts them in a conference with crap competition, Texas, and a Texas t.v. deal that really won't benefit them entirely.

But, if Texas did make the right type of deal with OU, I could see them staying. However, what does that then do for the remaining B12 schools? To me, it further separates all of the power to Texas and OU and lengthens the gap between the rest of the conference. I could see some serious turmoil if this happened.

Texas and Oklahoma are gone if Nebraska and Missouri leaves. There will be no more Big 12. There is no way it will be viable with only Texas and OU as legitimate contenders for a national title, and they would be hurt in the polls with the strength of the remaining teams in the Big 12. I would see the SEC going after both OU and Texas to strengthen their conference. Texas would negotiate a deal with the SEC to have it's own TV network and keep the profits from that network. Texas is spoiled, they believe that they are special, and should have a better deal than anyone else. They are what Notre Dame was, when they went against the NCAA and made their own TV deal.

The only hope that Beebe has of keeping this conference together, and it is a very long shot, is to convince Texas to "share the wealth" with other schools. There is a lot of animosity towards them because of the deal they presently have, and it would only get worse if they have their own TV Network.

Bottom line, I see Nebraska and Missouri heading to the Big 10 "to get their share of the pie", and the Big 12 imploding as soon as it happens.

Texas and Oklahoma are gone if Nebraska and Missouri leaves. There will be no more Big 12. There is no way it will be viable with only Texas and OU as legitimate contenders for a national title, and they would be hurt in the polls with the strength of the remaining teams in the Big 12. I would see the SEC going after both OU and Texas to strengthen their conference.

How can they improve on the perfection that exists in their own little minds?

Texas and Oklahoma are gone if Nebraska and Missouri leaves. There will be no more Big 12. There is no way it will be viable with only Texas and OU as legitimate contenders for a national title, and they would be hurt in the polls with the strength of the remaining teams in the Big 12. I would see the SEC going after both OU and Texas to strengthen their conference.

How can they improve on the perfection that exists in their own little minds?

If the Big 10 expands, I think they will feel a need, and see an opportunity to bring in some big-time schools in OU and UT. But your right, they do think they are the best conference now. In some ways they have a pretty good argument in my mind. OU and UT will only shore up that opinion of themselves. I think the SEC and the Big 10 would definitely be the power conferences at that point.

Texas and Oklahoma are gone if Nebraska and Missouri leaves. There will be no more Big 12. There is no way it will be viable with only Texas and OU as legitimate contenders for a national title, and they would be hurt in the polls with the strength of the remaining teams in the Big 12. I would see the SEC going after both OU and Texas to strengthen their conference. Texas would negotiate a deal with the SEC to have it's own TV network and keep the profits from that network. Texas is spoiled, they believe that they are special, and should have a better deal than anyone else. They are what Notre Dame was, when they went against the NCAA and made their own TV deal.

The only hope that Beebe has of keeping this conference together, and it is a very long shot, is to convince Texas to "share the wealth" with other schools. There is a lot of animosity towards them because of the deal they presently have, and it would only get worse if they have their own TV Network.

Bottom line, I see Nebraska and Missouri heading to the Big 10 "to get their share of the pie", and the Big 12 imploding as soon as it happens.

But it seems that UT/OU/TAM and Okie Lite are tied at the hip due to politics, etc. If Okie Lite and OU aren't AAU, where can they go? I don't know that the Pac-10 would take them....and Stanford would absolutely have to be forced or bought off to allow it.

If the ACC and Pac-10 form the alliance, which Scott has mentioned, then what? UT has to "suck it up" and go to the SEC and take at minimum TAM and break the ties with OU, unless OU can get out of having to take Okie Lite with them. I believe I read where that is a legal requirement or something.

Of course if I'm the SEC, I try to preemptively raid the ACC to make it less attractive to the Pac-10. That would reduce the payouts per team unless they can renegotiate their current deals that are pretty fresh. Maybe a conference line up change could force that deal to be reworked...depending on if the teams you add will deliver the goods.

From reading the deal with the Big East mess between it's football and hoops, they seem likely to be raided by more than the Big 10 for football.

KU/KSU are bound by the same deal that OU and Okie Lite are, I believe I saw a Jayhawk fan post on this site or HI's free board. KSU isn't AAU either that I saw.

Interesting times, indeed...

THE TEXAS NETWORK: SUDDENLY SOUNDING GOOD

maddendoitagain_medium.jpg

by Spencer Hall on May 18, 2010 11:48 AM EDT

Please say that if Texas starts its own sports network, the following elements will all be included:

LIFTIN' STUFF WITH JEFF MADDEN. Just this picture on the screen for thirty minutes while Ministry's "N.W.O" plays:

You'll lift something out of fear. Pure, spine-tingling fear. After you've power cleaned your coffee table for thirty straight minutes, you'll be shocked at the muscle definition and explosive fast-twitch power you'll have acquired.

MACK BROWN SELLS sh#t. Of all the coaches currently working in NCAA D-1 football, no one would simply dominate a home shopping show like Mack Brown. Selling Texas-related gear would be simple. Instead, have Mack Brown sell items pulled from his garage at random. Better still: have him sell items pulled from Ricky Williams' garage at random. You didn't know you needed five books on ayurveda bundled with an old Dreamcast, but when he flashed that smile and said he'd throw in one disc of Shenmue for free, you grabbed for the phone without even asking why...

THE RICKY WILLIAMS MOVIE SHOW OR NOT WHATEVER. This show really could happen, and it would be spectacular. Ricky, a couch, and MST3K grade movies. And while we don't want to insinuate anything, there might be some medicinal improvements that accompany the show okay you'll be high as f#*k when watching it.

BEVO ON THE TOWN. Just take Bevo out on a leash in public places and see what he eats. Again: you'd watch it for way longer than you think.

POM SQUAD HOUSE: The highest rated show, and for all the wrong reasons.

COLT 'N JORDAN: Were you actually to broadcast this show about the two roommates splitting an apartment located in Columbus so they could continue to be roommates despite playing in Cincy and Cleveland--a scenario we just made up--it would garner high ratings until people tired of watching them play catch with a Nerf football in their apartment, an activity we estimate makes up 85% of their leisure schedule. The other 15% would be fruitless, sad fishing in the Olentangy.

ENDLESS RERUNS OF THE FOLLOWING: Dallas, Walker, Texas Ranger, King of the Hill, Friday Night Lights, Beavis and Butthead, and Austin City Limits.

AUSTIN IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN [iNSERT YOUR TOWN HERE]: Hosted by local hipster mainstay Wilton Burden, AISMBTIYTH will feature Wilton going to your town, finding the good things there, and then complaining about how much better this thing in Austin is while bitching about how much he has to pay for Shiner Bock in a bottle while sporting some kind of "ironic nod to Waylon Jennings" beard and complaining about how much your music scene sucks no matter where you live.

We started this as parody, but now that we've started, this...this has legs, dammit.

• Fire 2