SIGNED CB Charles Jackson

Yea Arch was right, John Talman was on HI radio this morning and said Jacksons dad told him that Texas will not be getting a visit, it was just a rumor over on RSS.

Believe the WHorns are looking to close with linemen anyways. They sitting decent with Rasco and another guy(Alexander) and are trying to poach an OLineman from one of their neighbors

Yea Arch was right, John Talman was on HI radio this morning and said Jacksons dad told him that Texas will not be getting a visit, it was just a rumor over on RSS.

Believe the WHorns are looking to close with linemen anyways. They sitting decent with Rasco and another guy(Alexander) and are trying to poach an OLineman from one of their neighbors

I think they swung and missed with Rasco, but Brandon Alexander looks like a real legit possibility. I think I read they will try and push Spencer Drango, a 4 star OT that has been committed to baylor for some time now. LaRaven Clark is also a possibility for the Whorns.

I think they swung and missed with Rasco, but Brandon Alexander looks like a real legit possibility. I think I read they will try and push Spencer Drango, a 4 star OT that has been committed to baylor for some time now. LaRaven Clark is also a possibility for the Whorns.

LaRaven told the Texas staff to get bent and is staying aRe Raider. Drango is interesting as he is still solid to Baylor but may give in to a lot of people pressuring to become a Whorn(Christ let a damn kid make his own decision). Alexander probably is the only lock out of the crop, but who knows with Rasco, Mack was in home with him on Thursday. Saying they missed since he didn't commit then, is like saying we missed with Peat. Rasco has been very quiet the whole process. He is in Gainsville this weekend, and LSU has only one other DE commit. Never bet against the homestatee school(as if their class isn't loaded enough), but I think there is a slight chance the Horns can get him. A lot of $$$ down there.

LaRaven told the Texas staff to get bent and is staying aRe Raider. Drango is interesting as he is still solid to Baylor but may give in to a lot of people pressuring to become a Whorn(Christ let a damn kid make his own decision). Alexander probably is the only lock out of the crop, but who knows with Rasco, Mack was in home with him on Thursday. Saying they missed since he didn't commit then, is like saying we missed with Peat. Rasco has been very quiet the whole process. He is in Gainsville this weekend, and LSU has only one other DE commit. Never bet against the homestatee school(as if their class isn't loaded enough), but I think there is a slight chance the Horns can get him. A lot of $$$ down there.

The horns might make a push for Rasco, but in the end the home state school will not miss on him. LSU has been on Rasco for a long long time, and I dont see him leaving home, especially when they whiffed on Ray Drew. But hey, we are talking about 17-18 year old kids. Who knows?

Keep one eye open. Texas might make a late push.

Texas "doesnt want him"

I'll tell yall a conversation that I was able to hear a fews months back ...... Texas wanted him!!!

I don't think Texas wanted him. He grew up a Texas fan. I know this for a fact.

Either something went awry with Texas recruiting him, or they did not want him.

Doesn't matter what Texas felt earlier in the process. We shouldn't talk about this in the past tense yet, as that process isn't over yet. If he grew up a Texas fan, and Texas wants him now, it could be a problem. As speed said, something to keep an eye on.

I was able to attend what was more or less a dream school for me. But they didn't want me at first. They took me off their Waitlist all the way in May, after I'd already put in a deposit to another school and everything. I was happy to make the switch anyway.

Everyone's different of course, but it could be a real worry.

per Scout.com

Posted by: Ahmard Vital, Texas Scout

at Tues 2/1/2011 11:12 AM ET

After the Arkansas coaches, which included coach Bobby Petrino came down to visit Charles Jackson for an in-home visit recently, the Nebraska coaches came the next day. "He's going to Nebraska," Jackson's father said.

Rick Parker, Charles' father said that sealed the deal for his son and his commitment to Nebraska. It was all about the relationship with the Husker coaches.

PLAYER CARD: Charles Jackson | | #2 CB | Klein (Tx.) Collins