Bad Calls

Miami got jobbed. I hated Miami, but it was obvious to anyone that watched the game/play.

The William Floyd fumble that was ruled a TD.

I also seem to remember a really bad call against Washington in 91 or 92. A long Nebraska TD run was called back as the back was ruled to have gone out of bounds. Replay showed he never came close. Perhaps my memory is incorrect.

I think it was right for Selig to not rescind on Joyce's call and give Gallaragga his perfect game. I'm all for the call being changed right then and there, like if they were able to take the time to look at it and get the call right right afterwards. But to spend the extra day on it, don't think that'd sit well with me, especially since he faced one more batter afterwards.

Joyce missed the call, but until the MLB implements some type of replay system for specifically these types of plays, then you have to accept some things. You don't have to like them, they're just going to happen.

I think it was right for Selig to not rescind on Joyce's call and give Gallaragga his perfect game. I'm all for the call being changed right then and there, like if they were able to take the time to look at it and get the call right right afterwards. But to spend the extra day on it, don't think that'd sit well with me, especially since he faced one more batter afterwards.

Joyce missed the call, but until the MLB implements some type of replay system for specifically these types of plays, then you have to accept some things. You don't have to like them, they're just going to happen.

Definitely agree with the comment about not changing the call. Every part of the game in the past has been about humans, basically making human error possible in every circumstance throughout the game. Crazy it just happened during a perfect game with two outs in the ninth. Selig did do the right thing by not overturning the call. I believe that if he did overturn it, you would have people doubting whehter or not it was a perfect game because he did indeed face 28 batters. We all know in our heads that it was a perfect game though.

i don't remember the game...but i remember there was a football game where the team who had the ball was down by 2 and they called a run playt late in the game and the halfback sprung loose down the side line and ran all the way to the endzone nobody really near him and was called out...replay showed that the guy wasn't even a yard within out of bounds(this was before instant replay)

But this was one of those rare instances where changing the call wouldn't have had a "potential" affect on the rest of the game. There were two outs in the bottom of the 9th when the call was missed, so he wouldn't have had to face that extra batter had the right call been made. It's not like it would have affected the overall outcome of the game to reverse the ruling since the game would have been done and over with that out.