Enough!

i think it's disingenuous to say that this Big 10 thing is about boosting academic reputation and that we make a move based on that.

This is about one thing: we don't feel appreciated.

because of that, we're being emotional, and we may well make a decision based on emotion. and you get yourself in trouble when you do that.

the big 10 might indeed be a great deal for NU for academics, but it is highly debatable whether it will be good for our athletics. it's a big question mark and only time will tell.

but let's stop with all of the academics b.s. If NU was about academics first, we would have long since petitioned to join the Ivy League.

NU is a football factory. We all know it and we love it. and it's going to suck big time if we aren't any more. and I see the Big 10 as a one way ticket to football irrelevance, and sooner than later. and that makes me sad. call me simple.

Your receiving much hate here, haha, but I agree 100% with you.

When others say that emotions will not factor into the big guys' desicion.. thats false. Theyre human too, when we don't feel we have respect, we will jump ship for it (B12 to B10), but who knows if we'll make that jump. Just because the ppl in control are not Internet forum lurkers does not mean they may make a mistake here - no matter how much they calculate this, there will be some risk, and that risk could very well send us into a tailspin. They are still money grubbing whores with decision skills that are far from perfect. Big 12, please survive.

Nobody hates him for his opinion. There are just far more that feel the other way so he's getting ganged up on.

Its good though, to have someone at least questioning this whole idea. People are literally running with it, acting as if its such a positive move. Theres going to be much risk involved - I myself don't want to risk the Cornhusker's relevance in football.

The bottom line: The new thing always seems more attractive, but when the dust settles, it Might not be that way.

Sure but we've been discussing this for months and it's the same reasons for and against. Bottom-line it's not our decision anyway. It's just fun to talk about. I guess with Redneck I just have to laugh because he makes it sound so doomsday. We survived Bill Callahan. We'll survive in the big10. It may not be the best move. Only time would tell. But we have an opportunity to make history and to me the potential gains are well worth the risk. I don't feel like the big12 has been some kind of amazing deal for us and obviously the University feels the same way or they wouldn't even entertain these rumors.

I would rather see us battle on the field with our conference members than bicker and be made out to be the bad guy because we are doing exactly what texass is...looking out for #1.

• Fire 1

Nobody hates him for his opinion. There are just far more that feel the other way so he's getting ganged up on.

Its good though, to have someone at least questioning this whole idea. People are literally running with it, acting as if its such a positive move. Theres going to be much risk involved - I myself don't want to risk the Cornhusker's relevance in football.

The bottom line: The new thing always seems more attractive, but when the dust settles, it Might not be that way.

The problem with your ideas is the fact that we are on a sinking ship and we need to strike while the iron is hot. This conference is being destroyed from the inside out because everyone is too afraid to piss off Texas and Nebraska is too nice to say anything. I would love to be that guy. "How does Nebraska feel?" says Dan Beebe. "We, as a University, Athletic Department, and State as a whole feel that Texas can get fvcked by a hot poker. Have a good time bailing water out of this place. I would rather drink terpentine and p!ss on a brush fire than spend one more minute associated with this criminal front for Texas known as the Big 12. Eat sh#t and die. Sincerely, Nebraska."

The Big 12 is destined to fail, and the ego trip coming from the state of Texas is absolutely unacceptable. Just like the asshat that came on here, they all have such a high opinion of themselves. Pretty high and mighty for a place that failed as a country and is losing its wealth as a state. With the influx of low income migrant workers and their families into Texas many of the wealthy of Texas are moving to Arizona. The new bill in AZ has a lot of something to do with that.

If you look closely, Texas kind of looks like an old sombrero that Mexico is wearing. Funny that Mexico's stinky old hat thinks their sh#t doesn't stink.

• Fire 2

When others say that emotions will not factor into the big guys' desicion.. thats false. Theyre human too, when we don't feel we have respect, we will jump ship for it (B12 to B10), but who knows if we'll make that jump. Just because the ppl in control are not Internet forum lurkers does not mean they may make a mistake here - no matter how much they calculate this, there will be some risk, and that risk could very well send us into a tailspin. They are still money grubbing whores with decision skills that are far from perfect. Big 12, please survive.

You really think Tom Osborne is going to let himself get carried away by his emotions?

You're new to Husker fandom, right?

You really think Tom Osborne is going to let himself get carried away by his emotions?

You really think you should be a MOD and be so arrogant? I've got the same concerns as C-4.

This is going to be a mistake and 4 years down the road when we're busting our arses to break .500 I expect you to man up and swallow that sort of b.s.

I'm glad I'm not like you.

Yep this is my biggest concern. Stay and rot or get out while we're on the rise and a hot commodity...

Exactly and if for some reason Texas goes to the Big 10 (I know, not likely given all of the Pac-10 rumors) I would have no problem with it. I love the fire and competition they bring, just not the political BS.

You really think you should be a MOD and be so arrogant? I've got the same concerns as C-4.

This is going to be a mistake and 4 years down the road when we're busting our arses to break .500 I expect you to man up and swallow that sort of b.s.

Nothing in the MOD handbook says I can't speak my mind.

And Texas may have a hard time breaking .500 in four years, but frankly, I don't care. That'll be your concern.

Take it easy champ. No reason to get all out of whack here.

But honestly, what has the Big XII done for us since we joined that we couldn't do ourselves? Beebe couldn't run a gas station let alone the Big XII. He is incompetent and the only way we should stay is if he goes and Texas gives some concessions on things. Otherwise, we should just wash our hands of them. You can slap a Nebraska man a few times, but there will be a point where he won't take it anymore and knock you on your behind. This ultimatum we just got, to most of us, is the last slap we are going to take from these clowns. You call it emotion, but I call it not putting up with their sh#t anymore.

I was around just long enough to witness the end of the Big8. Sure, I am not as old as some others, but EVERY single older fan I've talked to on the expansion are against joining the Big 10 for many reasons: tradition, chances of success etc. I have a hard time believing TO will be factored by anything as much as he will be with the money, and the dollar certainly does not equal a better football team. Like it or not, Tom is human, he is not immune to making mistakes (the same goes with all of our chairmen) so please, allow me the right to be concerned over Nebraska Footballs' future - I would sure hate to see it go down the tubes because of money or clouded judgements/miscalculated chances.

Nothing in the MOD handbook says I can't speak my mind.

And Texas may have a hard time breaking .500 in four years, but frankly, I don't care. That'll be your concern.

Frankly, it won't. Never been to a Texas game, other than several against the Huskers, in my life.

No problem with speaking your mind; I just think everyone could do without the insults. I love the Huskers as much as anyone on the planet. I've seen them play over 120 times - in person. I've seen them play in 3 national championship games. I don't think I'm uninformed.

Take it easy champ. No reason to get all out of whack here.

But honestly, what has the Big XII done for us since we joined that we couldn't do ourselves? Beebe couldn't run a gas station let alone the Big XII. He is incompetent and the only way we should stay is if he goes and Texas gives some concessions on things. Otherwise, we should just wash our hands of them. You can slap a Nebraska man a few times, but there will be a point where he won't take it anymore and knock you on your behind. This ultimatum we just got, to most of us, is the last slap we are going to take from these clowns. You call it emotion, but I call it not putting up with their sh#t anymore.

I think the Big 12 is royally mismanaged, so we are on the same page there.

I also think Nebraska has become increasingly thin-skinned. No matter the action, seems as though everyone says "That's it...last straw!"

If Nebraska wasn't highly valued by the conference, no ultimatum would have been delivered.

And if no ultimatum had been delivered, we all would have been crying "They don't even care enough that we're considering leaving!"

There is nothing the Conference could do now to please us, and I think the other members are well aware of that and have resigned themselves that this 14 year run is over. It's been a good one overall, even for Nebraska. Though we shouldn't have fired a guy who batted .750 and replaced him with a clown.

Hope it all turns out. The horse left the barn

We're moving to the Big 10 if the invite comes. Our feelings are hurt too bad, and we're too sensitive now to judge anything rationally at all.

Hope it turns out.

That would make sense. There's also the fact that Notre Dame is the pinnacle Catholic university in America, and gets a tremendous amount of support from many of those folks. 68 million Catholics is a lot of people buying merchandise and watching your games and donating to your University, even if it's only a percentage of them.

You forgot to add that NBC ships truck loads of cash to ND to host their games on national tv.