Enough!

Why is Nebraska even considering a move away from the Big 12?

We are going to the get the shaft. And I don't understand why we're supposed to be so enthusiastic about that.

Nebraska fans and admin are mad because we don't get fair treatment? Huh?

Why, is it because Texas screwed us in the title game? Our offense did that.

Is it because the title game is in Dallas instead of KC? Seriously?

Is it because Texas and Oklahoma are taking over? Hey, we're coming back under Bo.

I keep hearing the same tired lines...Texas gets favored treatment.

Currently the Huskers have a great division when it comes to reaching the title game. We could be one of the Big 3 in the Big 12 really soon. Isn't it good that two of those teams, OU and Texas, have to play each other every year?

If we go to the Big 10, we are looking at being fourth or fifth fiddle.

Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State would all have more pull in the league. We would be the new kids on the block. And if Notre Dame joins, well, if you think you saw arrogant from Texas, you ain't seen nothing yet. And, oh yea, Texas might even follow us into the new league, and, with our luck, division matchups might have us playing the Horns every year.

Yea, all this just makes me very excited.....NOT

Oh, no one gets preference in the Big Ten. Michigan is down below us in pretty much every sport right now except maybe basketball. Ohio State is the only dominant one there. If we get put outside of the Michigan-Ohio State tandem, it's not much different than our current approach. Play one of them each year and play the other in the title game like we do OU and Texas.

Really, the real reason to move is the CIC. We'd be stupid as an INSTITUTION (not an athletic department) to turn down billions in research funding.

What kind of competitor are you?

How could you NOT want to play Texass or OU every year? Or whoever is considered the toughest that particular season?

That's why I was initially against the move..For Football (the main sport I care about) it's hard not to think of the Big Televen as being one of the weaker conferences..But the benefit to our academics side more than makes up for it.

What kind of competitor are you?

How could you NOT want to play Texass or OU every year? Or whoever is considered the toughest that particular season?

That's why I was initially against the move..For Football (the main sport I care about) it's hard not to think of the Big Televen as being one of the weaker conferences..But the benefit to our academics side more than makes up for it.

OU and Texas are at the top, but OSU and Penn State aren't exactly far behind. The perception that the Big 10 gets because of Ohio State losing title games is questionable IMO.

The Big 12 is 2-5 in the BCS title game, the Big 10 is 1-2, not a significant difference.

Ohio States 2 losses came by 27 and 14 for an average of 20.5 per loss.

The Big 12's losses have been by 23, 7, 36, 10 and 16 for an average of 18.4 per game, not exactly a huge difference.

If you want to play the best, play the SEC, they are 6-0 in the title game, as many wins as the other 5 conferences combined.

Spreading out the Big 10 leads with 21 BCS appearances amongst 7 of their 11 schools. They are 10-11 in BCS games compared to 7-10 for the Big 12.

The fact that some argue against the move in fear that we will be in a conference with more competition should prove the myth about the big10 being the weaker of the big conferences false. They are right up there with the big12 and pac10. To me the competition is a lateral move just different styles. Hard nosed vs finesse.

The fact that some argue against the move in fear that we will be in a conference with more competition should prove the myth about the big10 being the weaker of the big conferences false. They are right up there with the big12 and pac10. To me the competition is a lateral move just different styles. Hard nosed vs finesse.

If that's the case, why is the Big 10 not winning the NC? Why are the participants almost aways from the south and west? Let's see, I remember an OSU team back a few years ago, but not much of anything else. The Big 10 is inferior, and I agree with the OP.

The OP is dead on. We are acting all smug and cocky and if the Big 12 members accept that Pac 10 offer, guess what, all the sudden our pucker factor goes way up. There are NO GUARANTEES that the Big 10 is going to extend us an invite, and even if they did, there are NO GUARANTEES that is an improvement over the Big 12. To the CONTRARY.

Cockiness will burn you every time, and we'd better get our s#@t together fast before we totally screw this pooch.

If that's the case, why is the Big 10 not winning the NC? Why are the participants almost aways from the south and west? Let's see, I remember an OSU team back a few years ago, but not much of anything else. The Big 10 is inferior, and I agree with the OP.

Ahem, the last time I looked, Nebraska is not from the south or the west - so your arguement is that NU will never win another MNC, no matter what conference?

But wait, there is another solution:

post-5214-127576398457.jpg

Oh, no one gets preference in the Big Ten. Michigan is down below us in pretty much every sport right now except maybe basketball. Ohio State is the only dominant one there. If we get put outside of the Michigan-Ohio State tandem, it's not much different than our current approach. Play one of them each year and play the other in the title game like we do OU and Texas.

Really, the real reason to move is the CIC. We'd be stupid as an INSTITUTION (not an athletic department) to turn down billions in research funding.

This

It's the UNIVERSITY of Nebraska, the school would be WAY better-off in the 10. That is ultimately why we'll likely jump if offered.

I don't believe recruitment will be an issue. Nebraska was recruiting in TX, FL, and CA while they were in the Big 8 and they will recruit in those areas if they leave to the Big 10 (and up here in Seattle there was talk about switching CO and NEB in the PAC 10 invites).

Where ever Nebraska ends up, they will succeed because of the school prestige.

You're kidding right? Texas won in 05...Ohio state won in 02. Don't act like the big12 is lightyears ahead. I believe Texas lost in the title game an OU before that. Where's our reputation at with title games?

The OP is dead on. We are acting all smug and cocky and if the Big 12 members accept that Pac 10 offer, guess what, all the sudden our pucker factor goes way up. There are NO GUARANTEES that the Big 10 is going to extend us an invite, and even if they did, there are NO GUARANTEES that is an improvement over the Big 12. To the CONTRARY.

Cockiness will burn you every time, and we'd better get our s#@t together fast before we totally screw this pooch.

There are no guarantees that anyone gets invited anywhere, including the rumored six teams invited to the Pac-10. Judging by the standards of the Pac-10 and the Big 10, it seems far more likely that Nebraska will get invited to the Big 10 than all six teams, including OU, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech, will get invited to the Pac-10. Tying schools into package deals due to political maneuvering doesn't make the host conference happy - just ask Stanford. Further, all ten Pac-10 schools have to agree to allow all six of those rumored teams to join or that whole scenario is dead in the water, and Stanford has very little interest in schools like Texas Tech, OU and Okie Light, none of which are AAU schools.

Nebraska, however, is an AAU school, along with Missouri, Kansas, Texas and aTm. That makes schools like Nebraska and Missouri very attractive to a conference like the Big 10, as does Missouri's population base and Nebraska's national following, both of whom would draw large ratings for the BTN.

Again, you seem very uninformed about what's going on. Sometimes it's best to listen more than speak.

• Fire 1

There are no guarantees that anyone gets invited anywhere, including the rumored six teams invited to the Pac-10. Judging by the standards of the Pac-10 and the Big 10, it seems far more likely that Nebraska will get invited to the Big 10 than all six teams, including OU, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech, will get invited to the Pac-10. Tying schools into package deals due to political maneuvering doesn't make the host conference happy - just ask Stanford. Further, all ten Pac-10 schools have to agree to allow all six of those rumored teams to join or that whole scenario is dead in the water, and Stanford has very little interest in schools like Texas Tech, OU and Okie Light, none of which are AAU schools.

Nebraska, however, is an AAU school, along with Missouri, Kansas, Texas and aTm. That makes schools like Nebraska and Missouri very attractive to a conference like the Big 10, as does Missouri's population base and Nebraska's national following, both of whom would draw large ratings for the BTN.

Again, you seem very uninformed about what's going on. Sometimes it's best to listen more than speak.

:yeah

Boom.

:yeah

Boom.

sometimes it's best to not assume someone isn't enlightened just because they don't agree with you. :nanalama