Nebraska Football & The Big 12

JGS30

rofl@OP

Despite the utterly ridiculous guilt trip trying to be laid down here, I do still feel bad for Kansas in this situation. But anyway, Nebraska will look out for itself. We don't owe you anything, nor do you owe us anything. Get over yourselves, ffs.

For Football's Sake? :)

...Yeah, exactly!

That said, just to add, I don't exactly want Nebraska to be in the Big 10. But if we go, we go, We'll all keep watching our football team play. I do agree Kansas will end up alright, though. If not, there is always I-AA.

I didn't like the Big-8 going to the Big-12, but I knew it was about the money even back then.

I listened to what Tom O, was saying about Texas and he was so right and still is on that point. No one else from our Big-8 days has done any thing to help keep Texas from taking over the conference. It will not get any better if Texas gets their own TV net work, and won't share any of the revenue from it. Texas is looking out for Texas, and is willing to stand on the backs of the rest of the teams in the conference to get what they want. So don't blame Nebraska for looking out for it self, sure can't expect our old friends from the Big-8 years to help.

As far as Kansas, I to always have had a soft spot for their program, and rooted for them to do well. I do feel bad for Turner Gill in all this. He just got a job where he can show the rest of the country what kind of a coach he is, given time to build that program his way, and now this. I will miss seeing us play the old friends that made up the Big-8, and seeing us getting to the point that we would be getting the best of Texas, in the next few years. Its been a bumpy ride but I see it smoothing out soon. It might be a tougher road to hoe, but Nebraska never has backed down from a challenge.

GBR!!!

We all hate Texas and the control and power they have in this league. That fact is established. IMO, it stinks that we might chuck 100 years of tradition to get back at them for our current disgruntlements.

And yes, our annual games vs KU have never had the rivalry feel to them like versus other opponents, but I've never had a problem with them or their program and think they are getting the shaft, not being able to choose the future of their program.

When the Big XII took over the Big 8, tradition went out the window, because Oklahoma refused to play us every year. Let's just blame them....

Seriously, I blame the people in Texas, they are trying to monopolize the Big 12, the last proof of that was keeping the championship game in Dallas. Doing that was nothing more than a ploy to make it a home game for the South.

My attitude at this point is "Screw the Big XII". The people in Texas are trying like hell to take advantage of every situation to have an advantage over the Northern teams. Let them go to the PAC 10, good riddance - They deserve to be out there.

You guys can feel sorry all you want for KU, but my sympathy goes to Iowa State. KU will land in a decent situation because of its basketball program. Do to this, KState will also land in a similar decent situation because it will be connected to KU's hip. Iowa State on the other hand is hands down screwed. CU if left at the alter because of Baylor almost fits into the Mountain West due to its location. Iowa State just doesn't seem to fit in anywhere considering its location.

You guys can feel sorry all you want for KU, but my sympathy goes to Iowa State. KU will land in a decent situation because of its basketball program. Do to this, KState will also land in a similar decent situation because it will be connected to KU's hip. Iowa State on the other hand is hands down screwed. CU if left at the alter because of Baylor almost fits into the Mountain West due to its location. Iowa State just doesn't seem to fit in anywhere considering its location.

Geographically speaking, Iowa St. would fit best in the MAC.

Nothing against JGS30, But KU has looked out for only themselves for years. I didnt see KU or any school for that matter do anything that wasnt a direct possitive impact for ol' #1. To ask NE or MU or anyone to give up an opportunity to add great gains to their university and atheletics programs so that your team/university doestn suffer is just silly. NU and MU should and will both thank their stars if they are big10 bound. If Bo hadnt turned things around I am not sure NE is in the converstation and if GP hadnt got MU going to bowls every year I know they wouldnt be either. Both of those schools put themselves in their current situations buy spending money and working hard. Mu finally has started to take advantage of the benifits that were available and just in time by the look of things.

It sucks that teams that have played in some of the longest running series of all time will be splitting ways. But it also sucks to win head to head and win the division and be ranked higher in ever poll and get left out of the BCS for a team that finished behind you in everything. So JGS30 again, no hard feelings, but if KU gets left in the dust, big f'in deal.

Nothing against JGS30, But KU has looked out for only themselves for years. I didnt see KU or any school for that matter do anything that wasnt a direct possitive impact for ol' #1. To ask NE or MU or anyone to give up an opportunity to add great gains to their university and atheletics programs so that your team/university doestn suffer is just silly. NU and MU should and will both thank their stars if they are big10 bound. If Bo hadnt turned things around I am not sure NE is in the converstation and if GP hadnt got MU going to bowls every year I know they wouldnt be either. Both of those schools put themselves in their current situations buy spending money and working hard. Mu finally has started to take advantage of the benifits that were available and just in time by the look of things.

It sucks that teams that have played in some of the longest running series of all time will be splitting ways. But it also sucks to win head to head and win the division and be ranked higher in ever poll and get left out of the BCS for a team that finished behind you in everything. So JGS30 again, no hard feelings, but if KU gets left in the dust, big f'in deal.

i still think that the reason missouri is geting picked is for a combo of football and basketball...mizzou has a good history as of recently with men's basketball success...missouri football alone i don't think is the reason they are going to the big 10...if this happens

Oh good grief get over it. I never said we completely made you what you are. The original Big 6 & 8 Conference helped. Never said we made you completely. Fine, leave the Big 12, but don't come crawling back when Michigan & Ohio State run things. There's a bully in every playground junior. I'd advise standing up to them, rather than running.

Perhaps your institution should do that. Stand up to texass. Tell them they owe it to the original big8 because they had no home after destroying their conference. Why should this be our fight? We tried to fight it from day 1.

Hell you can't even get the Longhorns to admit this. According to the TX hype machine, the Big 12 was formed only after TU was kind enough to allow the SWC to merge with the Big 8. :facepalm:

But hey, as folks are so fond of saying in these parts, "Never let the truth get in the way of a great story". (especially when that story makes TU look like the hero.) :hookerhorns

i still think that the reason missouri is geting picked is for a combo of football and basketball...mizzou has a good history as of recently with men's basketball success...missouri football alone i don't think is the reason they are going to the big 10...if this happens

That plays, but only a little. Football and TV sets are the only reason expansion is even being discussed and the only reason IMHO that MU is even considered is they are competitive in football and have nearly 7 million people in the state. I am honest enough to know what MU is, they are a decent program. Pretty good at MBB now and pretty good at FB. Not elite by any measure. What will be the deal maker if it happens though is being decent, with alot of TV sets to collect fees on.

This whole situation boils down money. The biggest reason by far the Big 12 is about too fall is apart is the all mighty dollar. The Big 10 and the Pac 10 are waving around the prospect of making huge amounts of cash. The only way for the Big 12 too survive is too find a viable system that would work. If Texas and all others would drop their demand for their own privet network and support the Big 12 network and have equal revenue sharing, I think there would be a 90% chance the Big 12 would stay together, and I think that would be in Nebraska's best interest. Why leave for the Big 10 if we can make about as much money in the Big 12. Nebraska has turned the corner under BO and I believe we would play in most Big 12 championship games under his coaching. Why would we ever want to give up a sure thing such as that. Sure we could compete well in the Big 10, but with an expanded conference our road is much harder. Ask yourself which path would get Nebraska getting too a BCS game or even the MNC game, the Big 12 north, or Big 10 west. I don't think the it's even close, the easiest road is the Big 12 north. Lets not cut off our nose to save our face. Don't let our emotions get in the way of whats best for Nebraska.

I guess what bothers me about the KU plea is I bet most of the fans that are mad at us and telling us we should "do the right thing" and stay...if the big12 breaks and an opportunity comes up for Ku to join big10 or Bigeast and ksu insisted they bring them along....you know the jayhawk fans would want them kicked to the curb if it meant they might not get the invite. Double standard.

Goshhh. I bet you wish you could take this back Fro Daddy. The Big 10 left MU in the dust. Welcome back to reality my friend!! Funny thing is, it was never a reality that MI was going to be a part of the Big 10. They dragged you along for a ride! No hard feelings though,I mean, as you put it, you gotta do what you gotta do and look out for #1. But sometimes, you get burned! I would be pretty mad if I were an MU fan. Thank God I'm not!!