Colorado Rivalry? Can We Finally Put It To Bed

With us supposedly joining the Big 10 tomorrow, I'm sure our future schedules will not include games with out current Big 12 members (I'm sure Dr. Tom would probably avoid putting teams like Colorado, Oklahoma on our OOC schedule as in-conference games are tough enough). What I am asking is this: With our move to the Big 10, is the annual CU/NU post-Thanksgiving day game done? Can we now finally forget about Colorado?

Colorado is so far in the shitter right now, declaring this quasi-rivalry dead is a Johnny come lately moment.

dead

Noooo kidding. This thing was a rivalry to everyone except Nebraska. I'm glad that the attempt of (the media? Colorado? who knows?) to turn this into one failed. People just despised Colorado and not in the way that one despises a rival, more like the way that people despise the teenage neighborhood vandal.

It maakes me feel a whole lot better knowing that I wont have to make anymore trips to Boulder and watch all of those Hippies throw things around the stadium. I'm actually pumped for a new rivalry wether its PSU, Iowa, OSU.

you know now that it's dead I'm really kinda sad to see it go.....Oh jesus no I can't believe I could keep a strait face while typing that lololololol :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound

lol...I don't know how any Husker fan can be sad to see this "rivalry" die. can't be anywhere near the importance of us losing the NU/OU rivalry at the end of every season in the Big 8

Regardless of personal fan base feelings towards Colorado, any post-Thanksgiving Day games with Colorado are done. Realistically speaking, it doesn't make sense to continue to play them.

Plus, Nebraska has usually been a team that preferred to knock the OOC out early and then focus only on the conference schedule. My honest guess is that Iowa will become our new post-Thanksgiving Day game. We will never, ever to play an old Big 8/Big 12 foe yearly again unless that foe goes to the B10.

Yeah, even though the rivalry thing is a stretch, you have to admit that CU played us closer than they should have for several years there. They gave us a pretty good game last year. Even though they really sucked for most of the year.

Yeah, even though the rivalry thing is a stretch, you have to admit that CU played us closer than they should have for several years there. They gave us a pretty good game last year. Even though they really sucked for most of the year.

This post is correct. Call it what you want, but CU's goal was to beat NU each and every year. I suppose that is everyone's goal as well, to win every game, but CU beating NU made their season.