Happy Jayhawk....

jayhawk

Here's the thing that interests me. So Texas starts their own network. I will assume it will be based on the Big Ten's model which has proven to be successful. The rest of the Big 12 schools are going to have some problems. Is Texas going to start demanding the rights to games taking place in places other than in Texas? Will someone in Kansas have to buy the Texas network to watch their own Jayhawks? Even home games? I think the answer is pretty obvious. If Texas is already demanding, and is obviously capable of securing, what it does from the other members, do you really think it stops with just these exit penalties and the already uneven revenue sharing in place now? Does the future bring a scenario where Texas and their network demands the TV rights to the other members' product? Does the Texas network become a de facto Big 12 network, but with all revenue headed to Austin? These networks need 'product' to show. 1 University alone would be hard pressed to have enough 'product' to fill the network. Where are they going to get the programming from if not from the other members? Very interesting possibility in my opinion.

Me too! The Big Ten Network didn't start making money right away. And with the fans/alumni of 11 schools and the population of 8 Big Ten states. They still don't have a tv schedule perfected, and that's with 11 schools providing content. I question, will a Bevo Network actually draw enough viewers to make it viable? How are they going to fill out a schedule with just one school providing content? Is the national and Bevo Network going to fight over which games they have the right to air? They're going to have to put on games that are good enough, where people's going to want to pay to get the channel, on the other hand, putting a great potential game on the Bevo network, when it could have gotten more viewers and revue on FOX or whatever...I'm very sceptical if this will work. The only school I think could have pulled it off of starting a network of their own would have been Notre Dame & even them I don't think could do it now.

Why do people worry about "traditional rivalries" of the old Big 8? The only true rival was OU. That's it. Colorado and KSU had strong periods but neither was sustained... The Big 8 died 15 years ago, the Big 12 was never more than a glued up, pieced together piece of crap so why would we care that the glue finally gave and the crap has fallen apart...

Kansas a rival? No, it was a habit (100+ years, but irrelevant 90+ of those years...).

The Big 10 has forgotten more tradition/history than the Big 12 ever had...

I'd agree somewhat however the OU, CU and to a degree MU rivalry were very real. Lots of bad blood between NU and CU/MU. A lot of Husker fans are really going to miss playing them like OU. I know I will. The rest, I don't think so. Actually I'll miss playing Texas way more then OU and I'm sure that's true for a ton of Husker fans. Would love to keep Texas on the schedule.

I'd agree only because it wouldn't be on Texass's terms anymore. But unlike the fellow Big 8 teams that have shackled themselves to the Demi-god, I think Nebraskans will stop caring about anything Texass.

I'm pretty happy with this outcome, the Big 12 staying together. Would've been cool to see them all / most go to other good places, but I would have hated to see schools like KU, MU get hung out to dry. Hell, if freakin' CU gets to go to the Pac 10, you guys deserve something nice.

Honestly, I hope you guys pull in two good teams and continue being the Big 12. Houston? BYU? I'm a stickler for tradition, I guess, and I will miss the old rivalries more than most.

Keep in touch. See ya! :P

How does it feel to be whored out by your AD?

The real question is, for Nebraska fans, how does it feel to have a classless AD in Osborne? Nice Press Conference-Way to throw everyone under the bus on your way out of the Big 12. Cause of course it's everyone elses fault, except Nebraska right? Please. Man up and show some class. You chose to leave. Nobody forced you out.

All I can say is don't let the door hit ya.

The real question is, for Nebraska fans, how does it feel to have a classless AD in Osborne? Nice Press Conference-Way to throw everyone under the bus on your way out of the Big 12. Cause of course it's everyone elses fault, except Nebraska right? Please. Man up and show some class. You chose to leave. Nobody forced you out.

kind of like what it did to todd reesing when he got kicked out of the CFL?

i do not think TO was blaming anyone, he was just explaining the circumstances around their decision. if you really think Osborne was classless, it is because you are letting your preconceived biases control your perceptions.

Truth hurts that bad, huh? While the bitterness of your post is amusing, it's ridiculously ironic coming from a fan of a school with Lew Perkins as an AD.

You need to worry about the mess in your own house before commenting on any other school.

You stay classy, JGS.

kind of like what it did to todd reesing when he got kicked out of the CFL?

i do not think TO was blaming anyone, he was just explaining the circumstances around their decision. if you really think Osborne was classless, it is because you are letting your preconceived biases control your perceptions.

Plus, I don't think jayhawk fans really have any room to talk about classiness of ADs.

also, the more i think about this, why would Osborne throw anyone under the bus? this was a popular decision and good for the whole state, husker fan or not. as a former politician, he knows best that you take credit for popular decisions. i was doing the big 12 a courtesy by explaining why he left, showing them some respect. he could have said, "big 12 sucks, big 10 better, see ya suckas!" instead he showed respect for the conference by saying that he did not want to leave such a noble conference, but had little choice when looking to the future. do bad your school cannot decide when it wants to leave and will someday be relegated to the mwc or conf. usa. good luck being forced into a conference while we will enjoy our choice.

Frankly...who cares? Nebraska called all the shots in the Big 8 under Devaney and under Osbourne as far as football was concerned. What they deemed to be good for Nebraska was deemed to be good for the rest of the schools whether they liked it or not. Now, Texas is calling all the shots. What's the difference whether it's Texas or Nebraska telling everybody else what to do? Here at ISU we'll be getting more money AND a we buy a little time to shop around for another conference when this one implodes.

Feels pretty good! Thanks for asking.

:rollin:rollin:clap

Sure is easier to talk tuff this week after Texas saved you from Conference USA, last week it was :cry:cry

:rollin:rollin:clap

Sure is easier to talk tuff this week after Texas saved you from Conference USA, last week it was :cry:cry

OWNED!!!! :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound

Besides, why are you so bitter - didn't everyone left in the Big 12 say they are going to make oodles more cash since Nebraska and CU left? Seems like a win-win situation to me. Be happy. That is, unless you don't trust the highly suspect figures being thrown out.

yep...you should be happy we left and congratulating us for leaving and making you guys more money...or your posting out of rage of being hosed over...so which one have you picked???

Besides, why are you so bitter - didn't everyone left in the Big 12 say they are going to make oodles more cash since Nebraska and CU left? Seems like a win-win situation to me. Be happy. That is, unless you don't trust the highly suspect figures being thrown out.

I think after the "real math" is done, those other 9 teams in the Big 12 will find that Texass is the only one that will profit any more than they do now. They are going to feel like sheep, because that is what they are.:laughpound