McCartney think NU-CU rivalry will live on

GSG

:lol:

sorry, I didn't even read this entire thread....

:rollin

Rose Bowl every year?

:laughpound

Not even the most die hard, kool-aid drinking Husker fans would put us in the Rose Bowl every year. Even if they did, nobody would have us playing CU every time.

Seriously, there isn't an emoticon out there to express my feelings. I actually liked the "rivalry" with CU every year, but this is absurd.

McCartney, the strip club called, you were so effed up you left your stash.

I can't beat up on Beach for defending his team, I'd do the same if I was in his shoes. I'm not going to sit here and say that CU will never make it to the Rose Bowl. I don't have a crystal ball to be able to tell the future or I would've won the PowerBall a loooonnnng time ago. All I do know is that if our paths cross again in the future it'll be fun to watch and you know it'll be a hard fought game. Talkins will be gone after this season and who knows who CU will end up getting.

I can't beat up on Beach for defending his team, I'd do the same if I was in his shoes. I'm not going to sit here and say that CU will never make it to the Rose Bowl. I don't have a crystal ball to be able to tell the future or I would've won the PowerBall a loooonnnng time ago. All I do know is that if our paths cross again in the future it'll be fun to watch and you know it'll be a hard fought game. Talkins will be gone after this season and who knows who CU will end up getting.

Thanks BRI, good to hear from you again. If we are fortunate enough to get to the Rose Bowl one day I think it would be awesome if it was indeed against Nebraska, at least for me, just like I know some folks here would love to see an OU/NU bowl matchup or maybe now a NU/UT bowl matchup. We all have our favorites....

Thanks BRI, good to hear from you again. If we are fortunate enough to get to the Rose Bowl one day I think it would be awesome if it was indeed against Nebraska, at least for me, just like I know some folks here would love to see an OU/NU bowl matchup or maybe now a NU/UT bowl matchup. We all have our favorites....

Man, you took some heat there Buffs...I didn't even think you said anything that bad :lol: . Anyways, I think you guys will be able to hang with most of the Pac-10. I have respect for Hawkins the man (I have heard nothing but good things about he treats people), but coaching-wise he just hasn't had much luck for CU. Hope we meet up in the future...no matter what you guys have always played us tough. BTW the Pac-10 just feels like the right conference for you guys.

Okay, I'll ask the question. If CU can't even afford to buy out Hawkins contract, what makes you think you will get an upgrade from Hawkins once his contract expires?

well assuming that the PAC 10 does indeed increase their TV contract which is likely this should increase revenue into the athletic department, also the renewed enthusiasm from joining the PAC 10 hopefully will boost alumni contributions..

Man, you took some heat there Buffs...I didn't even think you said anything that bad :lol: . Anyways, I think you guys will be able to hang with most of the Pac-10. I have respect for Hawkins the man (I have heard nothing but good things about he treats people), but coaching-wise he just hasn't had much luck for CU. Hope we meet up in the future...no matter what you guys have always played us tough. BTW the Pac-10 just feels like the right conference for you guys.

I am with you about Hawkins as a man, a few things still stand out in my mind that I give him a lot of props for, his Intramural Speech(epic), his ability to clean up Barnett's sh#t, and his threats to the student body about taking the team off the field if there were any problems 2 years ago against you guys in the game where the defenses stayed home...lol but, he still has not shown any consistency and his handling of the quarterback position has been a debacle...

Isn't the Rose Bowl the 2nd place AFTER the MNC?

There's some hate being spewed here but my dislike of the corn has subsided. I actually appreciate you guys when compared to UT and i'm happy we're most likely making the split for the weak 12 at the same time.

That being said, CU is just in one of those valley's that teams get in from time to time. You guys were there with Callahan. Once Tawkins is gone, i'm hopeful that we bring in somebody to right the ship. Unfortunately on that front, the schedule looks manageable this year and I could see Hawk luckily guiding this team to 7-8 wins should the cards fall right. As to the question of where will we find the funds... Colorado isn't hurting for funds, they just couldn't take money from the general university fund to fire a FB coach while asking the state for more money... hence why Tawkins is still here. Plus, the deal with the Pac 10 should be around 15-16million by the time all is said and done. A pretty hefty payout for the University considering we made just 8 last season.

A rose bowl with the corn would be fun. I love the fact that will be a possibility in the future. Both teams did well for them in their expansions and the next time we meet, it will be for a whole bunch of marbles.

Good luck in the Big 10. Kick UT's ass. F the Weak 12.

GO BUFFS.