Big 12 Looks to Notre Dame/Arkansas

Joe, I love your avatar.

Notre Dame would never give up its rivalry games with Michigan and Michigan State. They are such traditionalist it could not happen.

If and a large if, Notre Dame only goes to the Big Ten, and I doubt I will see it in my life time.

Not only would no school want to join, the big 12 does not want to expand. Even if the big 12 were to lok at expansion you get another bad situation let's say the big 12 makes some huge deal with ND to get them join. Than you just have to teams pissing everybody off instead of one.

and they think "we're" whiners. Not to say that ND are a bunch of whiners at all - just saying they will not put up with the shenanigans any more than "we" did.

im sorry why but why would Arkansas leave the SEC.

A really crappy dan beebe smoke screen if i ever saw one.

Notre dame will never give up its NBC contract, and Arkansas despite its recent misfortunes has shown that it can be competitive in the SEC.

And don't forget - Arkansas bolted the old SWC for the same reasons that Nebraska bolted the Big 12 - the overbearing presence of Texas. No way it would ever return to that...

:laughpound This is a joke, right? There is no way that Notre Dame would come to the Big 12, especially after getting a whiff of the greed of Texas, if they are smart enough to read what really happened behind the scenes - though I have to wonder if some of the Big 12 schools "noticed" what really was going on.

Arkansas is not about to leave the SEC for the Big 12, in fact, I would be very surprised if they could pull in anyone into the Big 12 that wasn't in the State of Texas....unless they want to shoot for New Mexico, which Beebe flat stated that he was going to stay within this region...CSU maybe? Or maybe Wichta State?:laughpound

I think someone needs to start checking some of Beebe's math too. If Texas is going to have their own TV network, and supposedly Texas is where the money is at in this conference, how are they going to come up with all this money for everyone else - plus have Texas get their larger than everybody elses share? I think once anyone looks at the real math, they are not going to be that excited about joining the Big 12. In fact, I would venture to say that several teams will be offered and take more elsewhere within the next couple of years.

If any of you have any lingering doubts about Arkansas to the Big X(II) nonsense, I can sum it up in a way that should put it to rest.

You've got Chip Brown and Texas, talking about Arkansas being interested. Given your limited 16 year experience with all things Longwhorn, how much stock do you put in something put out by TU and it's chosen mouthpiece? Given the attempt to blame Nebraska for the dissolving of the Big XII, do you really give their mouthpiece credence on this issue, but not that one?

Brown and TU are working the media hard here, just like they did when trying to lay the blame at NU's feet. As in most cases, the only thing coming out of Texas in June is hot air.

This is not a joke.

It's raw, unbridled, stupidity. Jerry needs "the big 12 unloaded" to pick up two more teams so he can get cash for a ccg in jerry's world. ND..... wouldn't sniff this with Michigan's nose.

And Arkansas doesn't want anything to do with UT after getting out of the corruption riddled SWC... to get away from UT like we did. AND why would Arkansas leave the most successful (even if it's rough sailing) SEC to join the national media joke of a conference big 12 when everyone knows it's got a life expectancy of 3 - 5 years.

:laughpound This is a joke, right? There is no way that Notre Dame would come to the Big 12, especially after getting a whiff of the greed of Texas, if they are smart enough to read what really happened behind the scenes - though I have to wonder if some of the Big 12 schools "noticed" what really was going on.

Arkansas is not about to leave the SEC for the Big 12, in fact, I would be very surprised if they could pull in anyone into the Big 12 that wasn't in the State of Texas....unless they want to shoot for New Mexico, which Beebe flat stated that he was going to stay within this region...CSU maybe? Or maybe Wichta State?:laughpound

I think someone needs to start checking some of Beebe's math too. If Texas is going to have their own TV network, and supposedly Texas is where the money is at in this conference, how are they going to come up with all this money for everyone else - plus have Texas get their larger than everybody elses share? I think once anyone looks at the real math, they are not going to be that excited about joining the Big 12. In fact, I would venture to say that several teams will be offered and take more elsewhere within the next couple of years.

I think after we and colorado leave they will find that the new Big 12 doesn't have the same cache it once had. I think that the five lesser schools in the conference are screwing themselves over and delaying the inevitable. I am sure the MWC would love to take KSU, KU, ISU, TT, and Baylor. I've seen so many ignorant comments across different boards they act like the only thing that matters is what you did last decade. Lol You sure don't start a conference based on what you did lately.

that is exactly correct, only Texas has a real interest in keeping the 12 alive, because they would have trouble keeping bevo tv if they went elsewhere, in fact, over the long run, they may have screwed themselves in pursuit of that extra 5 mil...i still don't think Texas is a stronger brand than ND, as some contend, but for me i hate them equally!

that is exactly correct, only Texas has a real interest in keeping the 12 alive, because they would have trouble keeping bevo tv if they went elsewhere, in fact, over the long run, they may have screwed themselves in pursuit of that extra 5 mil...i still don't think Texas is a stronger brand than ND, as some contend, but for me i hate them equally!

Couldn't of said it better myself Hunter.