Okay I've already mentioned this before, but I think it needs restating. I HATE the new recruiting system. The first year I attempted to use it, I got around the 89th best recruiting class in the country. The next year I let the CPU mostly take over, though I did diddle with some of my top prospects, and got the 4th best class. Now I've won the NC two years running (the second year by a hair), but I have a hard time swaying several of my top prospects not to go to that toilet of a program called Texas. If you really won the MNC game twice in a row, and were expected to make a third run, you wouldn't be recruiting as much as selecting which players you wanted and kicking the rest of the five-stars to the curb.

Anyway, last year's game I pulled in anywhere from 8-13 5*s per seasons, after I got the program built up a ways. This year it doesn't seem that it matters how much time you put into a recruit; if he's got his mind set somewhere else, you might as well piss off or hope he's meter is high and you get a visit before the other team.

Haha, I got the 16th ranked recruiting class my first year, then then 89th(!!!!!) ranked class (winning the NC that year), and right now I'm the 5th class with like 3-4 weeks to go. It's definitely challenging. I like it better than last year I think though. Though if the extreme variances don't correct (it could have been my fault), I will like it a lot less.

Okay I've already mentioned this before, but I think it needs restating. I HATE the new recruiting system. The first year I attempted to use it, I got around the 89th best recruiting class in the country. The next year I let the CPU mostly take over, though I did diddle with some of my top prospects, and got the 4th best class. Now I've won the NC two years running (the second year by a hair), but I have a hard time swaying several of my top prospects not to go to that toilet of a program called Texas. If you really won the MNC game twice in a row, and were expected to make a third run, you wouldn't be recruiting as much as selecting which players you wanted and kicking the rest of the five-stars to the curb.

Anyway, last year's game I pulled in anywhere from 8-13 5*s per seasons, after I got the program built up a ways. This year it doesn't seem that it matters how much time you put into a recruit; if he's got his mind set somewhere else, you might as well piss off or hope he's meter is high and you get a visit before the other team.

Yeah you really have to take pipeline states into consideration in this game as well as checking to see how far you are the recruits list before the season begins. Unless I'm recruiting in my home state I almost never target a prospect that doesn't have me in his top 3 already. It's certainly more difficult to recruit this year but I kinda like that.

Yeah you really have to take pipeline states into consideration in this game as well as checking to see how far you are the recruits list before the season begins. Unless I'm recruiting in my home state I almost never target a prospect that doesn't have me in his top 3 already. It's certainly more difficult to recruit this year but I kinda like that.

I agree, I find it more realistic that I don't have all 14 of the top prospects every year. NU has never been a recruiting hotbed, even when we won 3 of 4 NC and were in 7 NC "races" from '93 to '01.

I recruit OL like crazy and stockpile them. With the issue with pass protection and the upgraded rushing system a great OL is the difference in this game. Just my $.02.

I agree, I find it more realistic that I don't have all 14 of the top prospects every year. NU has never been a recruiting hotbed, even when we won 3 of 4 NC and were in 7 NC "races" from '93 to '01.

I recruit OL like crazy and stockpile them. With the issue with pass protection and the upgraded rushing system a great OL is the difference in this game. Just my $.02.

not only is recruiting harder the players are more realistic then ever

I am playing a dynasty as western kentucky and i used everything i had to sway a 3 star dual threat qb from iowa st. I thought he would be a big enough guy to just walk in and start, but was suprised at how bad his overall was. When i started the season and was moving people around on the depth chart i realized the kid could catch, too. And by can catch too, I mean he is the only guy on my team who can catch and he is my go-to guy. In past years, quarterbacks were quarterbacks were quarterbacks. I like.

Oh yeah. I recruited and got a 3 star saftey, these two were the only two 3 stars i got, thinking he would be my automatic starter. Once again to suprised he wasn't as good as the guy already there. I found out again playing around in the depth chart the guy is good enough to start at outside backer. Another reason the game is a lot more realistic.

I completed season 1 on Wednesday with a national championship (over Bama) from the Big Ten conference....they let you swap teams so I replaced Northwestern with Nebraska. Kinda fun. I pretty much would run the ball every play trying to get Helu the heisman.....before the bowl game he had 1970 yards and took 4th in the voting...wtf. A bosie state receiver with 1100 yards won....

I don't take the time to recruit and the computer got me the 40th best class.

not only is recruiting harder the players are more realistic then ever

I am playing a dynasty as western kentucky and i used everything i had to sway a 3 star dual threat qb from iowa st. I thought he would be a big enough guy to just walk in and start, but was suprised at how bad his overall was. When i started the season and was moving people around on the depth chart i realized the kid could catch, too. And by can catch too, I mean he is the only guy on my team who can catch and he is my go-to guy. In past years, quarterbacks were quarterbacks were quarterbacks. I like.

Oh yeah. I recruited and got a 3 star saftey, these two were the only two 3 stars i got, thinking he would be my automatic starter. Once again to suprised he wasn't as good as the guy already there. I found out again playing around in the depth chart the guy is good enough to start at outside backer. Another reason the game is a lot more realistic.

Three stars aren't very good at all in this game. I needed a kicker after my first year and kinda just forgot about it, so I ended up signing a 2 star K and a 2 star P. They're ranked a 45 and a 47!!!! My kicker is so god awful it's sad. He can't make a field goal over 35 yards. He kicks off to the 12-15 yard line. He's ranked higher than the punter as a punter, so I cut the punter and this guy does both for me.

My best recruit from my first class was a four star WR who walked on to campus as a 78 with 98 speed. I signed the #1 overall player this year, a center from Colorado, so I am excited to see what he comes to campus as.

On my old PS3 when I started a dynasty with the actual rosters I recruited 3 players from Nebraska and two of the three were a 4 star recruit a WR from Ogallala, NE and a DE from Norfolk. They both committed in week 2....sadly my PS3 dies the next day :boxosoap

Is it me or is Texas Tech freakin good? I've started 3 dynasties (2 on my old PS3 and 1 on my new PS3) and everytime Texas Tech played Texas they've beat them and beat them badly.

On my old PS3 when I started a dynasty with the actual rosters I recruited 3 players from Nebraska and two of the three were a 4 star recruit a WR from Ogallala, NE and a DE from Norfolk. They both committed in week 2....sadly my PS3 dies the next day :boxosoap

Is it me or is Texas Tech freakin good? I've started 3 dynasties (2 on my old PS3 and 1 on my new PS3) and everytime Texas Tech played Texas they've beat them and beat them badly.

I lost out on a 5* WR (to USC :() from York and a 4* DT from Chadron! Tech is good. I've had serious problems with Washington and Locker more than anyone.

i just simulated hrough a season to see what happened and in my first year with my western kentucky dynasty, i threw them in the SEC just to let you, and both time locker took the heisman in a landslide

Interesting.

In my first season of dynasty, Ingram took the Heisman again. Can't remember who took the second season one.

I just finished my first season with the Huskers. Beat Ohio State in the BCS Championship Game 38-3, and finished with the #2 overall recruiting class behind Texas. Christian Ponder from FSU won the Heisman, Zac Lee finished 3rd in the running. I didn't get any other awards, Gomes was runner up for the Thorpe Award and Cameron Meredith was runner up for the Lombardi.

With recruiting I've come to find that players not from a pipeline state must have you in the top 3-4 at the beginning of the season to even stand a chance. Otherwise pipeline recruits can have you as low as 8 before the season starts. So far in season two with Nebraska, I'm in the 8th week and I am #1 overall with 3 Five Stars, 4 Four Stars, and 1 Three Star. I make sure to fill my recruiting board completely full, but I only call on the top 15 on my board. As the season goes along and players committ to me or go elsewhere, I move players up the board into the top 15 accordingly. Just having people on your board can help out for situations like this, and I've had a few where I rose from 5-6th on a players list to 2-3 without calling them all season.

I just finished my first season with the Huskers. Beat Ohio State in the BCS Championship Game 38-3, and finished with the #2 overall recruiting class behind Texas. Christian Ponder from FSU won the Heisman, Zac Lee finished 3rd in the running. I didn't get any other awards, Gomes was runner up for the Thorpe Award and Cameron Meredith was runner up for the Lombardi.

With recruiting I've come to find that players not from a pipeline state must have you in the top 3-4 at the beginning of the season to even stand a chance. Otherwise pipeline recruits can have you as low as 8 before the season starts. So far in season two with Nebraska, I'm in the 8th week and I am #1 overall with 3 Five Stars, 4 Four Stars, and 1 Three Star. I make sure to fill my recruiting board completely full, but I only call on the top 15 on my board. As the season goes along and players committ to me or go elsewhere, I move players up the board into the top 15 accordingly. Just having people on your board can help out for situations like this, and I've had a few where I rose from 5-6th on a players list to 2-3 without calling them all season.

Ya I'm doing the same thing and only going after 15 recruits. I'll call all of them. Right now all of them have me at #1 on their list with 3 in their top 2. It helps a lot to just go after 10-15 and call them every week. Once a recruit commits to another school I'll look up another recruit that has me in two 3 and I'll snatch him up and start recruiting him hard.

Question on recruiting:

If a bar is full on interest, will any more recruiting have an affect? I noticed at the end of the season, all of the final schools are just "-1" behind me, so not further recruiting seems to have an effect.

Because of this, I have realized that you can go after far more recruits instead of wasting hours on recruits with full interest.

About the "team needs", I think those are positions that you actually need before you require walk-ons, because if you get your "needs" plus other recruits and only recruit 10-15 people a season, you will end up with a roster of only ~50 people in four years and your "team needs" will jump up drastically after a couple of seasons recruiting that low. Ideally, you should have your team needs players be really high quality, a few other stars, and the rest should be easier 3 and 4 star recruits (if you are a top tier program, otherwise low-3 stars) to fill the rest of the roster.

Also, what does the lock icon mean above the image of the recruit when calling?