Zac Lee will be the starter

??? kosher? (nice one) race reference? dude, lighten the hell up.

oversensitive "PC" status of board mod = CONFIRMED.

Fact: in no way have i been derogatory whatsoever to anyone of any racial orientation except maybe whatever race Lee happens to be.

so stuff it.

OUT COMES TEH BANHAMMER! and the WHAAAMBULANCE!

I'm a freaking huge NU fan dude, white as hell(irish in fact), and don't give two craps about any kind of skin color. but whatever.

clown away.

Dude. Just relax. Ease off the caps lock already.

??? kosher? (nice one) race reference? dude, lighten the hell up.

oversensitive "PC" status of board mod = CONFIRMED.

Fact: in no way have i been derogatory whatsoever to anyone of any racial orientation except maybe whatever race Lee happens to be.

so stuff it.

OUT COMES TEH BANHAMMER! and the WHAAAMBULANCE!

I'm a freaking huge NU fan dude, white as hell(irish in fact), and don't give two craps about any kind of skin color. but whatever.

clown away.

calling out knapplc? :o you brave.

I think we all are just a little tense due to the long off season and the 2010 season right around the corner. Let it play out in fall camp, GBR.

Edited by n.e.husker

What makes you think that, with Lee out all spring and no QB depth to speak of, the other guys are not getting their shot? What makes you think that Lee is not athletic? He graded out as one of the most athletic players on the team last spring if I recall correctly. If there's ever been a better opportunity for one of those guys to step up, it's now.

Uhh....2009. If I never see Lee run an option again at NU I swear I'll change all my bad ways. Even better,if I never see Lee timidly run the ball like he's walking on eggs and showing all the elusiveness of the Great Pyramid I'll quit drinking.

Gawd, as much as it kills me to say so, gladly let's return to those unstoppable horizontal passes than Lee running the ball. Anything but that.

I agree 100% with you that the other guys will get their shot! Unlike 99.99999% of NU fans here I'm convinced somebody besides Lee will take the bull by the horn this year and there will be no looking back. Bo's not impressed with the idea of wasting another great defense.

Everything is good!

No way man, Lee is officially the stuff. I mean, who wants the 6'4" super fast, freakishly athletic black guy with the cannon attached to his shoulder, or the slightly smaller, quicker, faster, black guy with the rocket attached to his shoulder back there. Or anybody else because (a)we haven't seen them play yet and (b)they can't be any better than the guy we've seen play. Lord knows those two should never get a shot because {c}they don't have 100X the physical skills of the returning starter, and (d)are only lacking game experience to actually be good.

I get it now, it's clear. I'm on board.

Its simple math: a + b + c + d = Lee.

Lee, Lee he's our man, if he can't do it, no one can!

All together now!

Lee, Lee he's our man, if he can't do it, No One Can!

YAY Lee!

Great job mentioning race over and over again. Ignorant.... Did you notice how the cannon was firing well off target all of the time? Did you also notice how slow he accelerated? We won't know for sure if Lee will look any better this season until the games are played. Rest assured though that the guy who will be starting IS the best guy we have. I am very optimistic with a deeper O-line that Lee will have a much better season. Did you not notice the horrible line play (partly due to injuries) last year? Did you also not notice the horrible wide reciever routes that were run and the drops? We had our top 2 guys on the bench for a few games. Did you not hear about the surgery that Lee had in the off season? We could have had the best college QB in the country behind center and still have not done much better in my opinion.

No way man, Lee is officially the stuff. I mean, who wants the 6'4" super fast, freakishly athletic black guy with the cannon attached to his shoulder, or the slightly smaller, quicker, faster, black guy with the rocket attached to his shoulder back there. Or anybody else because (a)we haven't seen them play yet and (b)they can't be any better than the guy we've seen play. Lord knows those two should never get a shot because {c}they don't have 100X the physical skills of the returning starter, and (d)are only lacking game experience to actually be good.

I get it now, it's clear. I'm on board.

Its simple math: a + b + c + d = Lee.

Lee, Lee he's our man, if he can't do it, no one can!

All together now!

Lee, Lee he's our man, if he can't do it, No One Can!

YAY Lee!

Two things:

1. Martinez does not have a rocket arm, he has a noodle arm that he cannot predict where the ball will go when let go.

2. I was unaware MARTINEZ was black

Also, stop with race comments. Not that it matters that I think you are being racist, but it immediately eliminates any and all credibility on this board.

and to the question posed by the previous post...

ANY OF THE ABOVE. what part of ANYBODY BUT LEE did you miss? just saying, and i'm far from alone.

Yeah, I understand you don't want Zac Lee. You obviously have some personal vendetta against the kid, however you failed to answer WHY you would pick ONE of the other QB's on roster? And saying cause Zac Lee sucks is not a reason why you would want to start one of the other guys. I want to know why you think that guy is better than Zac Lee.

What makes you think that, with Lee out all spring and no QB depth to speak of, the other guys are not getting their shot? What makes you think that Lee is not athletic? He graded out as one of the most athletic players on the team last spring if I recall correctly. If there's ever been a better opportunity for one of those guys to step up, it's now.

Uhh....2009. If I never see Lee run an option again at NU I swear I'll change all my bad ways. Even better,if I never see Lee timidly run the ball like he's walking on eggs and showing all the elusiveness of the Great Pyramid I'll quit drinking.

Gawd, as much as it kills me to say so, gladly let's return to those unstoppable horizontal passes than Lee running the ball. Anything but that.

I agree 100% with you that the other guys will get their shot! Unlike 99.99999% of NU fans here I'm convinced somebody besides Lee will take the bull by the horn this year and there will be no looking back. Bo's not impressed with the idea of wasting another great defense.

Everything is good!

bshirt, I did not say Lee was an elusive runner or adept at executing the option. Heck, if I hardly ever see NU run the option this year I wouldn't shed a tear. I said Lee was athletic. People think he's a stone-footed pocket passer but it's just not the case, because he has wheels. And haven't we all seen Green run the option? And honestly, Lee support is way lower than 99%. I'd be surprised if it was much over 70. But we can agree to disagree on this point, and see what happens come fall. For those who don't remember Lee's open field speed, check the 0:50 mark and the 1:32 mark:

Everything is good!

bshirt, I did not say Lee was an elusive runner or adept at executing the option. Heck, if I hardly ever see NU run the option this year I wouldn't shed a tear. I said Lee was athletic. People think he's a stone-footed pocket passer but it's just not the case, because he has wheels. And haven't we all seen Green run the option? And honestly, Lee support is way lower than 99%. I'd be surprised if it was much over 70. But we can agree to disagree on this point, and see what happens come fall.

You got yourself a deal, partner. Is it Sept yet???

GBR!!

• Fire 1

Everything is good!

bshirt, I did not say Lee was an elusive runner or adept at executing the option. Heck, if I hardly ever see NU run the option this year I wouldn't shed a tear. I said Lee was athletic. People think he's a stone-footed pocket passer but it's just not the case, because he has wheels. And haven't we all seen Green run the option? And honestly, Lee support is way lower than 99%. I'd be surprised if it was much over 70. But we can agree to disagree on this point, and see what happens come fall. For those who don't remember Lee's open field speed, check the 0:50 mark and the 1:32 mark:

You OBVIOUSLY altered that video!!

Funny thing is, the next play Lee throws a damn good pass off of an option play-action.

and to the question posed by the previous post...

ANY OF THE ABOVE. what part of ANYBODY BUT LEE did you miss? just saying, and i'm far from alone.

Yeah, I understand you don't want Zac Lee. You obviously have some personal vendetta against the kid, however you failed to answer WHY you would pick ONE of the other QB's on roster? And saying cause Zac Lee sucks is not a reason why you would want to start one of the other guys. I want to know why you think that guy is better than Zac Lee.

Yeah, uh, my opinion is that Lee sucks at playing QB. I don't know him, don't care. I just want some stand up, rock jawed SOB ready to make things happen back there. Somebody not afraid, and that has the superlative physical tools to dress down an opposing defense.

Who here really can argue against that?

I mean, i've watched many a scrub team roll through lincoln and get waxed, and i find myself wishing that we could have any of their quarterbacks. any of them look better than Lee did all of last season. It was one of the most atrocious things i've ever seen at d1 level, honestly. i used to think that we had some poor quarterbacks, comparatively, over the last 10 years until Lee became starter. Now i wish that we had any of them.

Sure, you can probably pull out a highlight or something to counter what i'm saying here, but i watched every down. of every game. so did you. i know what i saw. so do you. it was not pretty. you know this.

every time Green came in i saw a guy who clearly had every single physical tool necessary to dominate a game from the QB position. Just physically impose his will on the game, a la Vince Young. I also saw that he did not have any confidence whatsoever. What solves that problem?

Game experience.

Denying him game experience is also denying him the ability to correct his lack of confidence, which is in turn what is preventing him from seeing the field, or challenging for a starting role.

So basically, until he actually plays, he probably won't ever play.

There is only one solution: take a chance, early in the season, against some lesser opponents, and Just Start Him. Let him struggle, let him figure it out. Late in the season we will be better off. Just like if we would have had a physically superior athlete at the quarter back position against some other opponents, say VT or UT, he would have had enough plays in him to pull out at least a couple 1st downs that Lee could not, which basically could and in all likelihood would have reversed the results of both contests.

And this season that could mean the B12 championship game and bowl game. How can the coaching staff not take this chance?

I have no explanation, and unless somebody can give me a logical deduction with supporting examples of a good reason, i say the fix is in, or the offensive staff needs to go IF Lee starts game 1.

REACT and don't BS me.

This sh#t is crazy. Nobody is saying that Zac Lee is the next Heisman winner. The most credit anybody has given Zac Lee in this thread is that it probably isn't fair to pass judgement on him yet. The whole offense was spinning out of control last year.

Cody Green looked like friggin' Joe Dailey everytime he went out on the field last year, Martinez is a RS Frosh w/ admittedly very little accuracy, and Kody Spano's knees are held together with popsicle sticks and Elmer's glue. I don't know why some people think we have something better than Lee waiting in the wings.

I think it's fair to say that if the coaches give Lee the nod, we should probably, uh, you know... support him. And reading back through this thread, that's the most love I see Zac Lee getting.

Jeezzus, I hope Mr. Plan 9 from Outer Space enjoyed his afternoon.

Green does not suffer from lack of confidence. Green suffers from a lack of development in his passing game. Some would argue a lack of electric agility, but I don't think that's really important. Green's development in the offense and in his arm is what is keeping him from being a starter right now - and not confidence. Green came from a very simple HS offense with very little polish as a passer. With more depth at the position, he could have redshirted last season and honed his craft. Unfortunately, he couldn't and it's set him back some, as well as given him a lot more pressure than he needs at this point.