Zac Lee will be the starter

bo's 'coachspeak' goes both ways tho. He doesnt bullsh#t. If its open, that means its open. That means the staff feels lee isnt the legitimate, ohmygodgonnabestarter. And riddle me this...who didnt we see on the trip to the big 12 media days?

I thought about this as well during the media days.

Me too. It's quite obvious that Prince Amukamara will NOT start at quarterback. I've been saying that this whole thread but nobody listens. Nobody! :ahhhhhhhh

I see through the thin veil of sarcasm to your greater point, Mustafa. :corndance

I am not saying, BTW, that Zac Lee isn't going to be the starter. In fact, I believe he will. I am saying it says the job really is open since he wasn't at the media days. Or it is a ploy to motivate him, but as far as the players are concerned it is wide open.

The fact remains that the returning senior QB who started 12 games last year was noticeably absent from the festivities.

That was just a general joke, not aimed at anyone in particular. I felt I had a clever moment... maybe not so much. :LOLtartar

Maybe the absence of any QB was important. Maybe it meant they all had tests to take. Baylor, Oklahoma, Colorado and Kansas also did not bring a QB to media days. Baylor and OU are definitely set on who their QBs are this year, so I don't think we should draw any conclusions from the absences of Griffin and Jones.

EDIT - and I also don't think we're set on QB. I think whomever takes that first snap against W. Kentucky will be on a seat just as hot as Dan Hawkins' this year.

That was just a general joke, not aimed at anyone in particular. I felt I had a clever moment... maybe not so much. :LOLtartar

Maybe the absence of any QB was important. Maybe it meant they all had tests to take. Baylor, Oklahoma, Colorado and Kansas also did not bring a QB to media days. Baylor and OU are definitely set on who their QBs are this year, so I don't think we should draw any conclusions from the absences of Griffin and Jones.

EDIT - and I also don't think we're set on QB. I think whomever takes that first snap against W. Kentucky will be on a seat just as hot as Dan Hawkins' this year.

Oh I know, mine was too. Should have added the sarcasm thingy....

Also, Baylor and OU's QBs aren't seniors, but still you are right.

Mainly I just like to stir up controversy, kind of like Glenn Beck. I do a lot of crying.......... :LOLtartar

I think we'll be OK with Zac. Look at 09 Iowa, Rikcy Stanzi tried harder that Zac ever to did to lose games, mostly in big games. Hell, statistically they didn't even run the ball that well. But they had a very experienced and reliable Oline (much like I expect ours to be like) that almost entirely eclipsed how pedestrian Stanzi was. If if wasn't for him getting injured, they probably play in the MNC with a 92nd ranked offense!

If the line plays to the capacity that they're almost certainly capable of, we should (obviously) get better performance out of Zac that'll look even better in the big picture thanks to the big uglies.

I think we'll be OK with Zac. Look at 09 Iowa, Rikcy Stanzi tried harder that Zac ever to did to lose games, mostly in big games. Hell, statistically they didn't even run the ball that well. But they had a very experienced and reliable Oline (much like I expect ours to be like) that almost entirely eclipsed how pedestrian Stanzi was. If if wasn't for him getting injured, they probably play in the MNC with a 92nd ranked offense!

If the line plays to the capacity that they're almost certainly capable of, we should (obviously) get better performance out of Zac that'll look even better in the big picture thanks to the big uglies.

Please never compare us to Iowa again. Thanks.

I, on the other hand don't mind sounding like a broken record. Lee stunk last year. If I hear about those damn elbow ligaments again, I'll puke. If it hurt that bad, he wouldn't have been throwing, he couldn't have thrown, he would have been sitting. No one I know of even saw him grab his elbow after a pass. I don't care if you are trying not to act hurt, if it hurts enough, it will show. Maudfather was right about all of the other questionable skills. He CAN"T run. He looked in over his head, because he was. If he does start, it only means all of our qb's stink. We will need Brion and Jamal to get ready quickly then. We also need to convince Bubba to play football over taking the $$$. As for TMart not being ready, who knows about his maturity level? It does take a rare guy to start so soon and play well, but Robert Griffin did it and did it well. Maybe TMart can do it too. I hope so. Again, if Lee is our qb, our D WILL have to be better than last year. No mistakes! :worship

I like your arguments about Lee not looking hurt but I have to say that a true frosh playing QB at Baylor, where you have low to no expectations, is nothing like playing QB at Nebraska. I'm just starting to read this thread so if someone else posted something similar, well, then, he would be very intelligent then would he not?

Those that have never failed at anything, come up short, not delivered as promised, pleas line up behind Plan Nine.

We obviously need a lot more of you, That would include most of Nebraska's teams through the years, those exceptions would only be 70,71,94,95 and 97 the rest are just weak assed excuses for the Husker nation.

Get a clue!

:facepalm::snacks:

Despite the silly icons I agree.

Huskers see 'whole new' QB in first practice

"It just felt good to be back," Lee said in his first interview since revealing the injury after he led Nebraska to a 33-0 win over Arizona in the Holiday Bowl.

According to teammates, Lee hasn't missed a beat. In fact, wide receiver Brandon Kinnie said, the senior from San Francisco returned this summer with a new attitude.

"I see a whole new Zac," Kinnie said. "This is a man ready to prove something."

But what about his arm?

"It's a rocket," Kinnie said. "He's blazing it in there."

Kid was playing with an injury that would've sidelined plenty. He was doing OK before he got hurt. He should get the benefit of the doubt.

Are you seriously taking the stance that tearing a tendon in ones elbow can effect their ability to play football? From reading this thread I was under the impression that there was no evidence for the injury, that it did not impact his play at all. I even have a hunch that this whole injury thing was just a hoax made up by the athletic department in an atempt to justify poor play.

:sarcasm:sarcasm:sarcasm:sarcasm:sarcasm

Please never compare us to Iowa again. Thanks.

I agree. I hate Iowa with every once of Husker red blood in my body.