Zac Lee will be the starter

Yeah, right, because remember all those games that Lee won for the huskers.

I mean really, WHERE WOULD WE BE WITHOUT LEE????? ZZZZOMG!!! Nobody else could make those perfect throws, could say "hike" and take the snap like him. Hand off the ball with such confidence. It was a thing of beauty to see him flailing around in the backfield, launching duck after duck in what could be generally considered the right direction.

Or how about all those times he made tacklers miss him in the backfield to gain a few extra seconds.

Or maybe those many times when he bulled his way through a defender to get that critical first down.

seriously, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? WHAT DOES HE DO WELL???? WHAT HAS HE EVER DONE WELL, OR WITH CONSISTENT SUCCESS?? I submit that anybody who defends Lee or Watson for starting him in spite of his obvious inability to perform the basic functions required by the position should have their Big Red Football Fan card pulled, or at least have their status changed from "legit" to "questionable". Are you REALLY a Nebraska fan? if so, how do you justify suggesting that this fraud should be the starter?

On second thought, don't bother. There is no justification IMO aside from plain old "glass-half-full" thinking, which goes around here like a hooker on Leavenworth street.

Summary: It's at least arguable that a trained monkey could have been as effective last season.

This is funny stuff. Keep it coming. :thumbs

I thought most places weren't allowed to sell alcohol before noon

If I had to guess, I'd say it's more likely that Zac:

1) Stole his lunch money in middle school

2) Refused his friend request on Facebook

3) Stole his girlfriend

4) Lives the life Jeff Trent here wanted to live, but couldn't

• Fire 1

i can tell you that if green or martinez has started last year there would be no need for hype this year...

Yeah, right, because remember all those games that Lee won for the huskers.

I mean really, WHERE WOULD WE BE WITHOUT LEE????? ZZZZOMG!!! Nobody else could make those perfect throws, could say "hike" and take the snap like him. Hand off the ball with such confidence. It was a thing of beauty to see him flailing around in the backfield, launching duck after duck in what could be generally considered the right direction.

Or how about all those times he made tacklers miss him in the backfield to gain a few extra seconds.

Or maybe those many times when he bulled his way through a defender to get that critical first down.

seriously, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? WHAT DOES HE DO WELL???? WHAT HAS HE EVER DONE WELL, OR WITH CONSISTENT SUCCESS?? I submit that anybody who defends Lee or Watson for starting him in spite of his obvious inability to perform the basic functions required by the position should have their Big Red Football Fan card pulled, or at least have their status changed from "legit" to "questionable". Are you REALLY a Nebraska fan? if so, how do you justify suggesting that this fraud should be the starter?

On second thought, don't bother. There is no justification IMO aside from plain old "glass-half-full" thinking, which goes around here like a hooker on Leavenworth street.

Summary: It's at least arguable that a trained monkey could have been as effective last season.

I have my Big Red Football Fan card right here dawg, come tug it..

lol

I do get what you are saying, I'm skeptical big time. But also hopefull. Have to be. Going completely by injury and a year of experience on the field. Who else can you possible say is going to lead the Huskers and why? Cause I tell you this, those other dudes that Lee is competing against arent better. Martinez hasnt seen the field. Green did not play well with his opportunity. Spano was hurt. The offense was up in arms last year, and with all the questions and concerns, nobody had an answer. Not Watson, not Bo, not Cotton...

So yeah last year sucked. Regroup, get past it. Lee is healthy this year and deserves to be the front runner. They got a month of practices and a bunch of cozy games to get it going and someone has to be playing great and clearly the best QB out there come conference time. Or it will be a repeat of what we saw last year.... and that would suck.

Wow, I honestly can't believe how much people on this board like Lee. Stunned, more like. Lee stunk it up the entire season, particularly against quality opponents, save for 2 or 3 flashes where he apparently stumbled or lucked out into some measure of success. Any success he had at QB was never due to his transcendent performance. I cringe every single time he's running around looking to pass, praying he doesn't fumble it or throw an INT, and secretly hoping that he would get his bell rung a little so ANY backup could come in. Just praying for it. I mean seriously, you're telling me that any D1 level quarterback couldn't have done what he did last season? He had the nations number 1 defense backing him up and the best our offense could muster with him at the helm was 12 points against a UT defense that gave up like 40 against a much overhyped alabama team(but I digress). Its not like Lee didn't have a million cracks at getting ball down the field, but terrible throw after terrible throw basically made the coaching staff determine that, rather than replacing a guy that clearly was over his head and couldn't get it done, they should simply avoid using the quarterback in any meaningful way whatsoever. What a total failure. This staff had better figure which of the other guys on the team can get it at least 1/2 way done, or NU is in some deep doo-doo. Lee is destined to start self destructing any moment, and by what i observed watching every snap of every game last season, it's only sheer luck that he didn't toss 30 interceptions last year. And that goes for every single Husker fan I actually know and watch games with.

What's with the short memory?

Didn't you people see his awful passes against VT? i mean has he EVER looked good throwing the ball? when has he ever delivered a pass that was impressive in any way? The few TD passes he did manage, the receivers were waiting for the ball, or the thing was wobbling around, off target so bad that the DB had no chance of getting to it if he wasn't looking back.

His mechanics are awful, he's slow of foot, he clearly lacks confidence and/or the guts + brawn to stick his helmet in somebody's chest and make them regret it.

NOTE TO UNL AD: PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FORCE WATSON TO START SOMEBODY BESIDES LEE. If we would have done this last season we'd already have an experienced starter with the tools to win games for us, rather than offensively limp along with an empty uniform behind center, keeping our fingers crossed that he doesn't blow it.

Re-evaluate, husker nation.

How about the Bowl game, I can't understand why there are so many people who think they are better at evaluating talent than the coaching staff. The coach's say Zac has the tools to get the job done. They watch him every day in practice we've seen him play in 13 games.

Lee didn't play outstanding in the bowl game. He had a mediocre game, instead of the awful game...granted we'd seen the guy play like garbage all year so it seemed like he was John Elway out there. Here are Lee's Holiday Bowl stats:

Zac Lee 13-23-0, 173 yds, 1 TD, 18 rushes for 65 yds

Pretty mediocre stats. Also, 74 of those passing yards came off of a bomb to a wide open Niles Paul after the defender fell down. I understand that Curenski dropped a handful of balls, but at the end of the day it is what it is: a mediocre performance.

mediocore for a healthy qb, maybe pretty good for a injured throwing arm.

I have no idea how bad his injury was or how it affected him, but trying to overcome an injury like that has to have some affect on your ability.

I think we see very quickly if Zac is the man or not. But if he isn't, if he can not lead this team this year, our results this year will not be what all are expecting I am afraid.

I would like to think Martinez could do the job, as I have no faith that Cody can at this time. I see a very timid offense if he is leading it. Very little down field passing to open up the running game. I am afraid we will see a lot of interceptions with him at the QB position. I think we saw that worry with the coaching staff last year.

When will football start!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just waiting for someone to regurgitate last year's claim that Zac sucks because he's from San Francisco, which makes him gay, and how he and Watson are gay together.

:dunno

Trust me, it happened. People were throwing out everything they could think of as to why he was still playing and why they thought he sucked so bad. I think it was before the injury announcement.

I'm just waiting for someone to regurgitate last year's claim that Zac sucks because he's from San Francisco, which makes him gay, and how he and Watson are gay together.

:dunno

Trust me, it happened. People were throwing out everything they could think of as to why he was still playing and why they thought he sucked so bad. I think it was before the injury announcement.

Huh, I never saw that but I'll take your word for it. That's pretty stupid. I would hope the level of discourse between Nebraska fans didn't fall that low.

To all of you people hating on Zac Lee and saying he shouldn't start, what have you seen out of the other QB's on the team that make you think they are so great and should start?

I can tell you based off of what I saw out of Green both last season and the spring game that he is not answer. Martinez didn't look so good in the Spring game either, so who is the answer? A lot of people are voicing strong opinions that Zac shouldn't start and I'd like to know who should. Who is going to lead us to a better season this year than we had last year (10 wins) with Zac at the helm?

I'd just like to point out, that if NU would have had about 2/3 of an offense last year they'd have been in the national championship game, and that would have been a sight to behold for sure....at least even odds to take home MNC #6.

Seriously, i have NO QUESTIONS about the flying Pelinis, Bo is the greatest single defensive mind I've ever seen on the college level. Great defense follows him everywhere he's been, great defense that changes programs, that wins games, that wins Big Games.

Also, This Year is a red-letter year, for many reasons. NU has a once in a lifetime opportunity to write an epitaph on the big 12 tombstone, and to kick off what i see as a dominant 3-5 year period moving forward into the big 10, which clearly isn't going to be ready for what pelini brings on the defensive side of the ball. i mean, they just discovered the forward pass, right?

In short, we need results offensively, game 1. NO MORE EXCUSES, i'm sick of them, husker nation deserves better than that, the tradition alone requires more. NU CAN WIN THE MNC THIS YEAR. Men are judged by Results at the end of the day, excuses are for women, children, and runner's up. Husker Nation carrying Lee's water by excusing last season's disasterous showing (injuries, bad o-line, emotional distress, blah blah) actually makes me sick...think about it: Nebraska has had success in the past by being harder-nosed, more physical, meaner, leaner, and more efficient than anyone else. Not necessarily more talented, not better funded, not over-hyped or over-exposed...and most certainly not by accepting or excusing poor on the field performance. Allowing that belies a weak-mindedness that rots like a cancer.

(The one time NU did get over-hyped, they got rolled up @ colorado and slapped down in the rose bowl. We didn't earn it, just like Lee being the starting QB.)

Rules of life: Work hard, succeed, eat well, live well...no excuses for failure. Its a philosophical thing...the "but but's" and apologies for Lee simply does not fit the profile of Nebraska Football as i know it.

And what we've had going on offensively, specifically from the one guy that handles the ball every snap, is not good enough. Not even close.

Don't kid yourself.